Fernando_Pessoa

Fernando_Pessoa

she/her
Apr 23, 2023
I love my pooch so much and if not for her I would most likely have CTB by now.
She's a rescue and has already been through a lot / has tons of separation anxiety. She is very attached to me.
Siiiiigh.
But I'm in such pain and I don't want to be in the matrix of this dark world any longer.

I have been blessed with wonderful friends, and have a successful career, but it's just not enough to sustain me any longer. I'm just too sensitive for how harsh the world is on a daily basis these days. I want to rest. Deeep long rest on the other side….
But I'm so worried about my dog…the guilt is stopping me.
Anyway, anyone else out there struggle with this?

Thank you,
Ericka

• Hugs
Reactions: mrscat
S_IsMyUsername

S_IsMyUsername

Sep 11, 2023
The more I think about it the more I am sure that this is the reason why I bought rats. To have a reason not to leave the world. My text certainly won't change your situation much, but from pet owner to pet owner, try to give them the best life possible and only then think about CTB. And if it's no longer possible, please don't leave your animals at home to fend for themselves, but hand them over on time, even if it hurts.

Reactions: mrscat, I8meself and Fernando_Pessoa
Fernando_Pessoa

Fernando_Pessoa

she/her
Apr 23, 2023
The more I think about it the more I am sure that this is the reason why I bought rats. To have a reason not to leave the world. My text certainly won't change your situation much, but from pet owner to pet owner, try to give them the best life possible and only then think about CTB. And if it's no longer possible, please don't leave your animals at home to fend for themselves, but hand them over on time, even if it hurts.
Oh thank you. I would never leave her alone. I know of a friend that would take her (who would treat her SO well and whom I would take her to before I CTB) I just feel so guilty leaving her at all…
😕

mrscat

mrscat

May 25, 2018
I can relate a lot to your case. ..leaving my dog and cat, both are rescued, is the mainly reason that keep me going every day
I was an animal advocate and rescuer actively in my 20s and I have seen enough of animal suffering..it is really hard for me to cope with that..
Sadly if I go first than my cat he wouldn't survive without me, he can't live with more cats because he has some virus that can affects others cats, my dog will be fine with my immediate family; but my sweet boy won't be...
I'm glad you have found someone who will take care of her.. still it is hard to leave them behind.
I don't want to sound ugly...but sometimes I wish both of them can come with me when it's my time..
Wishing you the best for you Ericka! and for your little girl :)

Reactions: Fernando_Pessoa
risanya

risanya

bleh
Aug 16, 2023
it was my pet axolotl but ever since my mental health went to shit I gave them to one of my closest friends because its too hard to take care of another life when i couldn't even take care of myself. i just know my axolotl is safer with an owner that will make him happier.

Fernando_Pessoa

Fernando_Pessoa

she/her
Apr 23, 2023
I can relate a lot to your case. ..leaving my dog and cat, both are rescued, is the mainly reason that keep me going every day
I was an animal advocate and rescuer actively in my 20s and I have seen enough of animal suffering..it is really hard for me to cope with that..
Sadly if I go first than my cat he wouldn't survive without me, he can't live with more cats because he has some virus that can affects others cats, my dog will be fine with my immediate family; but my sweet boy won't be...
I'm glad you have found someone who will take care of her.. still it is hard to leave them behind.
I don't want to sound ugly...but sometimes I wish both of them can come with me when it's my time..
Wishing you the best for you Ericka! and for your little girl :)
I understand how that would be very, very difficult to deal with…being an animal advocate.
Thank you for doing that. 🙏🏼
Animals suffering is probably the very hardest thing for me to deal with in life as well. It annihilates me.
I really hear you on wanting to take them with you. It's okay to have that thought.
Thanks so much for your comment and I'm wishing the best for you and your "kiddos" as well! 🙂❤️
it was my pet axolotl but ever since my mental health went to shit I gave them to one of my closest friends because its too hard to take care of another life when i couldn't even take care of myself. i just know my axolotl is safer with an owner that will make him happier.
I really know what you mean.
It's a miracle I've been able to take care of my pooch while I've been so clinically depressed. But it's her that has probably kept me here, on this plane, for this long.
One, because she gets me out of bed for walks (I live in a condo building, so I HAVE to take her downstairs, and for a walk, so she can go potty).
Two, because I don't want to abandon her (I mean personally abandon her, as I will leave her with a friend when I CTB).
In any case, I'm sure your Axoloti is doing very well, but also misses you.
I'm wishing you a decent day today.
❤️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mrscat