Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I'm open and honest, so i'll talk about anything, but I've learned I probably shouldn't do that. Sick, fake society.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I feel you on this. Suicide I guess would be number one. They usually freak out a lot. Trauma and any considered heavy topic should be avoided as much as possible too. I suppose they don't like anti system stuff too much maybe ? Depends on the person. Not sure I see the point of surrounding yourself with people you can't be open with but if you have to. I struggle a lot with that too. They usually look for fun people to be around so it might be good to try and be fun first (being a good listener, showing curiosity about them, and finding stuff to compliment them always helps, Carnegie's book has some good points on this subject) then see if you can open up more if the person is trustworth and open minded enough ?

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Weebster, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If you mean non suicidal people, then maybe how horrible life is. People like that will likely never be able to understand as they are not suicidal themselves. They would probably reply with toxic positivity and platitudes so it would be a pointless conversation.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, Weebster and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Politics, religion, and sports would be the biggest discussions to avoid (after suicide ofc, but that one has been mentioned already). The last one might seem like a joke, but it isn't; I once witnessed a couple guys at one of my old jobs get into a screaming match over which team should have won a particular game. As soon as they noticed me trying not to laugh, they immediately parted ways and went back to work like nothing happened.

Reactions: Alex6216 and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I feel you on this. Suicide I guess would be number one. They usually freak out a lot. Trauma and any considered heavy topic should be avoided as much as possible too. I suppose they don't like anti system stuff too much maybe ? Depends on the person. Not sure I see the point of surrounding yourself with people you can't be open with but if you have to. I struggle a lot with that too. They usually look for fun people to be around so it might be good to try and be fun first (being a good listener, showing curiosity about them, and finding stuff to compliment them always helps, Carnegie's book has some good points on this subject) then see if you can open up more if the person is trustworth and open minded enough ?
I often bring up my trauma eventually. It's sad when they say they're fine with hearing it only to not be able to handle it.
If you mean non suicidal people, then maybe how horrible life is. People like that will likely never be able to understand as they are not suicidal themselves. They would probably reply with toxic positivity and platitudes so it would be a pointless conversation.
Yeah I often say "life sucks." or "how do people not kill them selves?" Lol

Reactions: Anxieyote
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I often bring up my trauma eventually. It's sad when they say they're fine with hearing it only to not be able to handle it.

Yeah I often say "life sucks." or "how do people not kill them selves?" Lol
That's normal but that's why it's best to make sure the person is trustworthy and capable of understanding before sharing details. Otherwise you'll have to explain at length and may still not be understood... You can potentially simplify it if necessary.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Anything that doesn't adhere to the status quo.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Marine and Anxieyote
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Normies don't react well to morbid or sad things, so…I guess I won't tell them any details about my personal life under any circumstance. 😅

Reactions: Weebster and Marine
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
What is a "normie"? I feel that is too much of a broad and subjective term to categorize. Even those who seem to be aligned with society in every part of their lives probably have some dissonant opinions regards to politics, music, art, or whatever it may be. I am pretty sure you would be considered as one, in one aspect or another, to someone.

Reactions: No Entertainment
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
What is a "normie"? I feel that is too much of a broad and subjective term to categorize. Even those who seem to be aligned with society in every part of their lives probably have some dissonant opinions regards to politics, music, art, or whatever it may be. I am pretty sure you would be considered as one, in one aspect or another, to someone.
A normie is nueroytpical, never needed medications for any mental-health related issue in their entire life, well-socialized, charismatic, feels comfortable in almost every environment they are in (a bar, a movie theater, the beach, a nightclub, a family event, etc.), has hobbies that fall within the purview of normal human interests (cooking, watching Netflix, hiking, etc.), has never really devoted much thought to morbid subjects like death and dying because they've never really needed to come to terms with their mortality since their lives have been so comfortable and smooth. I also associate the term "normie" with someone who is highly-functional and capable of doing things like getting master's degrees, doctorates, and awards for what they do. Highly-capable and highly-motivated human beings who know exactly how to get what they want in life.

Reactions: Circles, Journeytoletgo, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
A normie is nueroytpical, never needed medications for any mental-health related issue in their entire life, well-socialized, charismatic, feels comfortable in almost every environment they are in (a bar, a movie theater, the beach, a nightclub, a family event, etc.), has hobbies that fall within the purview of normal human interests (cooking, watching Netflix, hiking, etc.), has never really devoted much thought to morbid subjects like death and dying because they've never really needed to come to terms with their mortality since their lives have been so comfortable and smooth. I also associate the term "normie" with someone who is highly-functional and capable of doing things like getting master's degrees, doctorates, and awards for what they do. Highly-capable and highly-motivated human beings who know exactly how to get what they want in life.
It falls back to what I said. There are a lot of people here, for example, that can put a "face on" and live something that resembles a "normal" life, having degrees, jobs, hobbies, and relationships while behind closed doors, they are crumbling into pieces and battling their own demons.

Reactions: No Entertainment
friendofbirds

friendofbirds

Jun 6, 2022
death in general. suicide is an obvious one but in general people get cagey about it.
my mom died back in 2018 and whenever i mention that people who are not grieving get real weird and awkward about it and then people who are are always incredibly kind. ive made the most incredible connections by being honest about my moms death, but i also have had some of the most awkward interactions in my life. its a trade-off i guess

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc