F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Is there anything in life that still interests you? Is there any place you'd want to visit or sport/ hobby you'd want to try? What is it that stops you? Money? Circumstances?

For me, I reckon I'd like to do Urbex (Urban Exploration of abandoned buildings.) I enjoy watching it on YouTube. I've only visited a couple of places officially- either on a guided tour, or because we had permission to work in an abandoned building. I'm too square to trespass though! Too unfit to climb over fences etc. Too clumsy and scared that I'd injure myself falling down a lift shaft or something! Plus, since covid, I've become even more unadventurous- I barely leave the house- except for work.

Maybe there's something inherently negative about being interested in abandoned places! I suppose they are buildings that have died in a way!

Anyhow- what are your unrequited interests?

• Love
Reactions: Brown-Jacket Revy, theslasher, Lostandlooking and 7 others
N

not a person

Jul 19, 2023
I wanted to become a dancer but I can't because of the money and above all because of my unsuitable physique

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Rocinante, S like suicide and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wanted to become a dancer but I can't because of the money and above all because of my unsuitable physique

I'm sorry. Yes- I expect the parameters for dancers are really harsh. Do you dance at all now? Even in exercise classes? My Mum used to do that for a while. Guess it's not the same really. I'm amazed by people who can dance or play instruments. I enjoy music but seem to have no sense of rhythm/ coordination!

Reactions: Rocinante
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I rly would like to work in some workshop, where you repair like computers and stuff and back in the days I had a job while attending school, where I repaired PC's, Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets and sometimes even some smaller devices like GPS units. However, nowadays I only would like to repair computers because it's not like you can just remove a back cover of a Tablet or Smartphone and replace the display by removing 8 screws or get to the motherboard to replace the charging port. I tried to repair many devices and recently I picked up a S20+ and S20 Ultra for watching movies etc. and I had to replace the display on one and replace battery on other. It was just a huge pain in the ass. If someone would come to me with a Galaxy A or J-Series phone, I would most likely damage the display or if I would replace the display, I would not be able to fit it back together.
On iPhones you have to keep track of many screws because if you put the long screw into a hole where a small screw was, you basically damage the motherboard.

Sure, there are many workshops which repair computers in my area but they pay too low. Going into a company which gets contracts from customers is also rly annoying since their degree requirements are a joke. It's like requiring people to have a collage degree to be able to work at McDonalds or Subway.

Also, I also wanted to do that urbex thing but since one of my suicide attempts with the motorcycle, I cant do stuff like squatting or climbing high since one of my legs is limited when it comes to bending the knee. I often watch videos on a YT channel called Shiey (Illegal Freedom) and to be honest, if I would have the money and the ability to get away with all that bs without being prosecuted or sued, I would just hop on some random train, travel all the way to Bulgaria, where I would visit a friend who works as a sea officer/police there and just spend there some time, visit some lost places, travel to Romania and do the same shit there and just enjoy my life, since life is short. It's just too short to just work all the time, obey your boss like a little puppy, retire and live like 3-8 years of that retirement money you get.
But I try to enjoy my life as it is, buy some cars to mess around with them, recently I managed to buy a Audi RS6 Avant (the old 2003 one) for 400$ and I'll definitely try to have a lot of fun with it but I'll have to restore the interior with some parts from the junk yard since it's just in a very bad shape. I can say that I used cars for the last 2y as a distraction from ending myself and to not SH anymore. So far it worked great and it's a great waste of time when you repair stuff on them or just do a full maintenance like changing the air filter, oil filter, oil change on manual/flush on automatic transmissions, change the engine oil, fuel filter and brake pads. I can waste like 5 hours working on a car and today in then in the morning, at 2am, I was doing a alternator belt change and AC compressor repair on my friend's 2010 Mercedes Benz C-Class. I was working on it till 7am and learned many things about the complexity of the engine in that C220 model

