H

HopelessAbandonment

Aug 19, 2023
I can't decide. Either I will hang myself at a nearby park at night for strangers to find me and call police in the morning or I will hang myself somewhere far away deep in the woods where they may not find me for a while. Would it be better for my family to know I'm dead right away? Or do you think it'd be better if they got used to me being gone while I was just "missing" before they know I'm actually dead? I don't have many loved ones but I want to make this as painless as possible for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
Hmm, I would personally think that the prolonged remaining hope of you being "missing" would make it more miserable for your family because they'd hold out hope that you're still alive but lost. Then again, it would be difficult to regulate when a stranger would see you. If you can guarantee success before discovery, I'd choose the first option.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd personally think it'd be better if they knew what happened so they'd have some closure rather than wondering what happened.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree with everyone else. Families of missing people have a very hard time. They'll have to consider all the possibilities- a run away, suicide, kidnap, murder. They may even come under suspicion from authorities themselves. They look at the nearest and dearest closely if they suspect foul play.

Bunni'sLullaby

Bunni'sLullaby

iterum occurremus ultra saturni circulis
Dec 3, 2023
I can't decide. Either I will hang myself at a nearby park at night for strangers to find me and call police in the morning or I will hang myself somewhere far away deep in the woods where they may not find me for a while. Would it be better for my family to know I'm dead right away? Or do you think it'd be better if they got used to me being gone while I was just "missing" before they know I'm actually dead? I don't have many loved ones but I want to make this as painless as possible for them.
As someone who has experienced CBT loss and finding their loved one:

- Don't submit your loved ones to wondering where you are/going out searching for you, especially if they're not used to you not responding for days at a time. Either way, leave a note to someone accessible so they know to contact emergency response.
- Try and make it to where it is first responders who find you. Don't put that on your family, trust me. They will never forget that moment, ever.
- Hanging is a less gruesome method compared to a firearm, so that's good. But, make sure not to leave them with absolutely nothing--no final words, photos, passwords, etc. They will need and want them.