sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
What do you think the future world is heading?? Everyday when I scroll through different social media sites such as Instagram, there is just an INSANE amount of endless videos and pictures of all sorts of different things and activities in this world

Most of us growing up, were exposed to slower paced things like Television shows, news, cartoons, or scripted TV programs only. Which is more simple and basic. Or some newspapers, magazines, and radio. It does make us more naive and less aware of the world. But at the same time, was less overwhelming, and easier to process

But nowadays, I can't imagine being in elementary school, or still reasonably young, but being exposed to THIS MUCH information non-stop all at once, every single day. Does this make some children afraid of the world?? Or find it too overwhelming??

In a simple 5 to 10 minute quick scroll, you could already be exposed to history, space, animals in the jungle, president of the United States giving a speech, cooking videos, people singing/ dancing, religious stuff, artificial intelligence, different business ideas and tips, fake news, random crazy things, and the list goes on

What are the mentality of children thats growing up in this type of digital environment??? I don't have the best feeling for the future. Especially in a hundred years from now, when all of the older generation people who understands more about the true history of this world, has all died off, and all thats left are these new generation kids, who will then take over and run this world

What are the kids currently still in elementary school, going to be like in the future as adults, in this completely new world??? There definitely will be some obvious difference, compared previous generations and eras. Since this internet stuff is still pretty new in the end. The world hasn't experienced this before

Reactions: 26mmmm, Forever Sleep, doormat25 and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Considering the ipad kids of this new generation, I am so scared for how everyone will end up. I do not want to continue forth with this life if things get even worse than before.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, doormat25, sanction and 1 other person
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
honestly, idk. it's 1 of the many many things i try not to think abt. sometimes i contemplate trying to stay alive just so i can see a bit more of what becomes of us, butttt i never feel like doing that too much, lol.

if u had to pick a key point where we 'failed'/really dropped the ball as a society, what would u pick??

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25 and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
gonna have to deal with melting ice caps and overcrowding, its gonna suck ass lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowman and sanction
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
honestly, idk. it's 1 of the many many things i try not to think abt. sometimes i contemplate trying to stay alive just so i can see a bit more of what becomes of us, butttt i never feel like doing that too much, lol.

if u had to pick a key point where we 'failed'/really dropped the ball as a society, what would u pick??
I think with there being no population control at all, and there just keeps being more and more humans, leading to endless different needs/ desires/ decisions from BILLIONS and BILLIONS of different people, along with too much technology, including the internet, has kind of made this world seem like....... planet earth is on cocaine lol

As cool as the internet is, to bring us entertainment and information, it is just becoming too complicated and toxic. Its like the world is on steroids

If you think of animals, all they do is eat, sleep, and walk around. But for humans.............. man........... I really have no words lol. We are truly the most complicated species ever. We are the true virus of this world

We come here to cut down trees, make pollution, dig holes in the ground to make buildings, kill and sell animals in zoos/ farms/ supermarkets, go to war with each other, scam each other, sue each other in court to see who goes to prison, embarrass each other to go viral on social media. Now even want to create robots and take over space..... and the list goes on

Humans really need to slow down and chill the fuck out. We are just a toxic and crazy species. I think too much technology will instead backfire one day, causing more harm than good

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman, Forever Sleep and doormat25
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I think with there being no population control at all, and there just keeps being more and more humans, leading to endless different needs/ desires/ decisions from BILLIONS and BILLIONS of different people, along with too much technology, including the internet, has kind of made this world seem like....... planet earth is on cocaine lol
i really appreciate this answer, it's v well thought out & worded. i agree w you abt overpop. ik it's really frowned upon to say & is a big 'no no' socially, but i don't see how it's not accurate. do u think we're past the point of saving??

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
i really appreciate this answer, it's v well thought out & worded. i agree w you abt overpop. ik it's really frowned upon to say & is a big 'no no' socially, but i don't see how it's not accurate. do u think we're past the point of saving??
Yes, we're way past the point of saving. Humans are just animals in the end. Need food, water, and maybe shelter to survive. But look how much more complicated we have made this into lol. And doesn't look like its slowing down anytime soon

Reactions: Hollowman
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
You can choose to ignore this stuff. I don't use, Facebook, twitter, Instagram or tik tok.
As for kids growing up with that.
They will be more prepared for the new paradigm that's coming. This world is about to change which is something many people don't realise. The AI and quantum computers will reshape everything.
I also disagree about 'the older generation that knows more about the true history of the world'. Before the internet people had almost no way to get information other then government run media.
Older gens were adapted for their times and that's about it. It doesn't make them better or worse than younger generations.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's so difficult to say. I'm not around young people much. I have quite a dim overall view I guess but then, they surprise me when I come across polite and kind youngsters. I just assume they're all going to be narcissistic bullies! It's really going to depend on how they were brought up I guess. I expect- like all generations- individuals will vary. Honestly, I'm scared for them. I don't like the look of where this world is headed. I don't envy them trying to make their way in it. I do really hope they will be ok. I have plenty of friends who have children. Personally though, I'm glad I don't. I feel sure with my genes and the upbringing I would have given them. Plus, seeing me as such an unconfident mess- they would have struggled just as much as me. I'm glad I spared them that.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
More than ever, the younger generations would have difficulty with dealing with the word "No" in general or just plain rejection.
Some maybe more polite than ever as they evolve to be more psychologically adept at really hiding behind facades, while others would be more adapt at applying the "victim" mentality.

Facts would be more difficult to discern from fiction or propaganda, and sensationalism will be the order of the day.

Personally, I've read a lot of posts about the fear of a "dystopian" future, without specifying how or why it's dystopian, so i am not informed enough about it to have an opinion.

We are overpopulated, but not overpopulated enough. I say this because we're really not doing anything about it. We consume, we give up time and resources for a little bit of respite from life's day to day difficulties, but it comes at a cost of relationships and personal well being.. I mean, it took a worldwide pandemic for our oceans/environment to recover just a tad bit, but prior to covid we already had things like "Earth Hour" and a host of environmental days, which wasnt enough.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
I feel the world is about to go through the biggest shift ever, with technology now moving so much faster. Over the next few decades, traditional education system and 9 to 5 work mentality will become increasingly unpopular. More and more new adults will rather be entrepreneurs, and being broke or employee will get more frowned upon. There will be less appreciation and patience for things, because people expect things to happen with a click of a button or as instantly as possible

Many people will want to be popular and feel worshipped, due to all these social media likes and follower trends. People will need to be constantly stimulated, otherwise will easily feel bored and empty, making it harder to enjoy smaller and simple things in life

More and more competition for technology advancement, and seeing who can expand to space faster and better. We're going to become more like robots and those type of futuristic things we always see in movies

The major downside is, many of these are way too unnatural, and artificial. Our ego and greed, is causing us to want to be super humans, rather than more simple and humble. It will backfire one day in some shape or form, because it is just far too unnatural from our original state

Compared to animals, humans are just way too complicated and difficult to satisfy. We may be more intelligent, but it is definitely also a curse. Won't be surprised if one day we finally self destruct, or at least backfire in negative ways. Because we never stop wanting more