• Love
Reactions: Zegers, theslasher, Rocinante and 1 other person
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I'm not sure if I want anything anymore...but I had so many beautiful dreams that were keeping me alive, good things.
But I've lost that light, the light of hope that makes you get up and try, I'm back in the dark.
Sorry, I know this wasn't the answer you asked for.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante and Forever Sleep
platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I want to become a doctor. But like, a real doctor, not the type that is run by insurance companies and big pharma. One who actually heals. Yet it seems nearly impossible for someone like me, it requires extreme amounts of effort, and I'd be in so much debt if I even got into med school. I'm also sick like all the time so.. that wouldn't work. But if I can deal with my sickness one day and if I could become more disciplined to study there might be hope, but then I'd still have to deal with those damn corporations and their greed

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: natthebrat, Rocinante, carac and 1 other person
Jormungandr on Coke

Jormungandr on Coke

Jul 19, 2023
I want to work with exotic animals

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I want to work with exotic animals

I hope you get your wish. Have you thought about volunteering at a zoo or animal shelter?

Jormungandr on Coke

Jormungandr on Coke

Jul 19, 2023
I hope you get your wish. Have you thought about volunteering at a zoo or animal shelter?
As stupid as it may sound, I hadn't thought about that.
But yeah sure why not, thanks for your kind words

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
As stupid as it may sound, I hadn't thought about that.
But yeah sure why not, thanks for your kind words

No worries. Just depends on what's in your area but these places are often expensive to run- so they often rely on volunteers. Plus- if you want to end up working with animals- it's going to look good to have some work experience. Good luck!

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Traveling the world!

• Hugs
Reactions: theslasher, Rocinante and Forever Sleep
Jormungandr on Coke

Jormungandr on Coke

Jul 19, 2023
No worries. Just depends on what's in your area but these places are often expensive to run- so they often rely on volunteers. Plus- if you want to end up working with animals- it's going to look good to have some work experience. Good luck!
Thank you and I dont want to sound corny, but what you wrote put a genuine smile on my face

• Love
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
When I used to have dreams and wants there was quite a bit. Now I think I'd take the money and go to Switzerland. To get the medical help to end it assuredly and peacefully.

• Hugs
sp4rk

sp4rk

i am gamer >:3
Aug 9, 2023
become a video game developer or a dancer like my grandmother. If none of those worked even with the energy, money and ability, as lame as it sounds I may just get a lavish home and spend my life there.

• Hugs
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Is there anything in life that still interests you? Is there any place you'd want to visit or sport/ hobby you'd want to try? What is it that stops you? Money? Circumstances?
if I had the money for one, I'd like to have my own home on the East coast near the ocean. Preferably in a place like Brooklyn, New York.
Would like to be able to attend more concerts, festivals, live events and the sorts.
Traveling has always been interesting but out of reach due to money constraints.
Combat sports is another thing but there's no gyms near me.
For me, I reckon I'd like to do Urbex (Urban Exploration of abandoned buildings.) I enjoy watching it on YouTube. I've only visited a couple of places officially- either on a guided tour, or because we had permission to work in an abandoned building. I'm too square to trespass though! Too unfit to climb over fences etc. Too clumsy and scared that I'd injure myself falling down a lift shaft or something! Plus, since covid, I've become even more unadventurous- I barely leave the house- except for work.

Maybe there's something inherently negative about being interested in abandoned places! I suppose they are buildings that have died in a way!
It's a fun hobby, I've done it a few times in the past. But there's not much abandoned places near me(all but one I visited is gone), maybe if I was in a city like Cleveland since they seem to have a decent sized group that discuss and explore the abandoned buildings there.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I would like to find a loving girlfriend and live our lives together.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
I used to explore abandoned places with my friends in college (before we all dropped out or transferred lol) but damn it was so fun. Nowadays I'm stuck inside, but we used to talk about exploring abandoned mental asylums and "haunted" houses just for fun. My old friend was very spiritual and I do not believe in ghosts at all so it'd be an interesting dynamic. Also just climbing things, I used to climb a water tower all the time and could see all the stars in the sky, with the horizon of the mountains barely visible and an ocean of city lights just below.. it was beautiful. In general, I just love adventure, I love exploring the unknown.
I want to become a doctor. But like, a real doctor, not the type that is run by insurance companies and big pharma. One who actually heals. Yet it seems nearly impossible for someone like me, it requires extreme amounts of effort, and I'd be in so much debt if I even got into med school. I'm also sick like all the time so.. that wouldn't work. But if I can deal with my sickness one day and if I could become more disciplined to study there might be hope, but then I'd still have to deal with those damn corporations and their greed
I completely agree with the greediness of doctors these days. They just want to keep people reliant on medicine for the rest of their lives. It's unethical.

