despairagus

despairagus

Aug 17, 2018
I've agreed to a 48 hour hold from my... Whatever he is. I'd say fiance but he doesn't call us that (long story). Anyway I've got 24 hours and 32 minutes left until I can make my decision.

I'd like to know what the cleanest way to go is so that my family doesn't have a huge mess to clean up? I know it's going to be traumatizing no matter what but what's the least traumatizing, least messy way to go? I just don't want them to have to deal with more than they're already going to. Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile, patheticpartner, sadworld and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm guessing that Carbon Monoxide would leave behind the "prettiest" corpse, but it's by far not the easiest method to pull off and could potentially endanger other people if done incorrectly.

One of the only other methods I could think of is the Exit bag, but I'm unsure whether them finding you with a bag over your head would constitute as traumatic?

Sodium Nitrite is also relatively clean but there's usually some amount of vomit involved and it'll turn you blue due to methemoglobinemia.

The most pressing issue is that I don't know how you'd acquire the necessary materials for any of the above within such a narrow timeframe. :aw:

Sorry to hear that you're struggling, OP. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, profoundexperience, sadworld and 2 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I would agree with Carbon Monoxide. My brother in law used this method and simply bought a length of hose, used gaffer tape to attach it to the exhaust, fed it through the window of the car and switched the engine on. As long as you don't get caught, you're gone within 3 minutes. His corpse apparently looked a little red and bloated in the chapel of rest a couple of days later, but when he was found he just looked asleep.
I've never understood the over-planning people go into on here. Most people successfully CTB without researching any method.

Reactions: patheticpartner and Wrennie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm guessing that Carbon Monoxide would leave behind the "prettiest" corpse, but it's by far not the easiest method to pull off and could potentially endanger other people if done incorrectly.

One of the only other methods I could think of is the Exit bag, but I'm unsure whether them finding you with a bag over your head would constitute as traumatic?

Sodium Nitrite is also relatively clean but there's usually some amount of vomit involved and it'll turn you blue due to methemoglobinemia.

The most pressing issue is that I don't know how you'd acquire the necessary materials for any of the above within such a narrow timeframe. :aw:

Sorry to hear that you're struggling, OP. :heart:

I second Wrennie's comment!
Those are the best options for me (and probably the ones I'll use when ctb because I'm not interested in leaving a messed-up body behind lol)

• Hugs
Reactions: Nitup and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I would agree with Carbon Monoxide. My brother in law used this method and simply bought a length of hose, used gaffer tape to attach it to the exhaust, fed it through the window of the car and switched the engine on. As long as you don't get caught, you're gone within 3 minutes. His corpse apparently looked a little red and bloated in the chapel of rest a couple of days later, but when he was found he just looked asleep.
I've never understood the over-planning people go into on here. Most people successfully CTB without researching any method.
Was this using a modernized vehicle?

Reactions: patheticpartner and profoundexperience
Nitup

Nitup

Fake smile, real pain.
Dec 30, 2020
Was this using a modernized vehicle?
I don't think so, I always red that modern engines don't work for CO method ?
I second Wrennie's comment!
Those are the best options for me (and probably the ones I'll use when ctb because I'm not interested in leaving a messed-up body behind lol)
Be careful with CO mate, you can read my experience with this in some of my previous posts.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Do you know what model?
Not off the top of my head. However I found this:

Since 1993, car manufacturers have had to comply with a series of European emissions standards that set maximum limits for harmful substances emitted by new cars.

I'm in the UK so I reckon anything before '93 would have pretty terrible emissions. Any old car would, even newer ones.

ALL cars that need fuel will have emissions, I would even say a newer car would kill you. I can almost guarantee that the car he picked was not that old. Probably early late 90's-2000's.

Plenty of people have CTB using newer cars.

• Love
Reactions: Nitup and Wrennie
S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
I did think about renting a garage on Craigslist and then renting a classic car on Turo. I almost settled on a 69 Porsche.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I did think about renting a garage on Craigslist and then renting a classic car on Turo. I almost settled on a 69 Porsche.
That's a great idea! I'd just feel bad if me dying in the car compromised its worth... lol idk if they'd get any new renters if people found out that there'd been a corpse in the front seat.

S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
That's a great idea! I'd just feel bad though if me dying in the car compromised its worth... lol idk if they'd get any new renters if people found out that there'd been a corpse in the front seat.
That's one reason why I decided to change methods, although I did picture myself spending the day driving through the mountains in the crazy beautiful Porsche and then retiring to my garage that night.

• Love
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
That's one reason why I decided to change methods, although I did picture myself spending the day driving through the mountains in the crazy beautiful Porsche and then retiring to my garage that night.
Do you know which vintage model car is the most lethal with regard to CO2 emissions?

S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
No, they are all bad. Any car in the US before 1975.

• Love