N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe I am a little bit late to talk about it.
It is kind of weird the person who killed him was a former soldier. Abe did so much to improve Japanese military. It is kind of ironic. His party might even have "profited" by this event and got more votes due to a solidarity. Maybe his dream to reform the pacifistic constitution will soon become true.

Abe was right-wing. A conservative. I dont know many details about it. But I think the political party system in Japan is full of nepotism.
The murderer wanted to take revenge because Abe was close to a certain cult. Seemingly many political parties have strong ties to cults in Japan. FIrst the man wanted to kill the cult leader/or his wife. But it was impossible. So he took Abe as the new target. I think Abe congratulated the cult some time ago. The sect destroyed the life of the man because his mom gave all their money to the cult.

When I and my best friends heard of it on the news we had one similar thought. Probably many people in the US will take this incident as example why gun regulation is counterproductive. Though it is true that gun deaths are extremely low probably because the strict law. But this might should not be the main point of this thread. Otherwise I would have placed it in the politics forum.

I was shocked when I first heard about in the news. It is surreal that the head of a government gets killed in such a modern, civilized country.