I know that when people get 8 hours of sleep, are able to moderate their stress levels, moderate their weight, stay hydrated, and exercise daily, just doing those 5 things alone can prevent many things from happening altogether. Maybe instead of becoming a doctor you can become someone who can help others in one of those domains🤔

idk just a thought
I rly would like to work in some workshop, where you repair like computers and stuff and back in the days I had a job while attending school, where I repaired PC's, Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets and sometimes even some smaller devices like GPS units. However, nowadays I only would like to repair computers because it's not like you can just remove a back cover of a Tablet or Smartphone and replace the display by removing 8 screws or get to the motherboard to replace the charging port. I tried to repair many devices and recently I picked up a S20+ and S20 Ultra for watching movies etc. and I had to replace the display on one and replace battery on other. It was just a huge pain in the ass. If someone would come to me with a Galaxy A or J-Series phone, I would most likely damage the display or if I would replace the display, I would not be able to fit it back together.
On iPhones you have to keep track of many screws because if you put the long screw into a hole where a small screw was, you basically damage the motherboard.

Sure, there are many workshops which repair computers in my area but they pay too low. Going into a company which gets contracts from customers is also rly annoying since their degree requirements are a joke. It's like requiring people to have a collage degree to be able to work at McDonalds or Subway.

Also, I also wanted to do that urbex thing but since one of my suicide attempts with the motorcycle, I cant do stuff like squatting or climbing high since one of my legs is limited when it comes to bending the knee. I often watch videos on a YT channel called Shiey (Illegal Freedom) and to be honest, if I would have the money and the ability to get away with all that bs without being prosecuted or sued, I would just hop on some random train, travel all the way to Bulgaria, where I would visit a friend who works as a sea officer/police there and just spend there some time, visit some lost places, travel to Romania and do the same shit there and just enjoy my life, since life is short. It's just too short to just work all the time, obey your boss like a little puppy, retire and live like 3-8 years of that retirement money you get.
But I try to enjoy my life as it is, buy some cars to mess around with them, recently I managed to buy a Audi RS6 Avant (the old 2003 one) for 400$ and I'll definitely try to have a lot of fun with it but I'll have to restore the interior with some parts from the junk yard since it's just in a very bad shape. I can say that I used cars for the last 2y as a distraction from ending myself and to not SH anymore. So far it worked great and it's a great waste of time when you repair stuff on them or just do a full maintenance like changing the air filter, oil filter, oil change on manual/flush on automatic transmissions, change the engine oil, fuel filter and brake pads. I can waste like 5 hours working on a car and today in then in the morning, at 2am, I was doing a alternator belt change and AC compressor repair on my friend's 2010 Mercedes Benz C-Class. I was working on it till 7am and learned many things about the complexity of the engine in that C220 model
Someone I met used to flip motorcycles on facebook marketplace for a profit. He said all he did was take better pictures. But with your mechanical skills you could probably make even more money than he did by flipping things like this.

Last edited:
  • Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I used to explore abandoned places with my friends in college (before we all dropped out or transferred lol) but damn it was so fun. Nowadays I'm stuck inside, but we used to talk about exploring abandoned mental asylums and "haunted" houses just for fun. My old friend was very spiritual and I do not believe in ghosts at all so it'd be an interesting dynamic. Also just climbing things, I used to climb a water tower all the time and could see all the stars in the sky, with the horizon of the mountains barely visible and an ocean of city lights just below.. it was beautiful. In general, I just love adventure, I love exploring the unknown.

