rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I was speaking to somebody at the Samaritans and I said I'm ready to go I'm 64. Guess what they replied??? 64 is quite young!!???

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Un-, ojinzo, broken_songbird and 13 others
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Any excuse is good not to die 🤣

//

Qualsevol excusa es bona per no morir-se 🤣

• Yay!
Reactions: Shivali and rationaltake
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Maybe some people see that as young because the life expectancy is so long these days. But that age does sound really old to me. Sometimes people say nonsensical things. I find it horrifying how the life expectancy is so long and I will certainly never reach old age no matter what.

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong, CTB Dream, thedaywillcome and 5 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
For some reason, I imagined you speaking with a healthy and surprisingly strong 90 year old who said, "Yer still a young whipper snapper! If I made it to 90, so can you, sonny!" That is the only way someone should have the right to tell you you're too young to die, but then again, how many people at that age really care anymore?

• Yay!
Reactions: Un-, newave3, rationaltake and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
64 is quite young... for a giant tortoise. I am a complete wreck at 41, so I can only take my hat off to you for surviving decades more.

Reactions: Un-, binturong, Skathon and 7 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I was speaking to somebody at the Samaritans and I said I'm ready to go I'm 64. Guess what they replied??? 64 is quite young!!???
Well, I'm 68 but look and feel much younger--but relentless depression is aging my brain, feel like I'm 90 mentally

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako), lofticries, newave3 and 2 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
64 is quite young... for a giant tortoise. I am a complete wreck at 41, so I can only take my hat off to you for surviving decades more.
I actually look quite good - for a giant tortoise!

7ed69a2761264be5cc5ceadbb4ae1510.jpg

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: StolenLife, Dead Ghost, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
LOL well.... it's always a question of perspective.
i get this ALL THE TIME and it's so damn annoying.

It reminds me a lot of the "when I was your age we walked to school. Uphill. Both ways."

Sigh!!!

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: freedompass, Dead Ghost, Dead Meat and 3 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

Well, how old are they - 105 years old...?

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Lost in a Dream, Dead Meat and 2 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
LOL well.... it's always a question of perspective.
i get this ALL THE TIME and it's so damn annoying.

It reminds me a lot of the "when I was your age we walked to school. Uphill. Both ways."

Sigh!!!

Four Yorkshiremen.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: KQuotientW and newave3
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
In the U.S. the non-wealthy people are expected to continue working fulltime until they are 70. From the perspective of wishing to wring some more years of labor out of you, I suppose that, yes, you are young.

• Aww..
Reactions: Un-, Dead Ghost, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
E

eternal_life

Jul 10, 2022
Life expectancy in most advanced countries is more than 80 years, so from that perspective, 64 years is still early.

Reactions: rationaltake
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Un-, Dead Ghost, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
One day maybe say people 100 year young afraid, also person maybe think Nintendo 64

Old young all just make gatekeep ctb forcs suffer , die know no old no young, Human really joke thinking

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, newave3 and rationaltake
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I have a working thesis regarding age. Age can be thought of as broken up into three phases: young, middle aged, and old. Life expectancy is actually a little less than 80 now, and has dropped a couple years because of the pandemic. But, let's say that average lifespan is about 75 years. A couple years greater or less doesn't make a difference for my point. 75 is a good number to work with since it divides by 3 easily. So, taking 75 as the average lifespan, then the period of birth to 25 should be considered as the "young phase" of life. The period from 26 to 50 would be the middle phase. And the period from 51 until 75 is the old phase of life.

I know that no one wants to hear this, but that's pretty much how it works out. If you're 54 and need to tell yourself that you're at the "younger part of the old scale", then by all means go ahead and do that if that is what you need to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and newave3
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
In the U.S. the non-wealthy people are expected to continue working fulltime until they are 70. From the perspective of wishing to wring some more years of labor out of you, I suppose that, yes, you are young.

It's like they want to wring so many years of labor and tax money out of us that we're too old to enjoy life anymore when we're finally allowed to retire. Exploitation is all it is, and it's a sad reality that most of us are only as valuable as the amount of money we earn for someone who is already wealthy.

I think that once we're legally old enough to join the military or drink a beer, we should be old enough to have access to euthanasia. If gatekeepers want to convince us that it's not our time once we've decided that it is, then they need to come up with some better arguments.

Reactions: rationaltake, Dead Ghost and newave3
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I still remember going to the doctor and being told "You're too young to have this!",... it's a very strange society we live in: too young to be sick, too young to die, too old to complain about nothing .

//

Encara m'enrecordo quan anava al metge i em deien "Ets massa jove per tenir això!",.. és una societat ben estranya la nostra: massa jove per estar malalt, massa jove per morir, massa gran per queixar-se de res.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3 and rationaltake
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
They can say what they want all of those empty BS sayings and trite comments.
Yet none of them can KNOW how WE feel! None of them can know what hell each of us inhabits. Yet those fools insist we should live, then try to give you made up reasons why we should.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, newave3, Dead Ghost and 1 other person