N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Not whether there exists a thread with exactly this topic. I think there are similar thread. But maybe not exactly with this emphasis.
I would have had another topics to post about but damn I will go for this one.

The end could be near. The nuclear threat is currently not that low. Probably the last time with a similar high likelihood was the cold war.
The Ukraine-Russia war is escalating. I am kind of anxious and I don't know whether there is a way out. More innocent people will die. I am not scared about my own life but my friends really want to live.

Then there is climate change.
Maybe you know the doomsdayclock. The two most dangerous factors for the elimination of humanity is a nuclear war and the climate catastrophe according to them.

On the other hand maybe this is a little bit of fear-mongering. I think in the end I cannot change it. At least not substantially. I rather try to focus to find solutions for my own daily practical problems. I cannot save the world. Though I try to save my own ass. Admittedly I am not even good at that.

What do you think what is the most likelihood scenario for the end of humankind? I agree with the doomsdayclock (atomic war and climate change)
However there are other scenarios like a meteor that hits the earth, a killer virus, an articifial intelligence which kills humankind etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeisadream and Unhirable
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
Probably uploading our consciousness to the internet or something. Although you could consider this an evolution of humankind I guess.

I don't really believe the world will end in a big nuclear war (although i WISH that would happen) because at the end of the day, the people who are running the United States, Russia, and Ukraine really fucking love money and power.

Even if their "side" loses, they are so powerful and rich that they could move to a country like Iran and live peacefully worst case scenario. So they have no reason to blow up the entire world.

Climate change is mostly fake.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: niki wonoto
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
The worst thing in my opinion is not even doomsday, but when life just goes on like "business as usual"

it's f*cking boring & mundane
this existence & reality everyday

Reactions: whatevs, Julgran and lucid
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Not whether there exists a thread with exactly this topic. I think there are similar thread. But maybe not exactly with this emphasis.

The end could be near. The nuclear threat is currently not that low. Probably the last time with a similar high likelihood was the cold war.
The Ukraine-Russia war is escalating. I am kind of anxious and I don't know whether there is a way out. More innocent people will die. I am not scared about my own life but my friends really want to live.

Maybe eyou know the doomsdayclock. The two most dangerous factors for the elimination of humanity is a nuclear war and the climate catastrophe according to them.

On the other hand maybe this is a little bit of fear-mongering. I think in the end I cannot change it. At least not substantially. I rather try to focus to find solutions for my own daily practical problems. I cannot save the world. Though I try to save my own ass. Admittedly I am not even good at that.

What do you think what is the most likelihood scenario for the end of humankind? I agree with the doomsdayclock (atomic war and climate change)
However there are other scenarios like a meteor that hits the earth, a killer virus, an articifial intelligence which kills humankind etc.

The internal arguments within this community will be the end of everything.

n507842381_5045_3334.jpg

Jokes aside, I believe that the energy and food crisis is the most likely life-ender in the near-term. One useful plan of action is probably to learn how to live somewhat comfortably without modern amenities - such as the Internet - and go back to basics while it's still possible to do so on a voluntary basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucid
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

Maybe you know the doomsdayclock. The two most dangerous factors for the elimination of humanity is a nuclear war and the climate catastrophe according to them.

The cause of death for humans will be humans.

Reactions: lifeisadream
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Will humanity disappear from this planet? maybe yes. But I am clear that this, at these heights of current technology, will not at all mean the end of humanity in the universe.
Just send human DNA sequences on a digital medium so they can be replicated wherever and whoever needs to be (maybe 1000 years?).
It's too late to disappear because of a simple apocalypse, we'll just lose the planet and that's it.

//

La humanitat desapareixerà d'aquest planeta? potser si. Però tinc clar que això, a aquestes alçades de la tècnica actual, no suposarà en absolut la fi de la humanitat a l'univers.
Només cal enviar seqüencies d'ADN humà en un suport digital per què els puguin replicar allà on sigui i qui sigui quan hagi de ser (potser 1000 anys?).
Ja és massa tard per desaparèixer per un simple apocalipsi, només perdrem el planeta i prou.

Reactions: whatevs
IntoTheLight

IntoTheLight

Oct 11, 2022
More powerful technology becoming more easily accessible. When someone can engineer a virus as transmissible as Covid and as deadly as Ebola in their basement then that's it for civilization at least.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I still bet that human stupidity will bring the ultimate downfall of humanity.