• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Q

qawsed

Sep 25, 2023
So I'm just talking practically speaking. As a very easy example I'd use ctb by literal bus or tram / metro / train / rail whatever you call it where you live. In this example there are potentially tangible negative affects (effects?) to others of someone using those methods. For example, one could traumatize the driver / first responders / etc but there also is the issue of causing emotional harm to loved ones and such (if you are lucky enough to have such people in your life) after your passing, through experienced feelings of loss and through other consequences such as financial consequences.

I would love for an easy answer, but a more comprehensive solution seems to be in order for what I could consider to be a possible "ethical" ctb solution that is both accessible and can be executed with reliable enough certainty.

There is also the issue of "what to do with" planning where "remains" may be found if a person were to want for their "remains" to be easily dealt with, without causing others much stress.

Basically, I fear that I may burden others even in the final act and I would like to plan to avoid accordingly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Melfice, Praestat_Mori and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I'm sorry. I think you have to accept it's impossible to ctb with absolutely zero impact, somebody will find you, and somebody will miss you.

If you want to try anyway, all I can think of is that you must self-isolate enough so that there is no memory of you, and then use one of the reliable ctb methods and do it far away in a wilderness. In the hope that animals & nature will take care of your remains. I don't know how feasible this is, since you'll likely leave at least something behind even if its clothes & bones.

I do think that some people in some professions accept it as their responsibility that they know they will deal with cadavers, so I think that with that in mind you can accept & respect that they made that decision and ctb in the place of your choosing. Keep a small amount in your bank to cover mandatory funeral and post-life expenses, it's somebody's job to deal with that too.

This world is unfair, try not to worry, I understand why people want to ctb. I think you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: untildeathdousapart, Praestat_Mori and Ads
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Really, I think there are only things we can do to limit the trauma. For me personally, these are:

- Initially- hang on for the closest members of my family to die first.
- Lose touch with everyone else.
- Don't initiate new friendships/relationships as far as possible.
- Don't choose a public method or one where someone has directly caused a death eg. train/death by cop.
- Avoid CTB where family may discover the body.
- If CTB needs to take place in a hotel etc- block the entrance with a sign to inform workers to alert the police.
- Inform the police as to what to expect to find. Warn them of the method- so that they can protect themselves.
- Lay down plastic to reduce the mess.
- Leave notes to explain it was a suicide and why. Tell people there's nothing they could have done and you don't want them to feel any kind of responsibility.
- Leave out ID and request to be identified by dental records if necessary- that I don't want someone I know to have to identify me.
- Get as much of the boring paperwork done as possible- tax returns up to date. Will done. House clearance organised. Cremation paid for.

Suicides are bound to create distress but I feel like we can at least do what we can to limit it.

• Informative
Reactions: JinZhin, qawsed, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The "most ethical CTB" - if we can say so at all - is, dying by an unforeseen accident. This will still have an impact on family and loved ones but it was an accident. That's easier to accept for them than suicide.

However making suicide look like an accident is almost impossible.

• Informative
Reactions: JinZhin, qawsed, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
B

Byebyemap

Dec 4, 2023
The "most ethical CTB" - if we can say so at all - is, dying by an unforeseen accident. This will still have an impact on family and loved ones but it was an accident. That's easier to accept for them than suicide.

However making suicide look like an accident is almost impossible.
Walking in the mountains anf falling…. Or swimming too far out into the sea.

• Yay!
Reactions: qawsed and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Walking in the mountains anf falling…. Or swimming too far out into the sea.
That's exactly what I thought of but they're also not the most peaceful ways to die, imo.

Reactions: Byebyemap
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
It's going to affect and traumatize regardless (ok, maybe a bit less if your dying and are still intact! But still 🪴