dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
any thoughts regarding what a post covid world will look like? i kinda think that there isn't a rats show in hell of humans being able to dig their sorry arses out of the problems they created......every country will adopt the same old routine of 'economic growth at all costs' meaning an already thrashed environment is gonna get fucked over yet again---an example being a world heritage site in Tasmania is going to be re-classified to allow logging...."global warming will seem like a secondary problem when humanity finally faces the consequences of what we have done to nature" ......

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and GentleJerk
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
Nothing, it'll still be (on the basis of) ground the same. The standards in the world will be the same as it always been.
I expect it get worse in other sections/areas.

That war maybe a hot topic still.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Food shortages and unlivable climate conditions in at risk regions will lead to mass migration which, coupled with the rise of far-right populism and tribalist anti immigrant sentiment means things are gonna get really ugly. Covid might not go away entirely or something even worse will take it's place. As cost of living rises and freedoms and the things that traditionally made life bearable continue to be eroded, we will increasingly retreat into substance abuse, technology and suicide. I disagree with "global warming will seem like a secondary problem when humanity finally faces the consequences of what we have done to nature" as global warming IS just one of many consequences of what we've done to nature.

Bear in mind these are just takes from a pessimistic layperson with too much time on their hands, though we can see a lot of these unfolding already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Scare, ThePaleWhiteLight, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
World war 3, mandatory vaccination, travel restrictions forever, less human rights, digital identity, global government (WEF, WHO, Bill & Melinda Gates foundation) ), great reset / new world order, collapse of the financial system, digital currency, shortage of food, energy, oil, gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: fox_wannabe and CrazyNihilist
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
The future will be new n' tasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Collapse of the Evil Empire of our times - the Russian Federation.

The only ones who can prevent the Russian Federation's collapse are Russians themselves, if they get rid of their bloodthirsty genocidal dictator Poo-tin and his satanic regime. I believe they will not do it. I will be very surprised if they do it!

Most Russkies in Russia and abroad, even those citizens of the West of Russkie origin seem to support the bloodthirsty blaggard Poo-tin and cheer on his genocide and other heinous crimes against humanity, either overtly or covertly. The courageous, ethical ones protesting or speaking out against his diabolical invasion are a small minority, and they will be silenced by the regime & the barbaric majority.

This only makes me think I was too kind in my assessment of Russkies. I always knew Russia was an evil mafiocratic rogue state, but I naïvely believed that Russians were ruled against their will by their diabolical mafiocrats. They are not! At least a simple majority of them fully support being ruled by a mafiocratic genocidal dictator & his evil regime. They are proud of their diabolical tyrant's unspeakable crimes against humanity and cheer him on. It says a lot about their individual, collective and national character.

There is such a thing as collective karma. And she is a rabid bitch! The Russkies who are so gleefully celebrating Russia's heinous crimes now will cry when their collective karma bites them hard. Few will empathise with them or support them when it does. I certainly won't.

The ones who will step in to support the Russkies then will be Winnie the Pooh's PRC. Winnie the Pooh won't do it out of any altruism or even friendship, such things don't exist in the PRC's foreign policy playbook. Winnie the Pooh will advance the PRC's own imperialist ambitions and mercantilist trade policies with a greatly weakened Russian Federation tottering on the brink of collapse.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan proved that an evil empire with the world's largest nuclear arsenal is not immune to collapse & disintegration. The Russian invasion of Ukraine will prove that an evil empire with the world's largest nuclear arsenal is not immune to collapse and a new form of colonisation.

The Russian bear will have no choice but to become a good, obedient lapdog of the Chinese panda, much like its other lapdog - the North Korean pungsan dog. Everyone knows how that has turned out for North Koreans.

Images 4

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Let's just say that we will look back at the year 2019 and wish we could return to better times.

Besides any specific events that may occur in the coming years, in general, we will probably return to living standards of the 18th or 19th century.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Hopefully I'm not going to be in it which would automatically mean the world would still be a better place than if I were in it to make things even worse. It could be a total wasteland and life would still be better for everyone without someone like me in it.

That and there'll probably be some funny memes.

CrazyNihilist

CrazyNihilist

Mar 17, 2022
Collapse of the Evil Empire of our times - the Russian Federation.

