symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
I am not suggesting this is a good idea or even something I plan on doing. Just sometimes I get really strong urges and I wonder what would likely happen if I acted on them.

I have a hard time getting through group. I mostly sit there sullenly and don't actively participate much. Sometimes I dissociate heavily and realize at the end that I have no idea what we even talked about. Often as I'm sitting in the room with the therapists and other patients I get the impulse to self-harm. On a semi-regular basis I get panicky enough that I run out of the room and find somewhere else to hide. I tend to get strong urges then too as I'm already quite upset and I have less fear of acting on them since I'm relatively alone. I don't bring blades or anything with me (and don't intend to) but I think about punching myself in the leg or face, banging my head on things, and/or scratching at my skin.

Obviously doing that in group in front of everyone would be the worst case scenario, but if I did it while hiding in other public areas it could go unnoticed (unless I made noise e.g. by banging my head) and I could absolutely get away with it if I hid in the bathroom and didn't take too long.

I'm just wondering what you guys think would most likely happen if I acted on that.

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Done outside group: They put you in the voluntary involuntary asy- pris- hospital ward for a little while.
Done inside the group: You get football tackled and needled with enough anesthetics to kill an elephant
America bonus: You're billed 500 000$ for the experience.

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, wanttogetonthebus, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Done outside group: They put you in the voluntary involuntary asy- pris- hospital ward for a little while.
Done inside the group: You get football tackled and needled with enough anesthetics to kill an elephant
America bonus: You're billed 500 000$ for the experience.
Sounds about right...

I guessed at the prison hospital bit but I'm wondering about the law. My understanding is you have to be an imminent danger, right? Does self-harm really count? Like professionals have known I self-harm but not hospitalized me since my life isn't at risk. What if I stopped immediately when asked and pinky swore to stay safe until the next group?

If I did it in group, physical restraint wouldn't be unexpected but I doubt they actually keep sedatives on hand there. They don't have any nurses or medical staff in the building, just therapists. Regardless, if it truly is "enough anesthetics to kill an elephant," then sign me the fuck up!! lol

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Sounds about right...

I guessed at the prison hospital bit but I'm wondering about the law. My understanding is you have to be an imminent danger, right? Does self-harm really count? Like professionals have known I self-harm but not hospitalized me since my life isn't at risk. What if I stopped immediately when asked and pinky swore to stay safe until the next group?

If I did it in group, physical restraint wouldn't be unexpected but I doubt they actually keep sedatives on hand there. They don't have any nurses or medical staff in the building, just therapists. Regardless, if it truly is "enough anesthetics to kill an elephant," then sign me the fuck up!! lol
OMG HE'S CUTTING HIMSELF, THIS IS SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR, THEREFORE HE'S ABOUT TO KILLHIMSELF
*sends you to mental health prison*
*bills you 10K*
From what iv'e observed, ''imminent danger'' means whatever the person reporting you considers to be ''imminent danger'', if you're with overly zealous and anxious people then oh boi. Or if the person is racist/homophobic and decides you're going to the mental health prison, they can also just straight up be assholes and exagerate the entire thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: fatefulstillness, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and symphony
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
OMG HE'S CUTTING HIMSELF, THIS IS SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR, THEREFORE HE'S ABOUT TO KILLHIMSELF
*sends you to mental health prison*
*bills you 10K*
From what iv'e observed, ''imminent danger'' means whatever the person reporting you considers to be ''imminent danger'', if you're with overly zealous and anxious people then oh boi. Or if the person is racist/homophobic and decides you're going to the mental health prison, they can also just straight up be assholes and exagerate the entire thing.
Yeah... I mean, you're right. I have countless examples where I've been forced into hospitals despite not really being a danger to myself or others, so I really have no faith in the whole thing anymore.

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
They will have a cute little psych ambulance waiting for you within ten minutes or so. I saw this exact scenario unfold when I was in outpatient therapy. They basically tied up the guy who self harmed and whisked him off right away.

Always be careful in these situations. You can't risk losing your independence. And I think going forward, these types of black marks will follow people more and more, ensuring an ongoing loss of autonomy and credibility in life. Especially as everything becomes digitally recorded and systems are interconnected.

• Informative
Reactions: fatefulstillness, Oblivion Access, wanttogetonthebus and 2 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
They will have a cute little psych ambulance waiting for you within ten minutes or so. I saw this exact scenario unfold when I was in outpatient therapy. They basically tied up the guy who self harmed and whisked him off right away.

Always be careful in these situations. You can't risk losing your independence. And I think going forward, these types of black marks will follow people more and more, ensuring an ongoing loss of autonomy and credibility in life. Especially as everything becomes digitally recorded and systems are interconnected.
Oh nooooo! That must have been scary to see. Would you mind sharing a bit more of that story and what happened?

I have been hospitalized from group before. No one told me and the ambulance was waiting for me the second group was over. That was a fun fun fun surprise.

• Aww..
Reactions: fatefulstillness and Angst Filled Fuck Up
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
When you have horrible ideas that even you yourself find dubious and nobody you ask them about finds reasonable it's time to throw them to the trash can and never look back.

It's already bad enough that you cut or whatever in the privacy of your home, doing it elsewhere would guarantee being treated as a seriously deranged individual, which can be worse than death, since crazy people have very little rights.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Angst Filled Fuck Up
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
When you have horrible ideas that even you yourself find dubious and nobody you ask them about finds reasonable it's time to throw them to the trash can and never look back.

It's already bad enough that you cut or whatever in the privacy of your home, doing it elsewhere would guarantee being treated as a seriously deranged individual, which can be worse than death, since crazy people have very little rights.
Oh, absolutely. I never thought this was a good idea or intended to do it. I hope my original post didn't gone off as implying that.

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Oh, absolutely. I never thought this was a good idea or intended to do it. I hope my original post didn't gone off as implying that.
Hey, don´t worry, you made it clear in the opening statement, I just had to double check. I´m sorry that you are so miserable that cutting brings you relief.

Reactions: demuic and symphony