Villager_37

Villager_37

Sep 21, 2023
This is ridiculous, and I know, this method is basically my last resort if SI or myself block me too many times. And it's not very practical, because I will need a visa to even go to a country that allows gun sales.
I just want to know: will there be a mental check before you can enter a gun shop or shooting range? And has it been done before? What happened to the store owner(s)? Will they be facing legal issues? Bc I really don't want to trouble someone who has literally nothing to do with me. And my government is a dictatorship asshole; if they get their hands on this information, they will use it as propaganda.
I searched a bit but can't find any reports or news that have follow-ups and in-depth discussions. If you have this kind of information, you can share it, or not. It's really not a big deal because, as I said, this is a last resort thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: etherealspring, davidtorez and avoid
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
This is ridiculous and I know, this method is basically my last resort if SI or myself blocked me too much times. And it's not very practical, bc i will need a VISA to even go to a country that allows gun selling.
I just want to know that, will there be a mental check before you can enter a gun shop or shooting range? And has it been done before? What happened to the (store) owner(s) Will they be facing legal issues? Bc I really don't wanna trouble someone that have literally nothing to do with me. And my government is a dictatorship asshole, if they got hands on this information, they will use this as propaganda.
I searched a bit but can't find any reports or news that have follow ups and in depth discussions, if you have this kind of info, you can share it, or not, it's really not a big deal bc as I said this is a last resort thing.
From my limited knowledge that's constrained to the US- it might end up being difficult. Some ranges won't rent to single customers due to the concern; others keep watch for signs of suicidality. Most ranges at least have a guy on duty overseeing and making sure nobody does anything stupid, so unless you act very fast you might even get tackled by a wannabe rescuer.

• Informative
Reactions: davidtorez and Villager_37
qw3rty259

qw3rty259

CTB by a ticket soon
Jun 19, 2023
It's a bad plan. I'm too lazy to explain the obvious though.

Last edited:
Reactions: dopaminedeath
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Seen two videos of this happening and the instructor tried to grab the gun off them but was too late.

D

dolemitedrums

Student
Jun 12, 2024
Well for one somebody will have to clean up the mess. Two, you're probably looking at a reckless endangerment charge if you fail. I don't know...it's not ideal. Why not just get a gun and do this somewhere that you won't endanger anyone else with a stray bullet or create the worst day of some janitor's career.

voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
for me. Don't involve others. Thats all i will say.

Reactions: Hollowman and Ash
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
A gun range has possibility. A gun store, not so much. The guns in the showcase don't have ammo in them, so you'd have to, somehow, get a gun into your hands AND load it with ammo that you brought that will fit the gun you're looking at, AND THEN, after all that, you'll still have to get the gun aimed at your head somewhere and fire. That would all take too long and you'd be stopped. In the US there is no mental assessment to enter a gun store and look at guns. No one there is qualified to make such an assessment. Some gun shops have indoor ranges attached to the stores. It would be difficult to pull off.

It'sMyLife

It'sMyLife

Little bundles of futile hope we are
Apr 18, 2020
You wouldn't be walking into a gun store with a weapon probably unless it was a pawn shop and you were hocking it. I've been to a gun range several times. You're expected to walk in with the gun in a case zipped up. As a general rule gun owners are considered trustworthy and responsible but if they don't know you they'll be more observant. But remember this- pawn shop owners are armed as are the gun range operators usually Pawn shops in particular are susceptible to being robbed and they don't play and are on guard from what I've observed. Where I live open carry is legal. It doesn't bother me at all. Now some states are dropping concealed carry license requirements if you can believe that. But the criminals are doing it so I guess they figured so should honest people be able to. IMHO this is not a good idea to ctb. There is so much information on this site that you can use. Just keep educating yourself and I hope you are having a good day today
And as locked n loaded says- no mental assessment to enter. This is what the background check is supposed to catch. And he is 100 percent correct about the entire loading a gun process as well. Factor in on top of this you have zero experience with guns. Please just dismiss this entire idea

Last edited:
W

Wolf Girl

Nothing ever got better
Jun 12, 2024
I don't know if this is possible, but if accomplished, it would be extremely cruel to the bystanders. Witnessing someone ctb can be incredibly traumatic, especially in such a violent way. I do not judge people who impulsively ctb in front of witnesses if they were in crisis and their judgement was impaired, but if you're planning in advance I think you should plan to do it in private. Ideally, you would arrange for the authorities to discover your body, although this is not always feasible.

If failed, you will end up in the hospital and you may end up in legal trouble. There is a good chance that you will fail if SI makes you hesitate long enough in pulling the trigger for staff to intervene.