Pathetic and Sad

Pathetic and Sad

Just going through life's motions
May 21, 2024
As someone who has been just going through the life's motions for few years now, I understand the pain of being clinically depressed. If someone close to me, say like my sibling, partner or best friend were going through this, I would try my best to help them find any non-lethal way out of this. But if they have had already made their minds about making the ultimate escape I would like to assist them to go through it in the least physically and emotionally distressing way possible while trying my best to not incriminate myself. Introducing them to this site would probably be one the first thing I would do, I just came here yesterday and more than half of the things I know about suicide and suicidal methods are the ones I just learnt yesterday.

What would you guys do in this position?

Last edited:
Reactions: fleetingnight, set0553 and iloverachel
T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I would tell them that there is no need to participate in anything that causes stress or tension.
And also that you don't lack achievements, because in that condition, the fact that you have managed to live this long is already an achievement.

• Love
Reactions: Fantasy22, fleetingnight, Pathetic and Sad and 1 other person
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I have a good friend who I in my situation kind of, but for different reasons to me
They have exhausted all options to get better for many many years with no hope
So I will respect his decision and enjoy my final moments with him

Reactions: Pathetic and Sad and locked*n*loaded
set0553

set0553

самоубийство
May 16, 2024
I'd actually do the exact thing, word for word honestly.. I wouldn't try to talk them out of it, but offer my full support in their decision. Sometimes things happen, be it a wasting away disease, like cancer, or severe trauma, such as from some sort of abuse, that makes life unbearable of impossible to keep going. I'd let them know I love them and support them, and certainly not judge them in that decision. When my dog (who was my absolute best friend in the world) was sick at age 6 from a blood disorder, I had only 2 options.. let her live another maybe a week, which would have been painful and miserable for her, or euthanize, which was what was best for her.. id've given anything for a little more time with her, but it would have been the wrong decision in this case, so while she was the only true happiness in my whole life, I had to say goodbye, and let go, for her sake.. its hardest to let loved ones leave, but often what is best.. sometimes making them stay is the worst decision..

Reactions: Pathetic and Sad
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Partner with them duh.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Pathetic and Sad
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I hate that I don't know what to say, I do my best to just listen so they can get it off their chest, and tell them that they can vent to me if they need to

Reactions: Pathetic and Sad