T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Both the good and the bad. Maybe an opportunity for evaluating your life?

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and AntHills
Y

Yuna is My Waifu

Nov 19, 2023
It would prevent more suffering for me.

• Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Lookoutbelow, Hollowman and 3 others
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I would finally stop being in pain. I wouldn't have to deal with so many stressors and familial expectations. I would stop experiencing isolation and judgment from all of my peers. For once, I could rest and be at peace. There's no more ways that I can let people down, if I don't exist to bring more pain into their lives. I can be free.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Lookoutbelow, Yuna is My Waifu and 1 other person
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It would stop a lot of pain. But it might prevent creation of a meaningful relationship.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow and TransientEternal
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Dying would prevent me from further declining life quality and would end the agony of rotting alive at home.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, annointed_towers, Lookoutbelow and 2 others
iori011x3

iori011x3

Selflessness, contribution, service ❤️
Nov 28, 2023
probably will prevent how hurt i feel ig. i just want to stop crying everyday

• Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Lookoutbelow, Yuna is My Waifu and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It will prevent:

-Old age and frailty.
-Likely illness and arthritis, dementia, cancer- who knows what goodies lie in store?
-Not having the funds to retire.
-Another wage slave job.
-Tax returns.
-Housework.
-Diets and exercise.
-Grief and sadness.
-Loneliness.
-The colossal amounts of effort I would need to put in to (possibly) make things better.
-The never ending stream of things in life I simply don't want to do.

It would also prevent:

-Me from seeing all the new films and games and series that will be produced here on out.
-Me from experiencing nature again- beautiful landscapes, the smell when it has just rained, rainbows, animals.
-Me from eating yummy food.
-Me from finding something funny.

But of course- the advantage with death would be (in my view,) the moment it happens- I won't have a consciousness/memory to miss all that stuff so really- it doesn't count. I can cope with a few moments of thinking I may miss stuff before I do it as opposed to possibly a few decades more of trying to navigate through this shit show.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, annointed_towers, Latubmen and 3 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Living.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow and TransientEternal
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
All future unnecessary suffering in this undesirable existence there was never a need for in the first place. And what terrifies me about existence is that there is ultimately no limit as to how much one can suffer, there is always unlimited potential for existing to get much more unbearable which is why I'd always prefer to die. I just see having the ability to exist as such a tiresome burden, and I don't see any value to decaying from age in this cruel and futile existence, such a thing is always best avoided to me. As after all only the existing are capable of suffering, not the dead.

Reactions: kvsvenky100 and TransientEternal
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
More mass carnage for my Parents!!!

Reactions: TransientEternal
Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Further suffering and the illness I have getting worse with age and time.
But also I would not be able to enjoy things I love.

D

Deleted member 65988

It will prevent:

-Old age and frailty.
-Likely illness and arthritis, dementia, cancer- who knows what goodies lie in store?
-Not having the funds to retire.
-Another wage slave job.
-Tax returns.
-Housework.
-Diets and exercise.
-Grief and sadness.
-Loneliness.
-The colossal amounts of effort I would need to put in to (possibly) make things better.
-The never ending stream of things in life I simply don't want to do.

It would also prevent:

-Me from seeing all the new films and games and series that will be produced here on out.
-Me from experiencing nature again- beautiful landscapes, the smell when it has just rained, rainbows, animals.
-Me from eating yummy food.
-Me from finding something funny.

But of course- the advantage with death would be (in my view,) the moment it happens- I won't have a consciousness/memory to miss all that stuff so really- it doesn't count. I can cope with a few moments of thinking I may miss stuff before I do it as opposed to possibly a few decades more of trying to navigate through this shit show.
Agreed, missing out on all the bad stuff is worth it even if the good stuff will be sacrificed as a result. Thing is, I've already missed out on all the "good things" such as new releases of games, movies or series even while I'm still alive and it's only bothered me on a few occasions, that I can't experience the same excitement people have for these things.

• Hugs
Reactions: kvsvenky100, TransientEternal and Forever Sleep
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Growing any older.

Reactions: kvsvenky100 and TransientEternal
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Anymore bullshit and misery.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, TransientEternal and Lookoutbelow
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
The bad? Would prevent my homelessness and the severe conditions I would face on the streets.

The good? I'd lose the opportunity to get married and experience life with my partner. I'd never get to go on vacations again or enjoy the food I like. I wouldn't get to share the love in my heart anymore.

There's a lot to lose and I hope I'm not forced to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: TransientEternal and LoiteringClouds
savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
for me it will prevent further pain that i have to endure every day, and finally silence my crazy brain for good. it will also prevent my poor mom from further financially supporting me, a useless failure that holds no degree or way of ever making money to pay her back for everything.

I'll also miss on many tv shows and movies and music, which i think are the essence of life, but i just can't care about that anymore im so tired

Reactions: TransientEternal and Yuna is My Waifu
Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
The endless loneliness and suffering that inevitably awaits me.

Everything I ever wanted and worked for is gone. There's nothing left for me here.

Reactions: TransientEternal and Lookoutbelow
WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
Given the direction my existence has taken. It will prevent decades of torments and internal torture.

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
Dying lasts a moment, this life can last an entire century, there's so much worse you can do than just leaving it.