_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
HII:heart:

I see so many interesting and thoughtful posts here,
i'm kinda addicted to understand how life works, especially psychological stuff.

What was the most significant thing you have learned/discovered,
which gave you a feeling of enlightenment,
like something you always wanted to know and then you got that AH moment? x3
Thanks!

• Hugs
Reactions: waived, puppy9, terry_a_davis and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It was 97. I'd just had an enjoyable night down the village pub followed by a romantic liaison with a local girl.
It was 3am and I was walking back to the campsite down the track.
I felt fantastic.
At times like this, I had an odd custom. I'd lay down and look up at the stars. So I lay down on the country track and did just that. There was barely any light pollution and I could see the Milky Way arching across the night sky. It was cold, but I lay there, content.
I recalled lying on the top of a mountain at night many years before and feeling at peace like this (a story I've told on this site) https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ie-despite-suicide-attempts.33680/post-622091
Then I had the oddest thought. It was one thought and it was also two thoughts, or maybe one thought with two meanings, a mental apogee or zenith.
It was this...
This is the best moment of my life.
So I felt elation and also sadness at the same time. I was happy, but I would never feel any better than this, everything now would be downhill. I knew this with an awful clarity.
It was at that point that I realised that within every aspect of life is the seed of it's opposite, that things considered mutually exclusive were often complimentary facets of the same principle, with everything constantly in a seemingly paradoxical motion.
What do you call a feeling that is both happy and sad at the same time?
I chose not to ask that question and just lay there and watched the Milky Way.

Edit: it was all downhill. So far, that was the best year of my life and that moment was my zenith.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, Good4Nothing, Élégie and 5 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Underscore

"So I felt elation and also sadness at the same time."

Sometimes I'm happy
Sometimes I'm sad
Sometimes I'm HsAdPPY
Because my life is making me LAcrUyGH

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
I was mind-blown, but not necessarily in a positive sense. When I saw a disfigured corpse in my younger years, I realized that death is everywhere and spares no one.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Whenever you think you're down, hopless, and suffering, life will find a way to kick you in the nuts and make you experience unimaginable pain.

Reactions: Deleted member 1496, Good4Nothing, TheQ22 and 1 other person
A

addicted to cutting

addicted to cutting
Sep 20, 2020
Pain is temporary.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Discovering that wishing for the death is not the standard. I once "joked" about wanting to die around some "sucessful" people and they all looked very terrified to the idea someone relatively healthy of body would ever wish to leave life and all of its "wonders" behind.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
That it goes fast and no ones there to help you

Reactions: lotus11
Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Jan 5, 2019
Reading Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus" is a must read for everyone contemplating suicide. French existentialism in general. If you're like me and less plagued by physical problems but more like existential ones (why am I here, what is my purpose in life, what should I do, etc.) and life just seems meaningless (spoiler: it is) it will enable you to find your own answers (which should always be the aim of philosophy). And while not strictly advocating for suicide, the book doesn't condemn it either. Well as for me, I've decided to stick around a little longer after that.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
laws, job titles, societal norms and the rest are virtually meaningless. their only value is what we assign them. they're a cage we've trapped ourselves in.

Reactions: waived