snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
You know how when ppl say that and youre expected to say it back, but i dont want to say happy new year

Last edited:
Reactions: lotus11, Final Escape, Circles and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
"Happy new year to you too". Something that plain is generally good enough. Usually people add on to it and say stuff like "hope 2020s a better year or that its better for you".

Just trying to reciprocate that joy they have of holidays, even if its plain for etiquette and mannerisms; even though i truly don't give a shit about any holiday either or find joy out of them.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola, Sensei, Circles and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
It depends a bit on the language. If your first language is English, I think the answer above is appropiate.

I don't think these formulaic greetings are any different then "How are you?", "Fine, how are you?"

Noone is expecting an actual answer. It's just a greeting.

Reactions: Skathon, Circles and BlueWidow
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
If I was out and about and somebody said this to me I would just ignore them. It's rude but I literally don't care anymore.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Brick In The Wall, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
If I was out and about and somebody said this to me I would just ignore them. It's rude but I literally don't care anymore.

I can relate to this. Holidays and celebrations are a bit empty for most I think. They just reciprocate out of reflex reaction.

It's just another day to me really. I only celebrated them for my kids really. I don't have them around to celebrate them with anymore so it's back to empty gestures again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, Sensei, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
The shortest way through is "you too", then move along. Expressing hostility toward people who aren't looking to harm me is not a way to go, grasshopper x

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Epsilon0, Final Escape and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
No I don't think so, but hopefully u will lol!

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I usually just respond by saying "Thanks, you too!" or "Thanks, same to you!" which is just a polite and nice way to express my appreciation for them. They are happy and they also wouldn't pry into my inner thoughts so that's all good (helps me when the time comes to CTB).

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
"I wish."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Skathon