The only ones who can prevent the Russian Federation's collapse are Russians themselves, if they get rid of their bloodthirsty genocidal dictator Poo-tin and his satanic regime. I believe they will not do it. I will be very surprised if they do it!

Most Russkies in Russia and abroad, even those citizens of the West of Russkie origin seem to support the bloodthirsty blaggard Poo-tin and cheer on his genocide and other heinous crimes against humanity, either overtly or covertly. The courageous, ethical ones protesting or speaking out against his diabolical invasion are a small minority, and they will be silenced by the regime & the barbaric majority.

This only makes me think I was too kind in my assessment of Russkies. I always knew Russia was an evil mafiocratic rogue state, but I naïvely believed that Russians were ruled against their will by their diabolical mafiocrats. They are not! At least a simple majority of them fully support being ruled by a mafiocratic genocidal dictator & his evil regime. They are proud of their diabolical tyrant's unspeakable crimes against humanity and cheer him on. It says a lot about their individual, collective and national character.

There is such a thing as collective karma. And she is a rabid bitch! The Russkies who are so gleefully celebrating Russia's heinous crimes now will cry when their collective karma bites them hard. Few will empathise with them or support them when it does. I certainly won't.

The ones who will step in to support the Russkies then will be Winnie the Pooh's PRC. Winnie the Pooh won't do it out of any altruism or even friendship, such things don't exist in the PRC's foreign policy playbook. Winnie the Pooh will advance the PRC's own imperialist ambitions and mercantilist trade policies with a greatly weakened Russian Federation tottering on the brink of collapse.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan proved that an evil empire with the world's largest nuclear arsenal is not immune to collapse & disintegration. The Russian invasion of Ukraine will prove that an evil empire with the world's largest nuclear arsenal is not immune to collapse and a new form of colonisation.

The Russian bear will have no choice but to become a good, obedient lapdog of the Chinese panda, much like its other lapdog - the North Korean pungsan dog. Everyone knows how that has turned out for North Koreans.

View attachment 89370
Well written assessment! The only thing I question is the general Ruskie sentiment. They are fed a constant stream of spun facts and they see what happens to anyone who speaks out. I believe there is a silent mass of people who sing the praises of leadership out of fear and intimidation.
Food shortages and unlivable climate conditions in at risk regions will lead to mass migration which, coupled with the rise of far-right populism and tribalist anti immigrant sentiment means things are gonna get really ugly. Covid might not go away entirely or something even worse will take it's place. As cost of living rises and freedoms and the things that traditionally made life bearable continue to be eroded, we will increasingly retreat into substance abuse, technology and suicide. I disagree with "global warming will seem like a secondary problem when humanity finally faces the consequences of what we have done to nature" as global warming IS just one of many consequences of what we've done to nature.

Bear in mind these are just takes from a pessimistic layperson with too much time on their hands, though we can see a lot of these unfolding already.

Don't believe everything you hear from climate doomsayers. There is significant data taken way out of context within the scientific community to justify spending and other power struggles. How many times have the doomsayers said the world would end by X and then X comes and goes? There is consensus that humans have contributed to climate change, but there is no scientific consensus on the doom and gloom predictions. A small number of scientists, who arewell funded, try to make the statistics look worse by only grabbing convenient data out of context.

Don't believe everything you hear from climate doomsayers. There is significant data taken way out of context within the scientific community to justify spending and other power struggles. How many times have the doomsayers said the world would end by X and then X comes and goes? There is consensus that humans have contributed to climate change, but there is no scientific consensus on the doom and gloom predictions. A small number of scientists, who arewell funded, try to make the statistics look worse by only grabbing convenient data out of context.

Last edited:
Reactions: Depressed Cat
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I don't think the world can change that much in that time.

We'll continue drilling and extracting for oil and gas. We will continue to ignore global climate change, and economic inequality, and the people will just bend over and take it because they are too bamboozled to give a damn.

Reactions: CrazyNihilist, GrumpyFrog and WhiteRabbit
CrazyNihilist

CrazyNihilist

Mar 17, 2022
I don't think the world can change that much in that time.

We'll continue drilling and extracting for oil and gas. We will continue to ignore global climate change, and economic inequality, and the people will just bend over and take it because they are too bamboozled to give a damn.
Most people are sheeple!