• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
Would you let it happen or stop your child from committing suicide?

Reactions: Paloma, VincentValentine, scales and 6 others
Sickofit

Sickofit

Student
Nov 2, 2018
Id be devasted. Beyond that. Id feel responsible and do whatever i can in my will to try aid them. I would be sad for days and feel as if i failed as a parent. My pride and joy would be gone and i would sacrifice anything at whatever expence.

P.S. Take note dad, the main reason i want to die is you.

Reactions: your pathologist, Paloma, Armadillo and 8 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I'd never impose sentience on someone. But if I did and they were underage I guess I'd have to be responsibie for keeping them alive until they were 18. Then I wouldn't stop them.

Reactions: your pathologist, Inevitable, About_to_Go and 12 others
Sickofit

Sickofit

Student
Nov 2, 2018
I'd never impose sentience on someone. But if I did and they were underage I guess I'd have to be responsibie for keeping them alive until they were 18. Then I wouldn't stop them.
Would you feel responsible at all?

Reactions: Paloma, scales, Yuffe and 3 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Would you feel responsible at all?
Of course. I'd feel responsible knowing that because I imposed life on them, they have to suffer.

Reactions: Inevitable, About_to_Go, ignominia and 8 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
They might not if you raised them properly. Sounds like a burn and you don't even have kids!

Reactions: Deafsn0w, BaconCheeseburger, scales and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I think every decent parent would be devasted. Sons and daughters should never let their parents know about it until the deed is done.

My parents did their best. It's not their fault I was born this way, and that the world sucks so much. They'll think it's their fault anyway.

Reactions: Paloma, Deafsn0w, lv-gras and 7 others
Angel2018

Angel2018

Sep 20, 2018
Okay, maybe this sounds cold hearted, but I would never force my child to live on if it doesn't want to. Sure, I would do anything to help my child but if he/she really wants to die and has good reasons to end his/her life I wouldn't stop him/her. I mean, if my child would just suffer all the time and I can't do anything to help him/her it would be pretty selfish of me to stop my child from ctb. BUT I would stick with my child till the end. He/She wouldn't have to die alone, I would stay by his/her side.
What do you guys think about that?

PS: Yeah, my english's horrible. Yep, I'm from germany -.-

Reactions: N-IsMyHope, Deafsn0w, About_to_Go and 7 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Okay, maybe this sounds cold hearted, but I would never force my child to live on if it doesn't want to. Sure, I would do anything to help my child but if he/she really wants to die and has good reasons to end his/her life I wouldn't stop him/her. I mean, if my child would just suffer all the time and I can't do anything to help him/her it would be pretty selfish of me to stop my child from ctb. BUT I would stick with my child till the end. He/She wouldn't have to die alone, I would stay by his/her side.

Your English is perfect. And I think what you wrote sounds reasonable.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018

Do you have children?

What you wrote would be the rational thing to do, but parental love is very hard to subvert, even harder than the survival instinct. That doesn't apply to terminally ill children, of course, that's different. But a healthy son/daughter who just wants to ctb? That would be exceptionally rare.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, About_to_Go, Trashcan and 2 others
scales

scales

Resident Slime
Oct 18, 2018
This is a very good question... I would do whatever it takes to make sure they can't be treated or live before letting them make the decision to ctb. I would take them to psychiatrists, therapists, etc. make sure there is no underlying problem, that they have tried sufficient things first.

I would ask them why they want to ctb and try to address those issues. I think 90% of suicides among the physically healthy and young are preventable given proper measures. If we try everything and still fail, well... it's going to be hard to let go.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, About_to_Go and Made4TV
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The older I get, the more I see life as selfish. In the case of a minor catching the bus, I feel like it's not so much about a kid's life being valuable as much as it is a wasted investment of time/emotion/money for the parents. And of course, having someone who looks like them so they can live vicariously through them is probably very enjoyable, and cutting that short would be devastating. I mean, we so often think of parental love as being pure and completely altruistic but I keep seeing evidence to the contrary. I don't know, maybe I'm just messed up. Either way, I can't really speculate as to what I'd do. I'd feel hypocritical for telling my child to keep living, and like a terrible parent if I advocate ctb. It's kind of a no-win situation.

Reactions: pushka, Deafsn0w, About_to_Go and 2 others
Angel2018

Angel2018

Sep 20, 2018
Do you have children?

What you wrote would be the rational thing to do, but parental love is very hard to subvert, even harder than the survival instinct. That doesn't apply to terminally ill children, of course, that's different. But a healthy son/daughter who just wants to ctb? That would be exceptionally rare.

No, I don't have children^^"
The thing is that I really wanna ctb and I wouldn't want to be stopped when I'm about to commit suicide. So who am I to tell other people (including my child) to live on? As I said, I would do anything to help my child but in the end it's his/her decision whether or not to ctb.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, About_to_Go and scales
Terminally drunk

Terminally drunk

Student
Aug 29, 2018
you'd obviously not want it to happen. from a broader spectrum if i had kids an with mental illness running rampant within the tree i would not be surprised.

Reactions: Singing In The Rain and Deafsn0w
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I'm going to break rank here.

If I have children and they are suicidal, I am going to do what I can to keep them alive, regardless of age. I will work tirelessly to prevent them from feeling as I do. I support the choice of others, but unless my child is terminally ill, severely mentally ill, or deformed/delimbed as the result of an accident, I will use all of my resources to keep them alive and to give them a fighting chance.

I have an understanding of where the healthcare system works and where it doesn't, and I am going to do everything in power to keep them out of the broken part of the healthcare system and ensure that they are getting the proper and necessary treatment and care they need.

Reactions: lv-gras, Deafsn0w, BaconCheeseburger and 1 other person
T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
I'd be beyond crushed. But I'd never have kids anyway

Reactions: Schopenhauer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Paloma and 4 others
IchIsGone

IchIsGone

Nov 2, 2018
I have no kids but I'd understand and I'd blame myself for it. As cliche as it sounds; like what if there was something I could do to prevent it, you know?

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
This is too hard for me.

I know i'm someone's kid and they don't want me to die

But, for some reason when you turn it around i guess i agree with my parents.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Paloma
Paloma

Paloma

Suicide doesn't kill people. Sadness kills them.
Nov 3, 2018
I'd do anything in my power to protect them and share their suffering with them. I'd listen to them everytime they'd want me to listen. Most of all tell them how much I love them every single day, every single time.

But I'm never having kids because I'm most likely leaving this world soon. I wanted to have a family. But I suppose that was too much to ask. My problems are too much, my illnesses too much.

Reactions: lv-gras, Schopenhauer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others