I completely agree with the greediness of doctors these days. They just want to keep people reliant on medicine for the rest of their lives. It's unethical.

I know that when people get 8 hours of sleep, are able to moderate their stress levels, moderate their weight, stay hydrated, and exercise daily, just doing those 5 things alone can prevent many things from happening altogether. Maybe instead of becoming a doctor you can become someone who can help others in one of those domains🤔

idk just a thought

Someone I met used to flip motorcycles on facebook marketplace for a profit. He said all he did was take better pictures. But with your mechanical skills you could probably make even more money than he did by flipping things like this.

Wow, that sounds awesome! Do you watch urbex videos? Some of the places people get to is incredible- and massively risky of course. I get nervous just watching them! But then- I have to remind myself that they must have made it out alive because they uploaded it! Lol. I've even seen people access places through the sewers. There was this one video where there are all these slimy icicles hanging from the ceiling- formed from bacteria or something. Aparently, they call them shitsicles! Lol. Although, when I Googled it, it came up with something perverse.

You were so brave climbing that water tower. It must have been incredible though. I don't have the fitness or courage for all that! Water towers fascinate me though. I find them a bit creepy in a way.

• Yay!
Reactions: theslasher
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I used to watch this channel about urban exploring a few years ago (the current/new content doesn't look to appealing so I would sort by oldest to get the interesting or good stuff)

and I found this forum/website a few weeks ago that discusses the topic (doesn't seem too active but it is just a little bit)

to answer the title I would like to live off the grid in a small cabin or cottage in a nice place in the woods and enjoy a lot of my interests and hobbies especially gardening and painting

or

I would move to a small quiet town and start my own cafe that is also a store at the store I would sell various music, books, and movies probably

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Rocinante
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023

Anyhow- what are your unrequited interests?
If I had someone to go with, I would do Urbex!

If I had money (in the millions), I would do whatever I wanted. Maybe even start a small farm.

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and Forever Sleep
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Travel and some sports like parkour, surf.

• Hugs
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Wow, that sounds awesome! Do you watch urbex videos? Some of the places people get to is incredible- and massively risky of course. I get nervous just watching them! But then- I have to remind myself that they must have made it out alive because they uploaded it! Lol. I've even seen people access places through the sewers. There was this one video where there are all these slimy icicles hanging from the ceiling- formed from bacteria or something. Aparently, they call them shitsicles! Lol. Although, when I Googled it, it came up with something perverse.

You were so brave climbing that water tower. It must have been incredible though. I don't have the fitness or courage for all that! Water towers fascinate me though. I find them a bit creepy in a way.
Yes, I've watched quite a few urbex videos on youtube and instagram reels. I also used to watch storror on youtube as a kid where they do parkour and get to the top of skyscrapers, then they run from the security. I never did anything that extreme, the water tower I climbed was maybe 60 feet high. Went there multiple times. Although, you did have to climb over barbed wire to get the the ladder, then the ladder has a cover on the bottom so you have to use all upper body strength to pull yourself up till you get to the normal ladder. One time, we left the tower and on the way out of the trail there were cops waiting there in the parking lot. Next thing I know everyone splits up and runs in different directions. One guy climbed a tree, 2 guys jumped down this hill which was practically a cliff, me and 2 other guys ran back up the trail, and another guy ran all the way to the other side of the college campus. Good times lol. We also explored abandoned factories and houses. Something about it is so... liminal. I love it.

• Yay!
byebyemadworld

byebyemadworld

Aug 17, 2023
Bungee jumping, but I'm scared of heights.

• Hugs
Nakiya

Nakiya

Please be patient, I can't understand easily
Aug 17, 2023
Oh if I had the energy to do anything I would be unstoppable. I may not be as smart but I have a burning spirit. I can make so many things and learn whatever I want. The reason why I'm not able to do it now because I'm effectively homeless and I can't draw or use a computer. Even though I quit my job fairly recently, previously I was working a 15 hour job just so I can get food to eat and a place to stay. Im not as blessed and I don't have parents that can care for me and pay for my education.

• Aww..