N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Imagine every thread would be replaced by one self-help group in real life. We would meet each other and could look in the eyes of each other.
I think this could ruin the experience of this forum. The help you can get from it.
I think the anonymity is a huge benefit. We talk about a lot of stigmatized topics. Many people would not feel comfortable to open up in real life. Some have social anxieties or are socially awkward like me.

On the other hand closer relationships could begin which can also be a disadvantage in a suicide forum. You could not ignore people you dislike or avoid topics which are triggering for you. The animosities could increase. In such a huge group there would always be arguments.
However it would be interesting to communicate with so many people from all over the world in real life. There would be a lot of different accents.

For me personally I am glad it is online. I have more self-esteem when I am online communicating. I have less anxieties how people think about me. In real life I am extremely obsessed. On SS I feel more comfortable to share my thoughts.

Reactions: walt, ameliacecelia and WrongPlaceWrongTime

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Having everything online is more comforting, to be honest. The fact that no one knows who we are? The fact (almost) no one judges each other for the reasons we want to CTB? The fact we can actually relate to each other wanting to CTB so we won't get the usual sphiel about having so much to live for? It's just so nice to be here. Which is pretty weird to say for a literal suicide forum.

Reactions: rationaltake, deleted and WrongPlaceWrongTime
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
wrestling brawl GIF by WWE
wrestling brawl GIF by WWE

• Yay!
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Meretlein, KimKevorkian and 11 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
SS would collapse if we found out that we don't look like our avatars in real life (I would be devastated if @Dr Iron Arc wasn't actually an egg, @motel rooms wasn't really a bearded chad, if @DeutscheKartoffel wasn't really a potato, etc.)

Jokes aside, if we were to hypothetically meet, we might end up tearing each other apart for our differences. On SS, nobody judges each other over such stupid shit, and we can think more about relating to each other instead. This is why many suffering people can find comfort in connecting to others who are also suffering.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Foresight, Eternally Dottie and 7 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
SS would collapse if we found out that we don't look like our avatars in real life (I would be devastated if @Dr Iron Arc wasn't actually an egg, @motel rooms wasn't really a bearded chad, if @DeutscheKartoffel wasn't really a potato, etc.)

:haha:

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Words on a screen are very different to in person interaction. It's easier to edit yourself when you have the ability to spend hours rereading your post before submitting it. Also, people do judge others by their external features, even subconsciously. Online this is avoided due to the disembodiment of the poster from their statement. However, in person is real-time, so that would be more comparable to the chat room than the forum itself.

Also, you can't hug people through a screen.

Reactions: Meretlein, Foresight, KimKevorkian and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
SS has their own cliques and groups of people whom they stick by. Some of these groups dislike each other. A meet up would be akin to the Squid Game, except we all lose in the first round.

• Yay!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, nolongerhuman, katagiri83 and 1 other person
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
I think some folks would fight.

But seriously, there is no real emotion in short text messages. There is a lot to body language. When I have to grill an employee I want to do it face to face. Speaking on the phone is not go enough. If I can look them in their eyes, I can tell if they are lying.

Silenos

Silenos

VĢøĢ„Ģ£OĢ¶Ķ‚Ģ£IĢ¶Ģ‰Ķ‰DĢ“ĶĢž Ģ“ĢĢ²AĢ·Ģ¾ĶœWĢ·Ķ’ĢŖAĢµĢ„ĢÆIĢµĢ…ĶTĢµĢ›Ķ”SĢ·Ķ›Ģ—
Jul 25, 2020
Idk about everyone else but I always smile like this.

Silenosonesie

• Wow
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay, WadeingThru, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I'd be one of the shy misfits too quiet to say anything and just listen to those who are talking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
That would be grand, biggest than Tomorrowland festival!!!!

Reactions: noname223
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

ęƒ³ę­»äøčƒ½ - ęƒ³ę“»äøčƒ½
Nov 23, 2020
I am going to meet some of my dear based pals from here at some point, though unfortunately I am not a smooth talking anime girl irl so I fear they will be severely disappointed.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and PreussenBlueJay
K

KimKevorkian

Experienced
Feb 23, 2022
Perhaps meet by the spring whence N flows eternal and honey coats wagging tongues?
Perhaps meet by the spring whence N flows eternal and honey coats wagging tongues?
I like your moniker, Lewinski. "Hindsight is 20/20." It says the same on my Bernie button:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
There's no way we could share our deepest thoughts with our full self on display. I'm not against meeting online friends though. I'm no stranger to when that doesn't work out though. I've met two people where it didn't vibe right in person for either of us. I started the greatest relationship of my life in this manner though so I still have a bias in favor of it. There's a strange magic to starting the story with the deepest depths of your pain and going out towards a fulfilling, light bond. My husband met his long time best friend on a social anxiety forum. We moved him out and he lives in our attic apartment now. The connections are either "ruined" or enhanced.

I remember years ago around the time I met my husband we were in another chat room with this woman from Kentucky and a man from Ireland. She moved him out to Kentucky and married him. It was an absolute disaster. He left her and ran off to Las Vegas. It was wild to watch it all unfold in the chat.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, PreussenBlueJay and noname223
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I don't think we would be as open about our struggles. We talk about very stigmatized topics and reveal deeply personal things about ourselves, it is hard to do that without anonymity.

• Love
Reactions: Symbiote, Foresight, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I am going to meet some of my dear based pals from here at some point, though unfortunately I am not a smooth talking anime girl irl so I fear they will be severely disappointed.
Friendship is what matters, be yourself
I would like to be lieutenant butter, haha

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight