hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
What types of music have you been listening to and any album or song that stands out?
How do you find new music? I search on spotify and ask other people also try reddit subs dedicated to genera.
Is music a big part of your life?

Share some of your favourite music and don't forget to say why you like it.
I have just been trying to find some decent noise/harsh noise today

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Harsh, hmm? One song I've been hooked on is Indestructible by Disturbed. I love a lot of songs by NF (rap music), found some newer ones that I hadn't heard and have been blasting those. I like a lot of bands like Linkin Park, Muse, Breaking Benjamin... But I also like a lot of random pop songs, alternative, etc. I love loud and harsh music, Muse is nice to sing to because Matt Bellamy's range is similar to mine...and his voice tends to go all over, at least in the songs I listen to. But pop music is a nice break sometimes. Idk

I really just browse Youtube for music. I can send links if you'd like.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Harsh, hmm? One song I've been hooked on is Indestructible by Disturbed. I love a lot of songs by NF (rap music), found some newer ones that I hadn't heard and have been blasting those. I like a lot of bands like Linkin Park, Muse, Breaking Benjamin... But I also like a lot of random pop songs, alternative, etc. I love loud and harsh music, Muse is nice to sing to because Matt Bellamy's range is similar to mine...and his voice tends to go all over, at least in the songs I listen to. But pop music is a nice break sometimes. Idk

I really just browse Youtube for music. I can send links if you'd like.
Do send links of anything slow and sad.
I know an awful lot of music but not enough however Iam sure I could pick music based on your tastes if you wanted to share what you are into.
This is what I meant by harsh noise by the way
I love music and sharing and discussing it even if it is not a genera that I hold dear so feel free to tell me your tastes and ask for similar music.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I know an awful lot of music but not enough however Iam sure I could pick music based on your tastes if you wanted to share what you are into.
I love music and sharing and discussing it even if it is not a genera that I hold dear so feel free to tell me your tastes and ask for similar music.

Aaaah, thanks for sharing. I'll have to think on the slow/sad music. I don't really listen to that kind of music, but I'm sure I can find something. Here's the first two that popped in my head but idk if it's what you mean

I guess both of these were in the Twilight series....but I found them on YouTube years ago. Meh

• Love
Reactions: BRAINWORMS
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Aaaah, thanks for sharing. I'll have to think on the slow/sad music. I don't really listen to that kind of music, but I'm sure I can find something. Here's the first two that popped in my head but idk if it's what you mean
eries....but I found them on YouTube years ago. Meh
Do you like post rock? what generas or is it just kinda popular stuff you have been exposed to?
I found the songs you linked to be decent and have merit,

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I've been listening to Dorian Electra, grimes, Jazmin bean, and some random songs. I like them cause I just like the vibe honestly. They're modern interesting songs. There's a lot more tho, I'm feeling a bit sick so I might elaborate later lol

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I've been listening to Dorian Electra, grimes, Jazmin bean, and some random songs. I like them cause I just like the vibe honestly. They're modern interesting songs. There's a lot more tho, I'm feeling a bit sick so I might elaborate later lol
Please elaborate later with some links also. I will check out what you mentioned when feeling a lil better.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Do you like post rock? what generas or is it just kinda popular stuff you have been exposed to?
I found the songs you linked to be decent and have merit,
Sorry, forgot to respond. A lot of what I listen to is stuff from/related to what I found when I was 14 or 15. Some random pop, alternative, rock from the radio. Then literally random things that I found on YouTube

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Biréli Lagrène - Blues Clair Live Jazz à Vienne 2002

BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020

OMG I'm obsessed with Dorian. They're my favorite "good mood" music. Do you listen to other PC Music artists too (SOPHIE, A.G. Cook, etc.)?

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I'm listening to two versions of the same song. Procol Harem's "Whiter Shade Of Pale" :

And an opera version of that song:

• Love
Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl and TriggerHappy
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
This is a great track from the Joker movie.

TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
these are the tracks i can't get outta my head:
the first is from the Murder scene in Mr Mercedes series (very Nick Cave - love o'Malleys Bar)

and then there's this:

Has anyone been listening to Diamanda Galas (Plague Mass) - very lockdown, huh?
- Edgar Allan Poe Masque of the Red Death

love, love, love her.

W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I just discovered a couple of songs... new to me, anyway... this is the only one i could find again lol

kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020

Apparently the second verse is about Kurt Cobain's suicide. I like the song because it has this darkish vibe to it, but is really catchy. People in the comments speculate the song can be about suicide, or sex, or a school shooting, but I prefer to not think of the meaning and just enjoy the atmosphere of the song while I'm listening to it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Mostly been listening to Xenoblade 2 music lately because of Pyra and Mythra being added to Smash. I haven't played any game in the series yet though but I think the first Xenoblade had better music overall. I used to only like one track from 2:

I really love how bombastic this theme sounds. It's great for my almost-daily walks. It feels like a really epic version of a Pokémon route theme too which might be why I always liked it even when the game had just released.

A couple of these tracks are starting to grow on me though:

The strings on this one in particular are way more engaging to me than this melody was in the original game. I can always count on Smash to make a song come alive with its remixes.

This one just sounds good. Thought it was a bit too repetitive at first but I quite like it now.

I really wish I could play these games but unfortunately from what I've seen the gameplay is way too complex and long for my feeble mind to handle. I wish there was a baby mode...

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I miss @hoping to lose hope - She used to get into a lot of arguments, but it was always fun to send her some kind or metal or edm, which she hated haha.

Reactions: omoidarui and Dr Iron Arc
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I am really a "music salad". I simply listen to everything!
I might be listening to some rock band like The Killers and then some reggaeton and afterwards some japanese music! I'm really random.

Right now, I'm listening lots to some anime openings and endings songs.

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, GenesAndEnvironment and Dr Iron Arc
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Skyrim ambiance, black metal ambience, five finger death punch and disturbed.
I am really a "music salad". I simply listen to everything!
I might be listening to some rock band like The Killers and then some reggaeton and afterwards some japanese music! I'm really random.
Same, I can listen to anything.

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WornOutLife
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
Okay, so have given the Nick Cave / Manson / Pixies / Placebo / Galas / Toyah / Hagen stuff a break (working on a campaign that requires concentration not cocaine; well...) so here comes tranquility and serenity (yeah, yeah whatever...)

nicholas lens flamma flamma / sumus vivinae Fire Requiem

Dead can Dance Lisa Gerrard's

ENJOY! Guns / Shooting / Stars : TriggerHappy XM!GS

<<" That which you resist; persists">> - think someone in N.A shared it...

SLOW & SAD?
You Must Listen to David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive: the lyrics are quietly disturbing.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+sylvian+secrets+of+the+beehive+full+album

esp. Boy with the gun / orpheus / when poets dreamed of angels / waterfront...

On the waterfront the rain
Is pouring in my heart
Here the memories come in waves
Raking in the lost and found of years
And though I'd like to laugh
At all the things that led me on
Somehow the stigma still remains
[Outro]
Is our love strong enough?

- enjoy TriggerHappy guns/shooting/stars

Last edited:
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Right now it's mostly been 90's-mid 2000's r&b

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Been falling in love with trip hop lately. I just like any kind of music that you can just sit and vibe to.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Pink Floyd,The Wall. It's the only music that can pull me back from the abyss!

Reactions: Mentalmick