RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Hi, so i'm not entirely sure what's wrong with me or why i do this. Maybe someone here can share light on my behavior, maybe i'm answering my own question.

Basically i'm extremely secretive with my father and even my friends. I don't share any information with my father. I don't tell him what i'm doing, how much money i have, what achievements or progress I've made in life. I hate when he talks to anyone about me, even if he is praising me, it actually makes me super depressed. I don't tell him where i'm going if i plan a trip, i don't tell him what I buy. Even if i'm gyming in my room, i'll stop immediately so he doesn't see me gym. If he finds out that i buy something and he's curious i'll just tell him not to worry. I also never let my friends know what i'm doing. I block all of them on social media (friends and family) i rather remain a ghost/unknown to all of them. I basically don't want anyone close to me to know anything about me...it's odd. I'm not even shy...just shut off.

I struggle with this and don't know what this type of behavior is. I'm extremely open with strangers and I will gladly share any information with them. I'll tell them what i do, where i go etc but with close friends/family i'm extremely shut off. I also prefer talking to strangers and making temporary connections with other human-beings that i will never see again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, LogicalConclusion, Donewith_ and 1 other person
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
A question of trust, maybe? It is easier to trust strangers than friends and relatives.

Reactions: irregularheartbeat, Beautifulletdown and RedPanda
P

Prideathwish

Student
Mar 17, 2019
I wish I had that . Strangers won't hurt you

Reactions: RedPanda
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
A question of trust, maybe? It is easier to trust strangers than friends and relatives.
Hmmm, i'm not sure if it's trust. I don't have trust issues, i'm just really shut off with family/friends. Something is really fvcked up in my brain. It seems really odd and I've been like this for years. I'm even at the point where i purposely want to be viewed as the ultimate failure to my friends and family.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Hmmm, i'm not sure if it's trust. I don't have trust issues, i'm just really shut off with family/friends. Something is really fvcked up in my brain. It seems really odd and I've been like this for years. I'm even at the point where i purposely want to be viewed as the ultimate failure to my friends and family.
Guilt, maybe?

H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
Have you always preferred to do things on your own rather than with others? Do you find making small talk difficult? Do you have solo interests? Would you consider yourself a moral person?

Reactions: RedPanda and Baskol1
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
Guilt, maybe?

No guilt, no trust issues, none of that. I'm just shut off. I'm an only child and I've always been alone and had to entertain myself. Maybe this has somehow influenced my behavior.

JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Odd is that you are okay with strangers. So it is not a social disorder either.

Reactions: Baskol1 and RedPanda
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
Have you always preferred to do things on your own rather than with others? Do you find making small talk difficult? Do you have solo interests? Would you consider yourself a moral person?
Yes 100% i ALWAYS love to do everything on my own. I've been riding solo for years and prefer to go everywhere on my own, its more freeing and enjoyable. I can make small talk with anyone, i'm actually a very chatty person and love to talk to strangers and make temporary friends. I have a lot of solo interests, travel being the main one is something i prefer to always do solo. I'm somewhat moral, i know what is right and wrong but don't always do the right things in life. I participate in both legal and illegal activities.

H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
I was wondering if you have high functioning autism. You can take online tests that should confirm or deny this.

Reactions: RedPanda
RedPanda

RedPanda

Jul 16, 2019
I was wondering if you have high functioning autism. You can take online tests that should confirm or deny this.

Hmm, you never know, i'll take a test, will try to google and find one.
Hmmm, according to this online test i'm not autistic.

2019 08 26 20 38 26 Start
Also to add, i feel like being secretive has truly become a part of me. I just feel like what i do, where i go doesn't really matter that much to family and friends, they shouldn't even care about what i'm doing, why does it matter? If you're stranger i'll gladly talk about myself.

Last edited:
J

Juicebox

Trying to Stay Alive
Jul 31, 2019
Something might've happened that you don't remember. I was this way with family for a long time, no matter how supportive they were, but I also had (and still have) large gaps in memory from childhood

One day I took a certain drug and all the memories came back, and I remembered why I didn't like talking to any of them. Most of the memories faded as soon as the drug wore off, but I "remember remembering them" if that makes any sense, and they weren't good

H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
Is it a possible attachment disorder then?

WhyWasIBorn

WhyWasIBorn

I didn't ask to be here... so why can't I leave?
Jan 18, 2019
I feel the same. For me it's disassociating from everyone and it turns into a habit.