Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It's horrible! Usually a finger or leg or arm turns black and they amputate it to try to save your life, as far as I know you don't just die right away. Some part of you gets so infected that IT dies first but you are still alive.

Reactions: Sweet Tart
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Pretty horrible.

The story of Rachel Day

Excerpt:

It was during lunch with my husband that I first knew something terrible was wrong.

I had texted Rachel that morning, but she hadn't replied.

Feeling uneasy, I rang her.

But when she answered, it was a noise I will never forget.

She was screaming uncontrollably at me, screaming in pain, screaming for me to get there.

I sped to her flat, keeping her on loudspeaker as I drove.

But when I got there, I was greeted by a terrifying sight.

Rachel was lying in bed, unable to move.
Her mouth was blue and her legs were mottled and swollen, spasming with cramp.

"Don't worry, my darling," I said, desperately trying to reassure her as she screamed in pain. "We'll get you help. You'll be okay."

But in reality, I was already too late. She was in septic shock and she was dying.

(Full story at initial link)

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart and rationaltake
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
Very, extremely painful.

Reactions: Kerrtu
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Do most people who die naturally die from sepsis?

W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
Altered mental status, very low blood pressure, fever, fast heart rate, etc, just in general feeling awful. Organ damage. Kidney's probably gonna be shocked for a few days at least. Long term consequences of reeling back from all the damage your body did to itself. In general if you're in US hospitals they do a pretty good job of recognizing sepsis and treating it asap and it's a pretty regular occurrence. You get shit load fluids and put on some strong IV antibiotics. Can't say it would be an effective and good way to CTB. Even 80-90 year old grandma's with UTI induced sepsis who was having altered mental status a day or two from being septic would come into ED and recover. So yeah. Good way to wreck up hospital bills though.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Altered mental status, very low blood pressure, fever, fast heart rate, etc, just in general feeling awful. Organ damage. Kidney's probably gonna be shocked for a few days at least. Long term consequences of reeling back from all the damage your body did to itself. In general if you're in US hospitals they do a pretty good job of recognizing sepsis and treating it asap and it's a pretty regular occurrence. You get shit load fluids and put on some strong IV antibiotics. Can't say it would be an effective and good way to CTB. Even 80-90 year old grandma's with UTI induced sepsis who was having altered mental status a day or two from being septic would come into ED and recover. So yeah. Good way to wreck up hospital bills though.
I get free healthcare. All real first world countries have it.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
U.S. is the only so called first world country that does not have universal healthcare, many 2nd and 3rd world countries now have it, including some African countries.

Reactions: bloodblacknothing and Sweet Tart
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
U.S. is the only so called first world country that does not have universal healthcare, many 2nd and 3rd world countries now have it, including some African countries.
Universal healthcare is just another tradeoff. Look at Canada, total dog shit

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I almost died from it. My appendix burst back in late 2014. I have a horrible scare. That's the way it goes. I hate my scar

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu and Sweet Tart
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
My guess is that it would feel comparable to a slow-acting poison that is shutting down different systems in the body at different rates. It can take days. I imagine there is tremendous pain in the areas of the body while they are being destroyed.

I think if one is severely septic in the hospital, coma would be induced to prevent unnecessary suffering.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I almost died from it. My appendix burst back in late 2014. I have a horrible scare. That's the way it goes. I hate my scar
What did you feel besides fear? Can the gallbladder burst?

• Aww..
Reactions: AerialBoundaries
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
It's like Darkover's cringe potty mouth existential rat shit slam poetry, but in your body! Nasty stuff