L

Leopard2023

Sep 24, 2023
I don't really know what partial suspension is. It doesn't sound like a viable method to me.

When they used to hang murderers in the UK, was it full suspension? I believe it was.

I'm scared to hang myself, because it will be painful. If I survive, I'm scared I'll be permanently disabled. Also I don't know how to make it possible for me to hang, I don't what how to do it.

The 3 methods I'm thinking of is SN, which I've heard of recently, but dunno how to do it. Also yew seeds and hanging.

Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
I would prefer full suspension hanging, you would require a ceiling or a branch which can hold your weight, I saw videos where people lose consciousness in less than 10 seconds, you just have to make sure that you dont panic and people dont find you for half an hour.

Reactions: nicotine_goblin
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Partial suspension is when a part of your body (legs typically) touches the ground, so the weight on your neck is just enough to close arteries and die. It's supposed to be less painful than other types but it takes some practice to get right. Full suspension is the classic hanging where you drop from a short height by kicking the chair or something like that and use your full weight to close arteries. It can be painful but if done right unconsciousnes is very quick (around 15 seconds). What they use to execute people is the long drop hanging, the drop is calculated using the person's weight (you can find the drop table on wikipedia). It's where a person falls around 1,5-2 meters and the rope, along with correct noose positioning and noose itself, breaks the neck apparently causing instant death. This kind of execution was often botched and the person ended up suffocating to death due to insufficient drop length, this is a method that's unforgiving to mistakes

• Informative
Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW
L

Leopard2023

Sep 24, 2023
Partial suspension is when a part of your body (legs typically) touches the ground, so the weight on your neck is just enough to close arteries and die. It's supposed to be less painful than other types but it takes some practice to get right. Full suspension is the classic hanging where you drop from a short height by kicking the chair or something like that and use your full weight to close arteries. It can be painful but if done right unconsciousnes is very quick (around 15 seconds). What they use to execute people is the long drop hanging, the drop is calculated using the person's weight (you can find the drop table on wikipedia). It's where a person falls around 1,5-2 meters and the rope, along with correct noose positioning and noose itself, breaks the neck apparently causing instant death. This kind of execution was often botched and the person ended up suffocating to death due to insufficient drop length, this is a method that's unforgiving to mistakes
Maybe with partial suspension, it's easier to change your mind.

I've heard that in the US when executing people, it often went wrong. But apparently in the UK it was done correctly.

Would it make it worse for me, if im fat, like around 12 stone?
I would prefer full suspension hanging, you would require a ceiling or a branch which can hold your weight, I saw videos where people lose consciousness in less than 10 seconds, you just have to make sure that you dont panic and people dont find you for half an hour.
I don't know if I have anything viable that I could hang from.