• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ChildOfLove

ChildOfLove

When your sky dims, I will be there. Waiting.
May 9, 2024
Was there a specific event or circumstance that served as the final trigger or tipping point for you to attempt/set your mind on cbt?

For me, losing my first and only friend whom I had a very intimate relationship with to suicide made me feel I couldn't go on any longer. Perhaps, without further context, this may seem like a ridiculous reason. I don't know. This person was very important to me, far more than anyone's ever been in my life. I feel utterly lost without him and have been feeling extremely suicidal ever since. I was already struggling before that happened and have experienced many traumatic events especially in the past year, though losing him just truly broke me and strengthened my resolve to cbt. In truth I think I'm not yet fully conscious of the fact that he's permanently gone from this earthly planet.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sylveon and iloverachel
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
For me there wasn't a last straw or anything, just realizing over the years how pointless and isolating life is. Losing family members affected me a lot too as well as losing 4 dogs over a decade.
And trying everything i can to better but nothing working made me feel more hopeless and suicidal

• Aww..
Reactions: worthIess, bluehawk, Sylveon and 1 other person
Upvote 0
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I guess my dad yelling at me and blaming me for him and my stepmother getting evicted back when I was 14? Idk. I don't think there was a particular last straw for me. Despite my attempts at changing my perspective, living a long life just doesn't appeal to me, so I feel like it's kind of inevitable that would have ended up trying to ctb.

Reactions: Sylveon
Upvote 0
bFre3

bFre3

Apr 8, 2024
I've always considered ctb as an option from a young age. Well, when I was younger it was more spontaneous, emotional outbursts and I'd be back to 'normal' after a day or two. But still, the thought was always lingering at the back of my head.

I can't really pinpoint exactly when, but eventually, I started to value death more than life, I suppose. I've been seriously planning out to ctb over the past year or so.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, it's rather just the fact that existence was always undesirable, I'd always prefer to not exist no matter what. In my case I simply prefer the sound of peacefully not existing over the futile and torturous burden of existing as a human, I have no interest in suffering in this meaningless existence and in existence there is endless potential to suffer.

Under no circumstances would I ever wish to suffer for decades just to be tormented by old age and die anyway, I despise existence as it's the source of all suffering, for me suicide is the rational solution to solve what the true problem is which is existence itself.

Upvote 0
Sylveon

Sylveon

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Academic failure and loneliness led me to reflect a lot on life, and when I went back out there, I realised how enthusiastic and hopeful everyone was about their future; everyone had something they looked forward to, and the ones who didn't care too much about tomorrow enjoyed themselves to the fullest in the present—the two things I would never experience.

I can't pursue the one thing I'm passionate about because the ship for it sailed long ago, and the thought of continuing for however many years without any concrete purpose to live for (that I'll probably never have) sounds really miserable and exhausting. And yeah, there are some other things going on as well, such as my (logically justified) self-hatred and my susceptibility to stress, etc...

One thing I've learned living in the most populous country is that even statistics get forgotten in the long run. Besides, there's always a better "me" out there, so I don't see any point in continuing when I can neither make it better for myself nor others.

TL;DR: I've got no business being here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
Another monthly visit to my doctor who keeps ignoring my complaints about a lowering quality of life (including those visits making me worse).

Upvote 0
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
The fact that life is all about survival, work is modern day slavery and you will have to work your life away just to survive. You will have to become a slave to the system for the rest of your life. This is so depressing to me. I'd rather die now than have to work for the next 50-60 years. I hate how life is just a game of survival

Reactions: worthIess
Upvote 0
goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
Was there a specific event or circumstance that served as the final trigger or tipping point for you to attempt/set your mind on cbt?

For me, losing my first and only friend whom I had a very intimate relationship with to suicide made me feel I couldn't go on any longer. Perhaps, without further context, this may seem like a ridiculous reason. I don't know. This person was very important to me, far more than anyone's ever been in my life. I feel utterly lost without him and have been feeling extremely suicidal ever since. I was already struggling before that happened and have experienced many traumatic events especially in the past year, though losing him just truly broke me and strengthened my resolve to cbt. In truth I think I'm not yet fully conscious of the fact that he's permanently gone from this earthly planet.
The lose of my best friend due to my shitty actions

Upvote 0