• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Doesn't have to be in specific order, but pls clarify whether it is or not to prevent confusion!

Here is mine in order:

1. "you were never abused/it didn't happen, you're just overexxagerating because you're ill."
2. "Just give it some more time/just be patient, things will improve eventually."
3. "They probably didn't mean it that way, it just feels that way because of your mental ilness"
4. "They didn't mean to traumatize you, they were there to help you."
5. "Suicide isn't the solution because most people can get helped."

As someone who's a victim of abuse by the mental health system "were here to help you.", is definitely the most painful one though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Lostandlooking, sancta-simplicitas and 11 others

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
'Fake it until you make it.' 'Suicide is selfish.' And the biggest 'oh you can get through this you're strong'.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, BrokeN__lil’__girl, FundamentalAspect and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
#1. It gets better 🤬

As previously mentioned....
Suicide is selfish
Suicide isn't the solution

Political 😉

The election was stolen 🤣
January 6th was tourists 🤣

Reactions: permanently tired and heavyeyes
hail

hail

embrace
Jan 27, 2024
"other people have it worse" can fill in all 5 spots for me

• Yay!
Reactions: eatantz, permanently tired, BrokeN__lil’__girl and 3 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
1. All forms of work is absolutely always slavery. Literal slavery. Exact same as being in chains.

2. If someone enjoys their life it's because they're stupid or brainwashed or "over-socialized" or lying

3. Anything suggesting someone's trauma is illegitimate because of its form

4. Men who complain about dating issues are necessarily part of the incel crowd, and conversely that women don't have their own unique challenges in modern dating

5. That healthy people choosing not to do anything with their life are only doing it because they're smarter than everyone, or that it's immoral to be part of a society, or any reason that generalizes everyone else. It's fine if that's how you want to live but it doesn't mean others are wrong for trying to build something.

• Love
Reactions: Eternal Eyes, heavyeyes, Arachno and 4 others
K

Kavka

Jun 11, 2024
These are not the biggest lies, of course, but they make me roll my eyes like nothing else.
  • What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
  • Everything happens for a reason.
  • You can be/do anything you want if you just try hard enough.
  • What goes around comes around.
  • The customer is always right.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: untothedepths, heavyeyes, Lostandlooking and 7 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
1. Adults are free
2. Suicide is always wrong no matter what
3. Work isn't modern day slavery
4. Life is beautiful for every human being
5. Being a neet is bad

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, eatantz, BrokeN__lil’__girl and 4 others
BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!
May 10, 2023
1. I care about you
2. I love you
3. There's always hope
4. You're beautiful
5. Everything is going to be alright

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Lostandlooking, sancta-simplicitas and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
1. Adults are free
2. Suicide is always wrong no matter what
3. Work isn't modern day slavery
4. Life is beautiful for every human being
5. Being a neet is bad
Adults are not free. If anything, they're the opposite. I think that people have a hard time differentiating between independence and freedom, and usually confuse the two. Independence is responsibility, not freedom

Reactions: heavyeyes, sancta-simplicitas, eatantz and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Tenacity will always bear fruit x5.

Reactions: heavyeyes, ijustwishtodie and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
1) I'm a good or even a kind person. (A lot of people confuse my fear of conflict with kindness. They also try to say the fact that I hate myself must mean I am actually really nice when really I just can't find it in me to hate most other people more)
2) I'm physically attractive or that any of my features are physically attractive (except for my height. I'll concede that 6 feet is above average even though I know many people who are taller).
3) I am intelligent (I know I'm not because I constantly make stupid mistakes all the time and I enjoy stupid things and I have stupid opinions and beliefs.)
4) I have so much potential (even if I did, I already wasted too much of my life at 30 years old. Any potential I still may have would only last me maybe like 10-15 more years anyway)
5) I deserve good things (no the fuck I don't.)

Maybe these aren't technically lies because they're usually coming from good intentions or simply being misinformed, but deep in my heart I know the truth. I know I'm so much worse than people think and the only people who could convince me otherwise rightfully don't care about me.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
It's both.
That's just a lie that society fed you. There's no freedom in being a wageslave. You're a slave to the system for the rest of your life. True freedom is freedom from responsibilities

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Adults are not free. If anything, they're the opposite. I think that people have a hard time differentiating between independence and freedom, and usually confuse the two. Independence is responsibility, not freedom
Exactly. Independence isn't freedom at all. At best, it would be a tiny fraction of freedom by being free from controlling parents but this isn't equivalent to being free overall. And, besides, a lot of people can already do things on their own (small, trivial things of course) as they don't have controlling parents. Being free means being able to do whatever you want without any obligations to partake in an action that you don't want to do. Most people aren't free and never will be (until they are dead)

Reactions: sserafim
permanently tired

permanently tired

Too exhausted to try again
Nov 8, 2023
"Other people will be sad if you die"
I'm supposed to live for other people then? Ok. 😐

jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
There's no freedom in being a wageslave
When you're dependent on other people they're the ones who get to decide how you live. There's no freedom there.

I guess the question is how you define freedom. I don't know if anyone can be free in an absolute sense in life. But having an income enables you to control your overall circumstances to a significantly greater extent than you would be able to otherwise. It's reasonable that many people find the tradeoff that is wageslavery (as you put it) a worthwhile one.

You're a slave to the system
I'm choosing to be a slave to the system over being a slave to my parents' rules and demands. Not saying that it's objectively the right decision. But with this logic, one's a slave in some sense either way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Message In A Bottle, derpyderpins and 1 other person
I

imissmycat

Jul 19, 2024
I don't know if I can think of five. Right now I'm bothered by the implicit lie that I grew up believing of "you'll find someone and you'll be happy with them forever."

At least I took this as a promise growing up. Having finally tried relationships I've lost hope and run out of goals in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Lostandlooking and kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
"We love you for who you are" - said by my parents. If they found out I was an ex muslim they'd kick me out

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, ijustwishtodie, jar-baby and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
1) I'm a good or even a kind person. (A lot of people confuse my fear of conflict with kindness. They also try to say the fact that I hate myself must mean I am actually really nice when really I just can't find it in me to hate most other people more)
2) I'm physically attractive or that any of my features are physically attractive (except for my height. I'll concede that 6 feet is above average even though I know many people who are taller).
3) I am intelligent (I know I'm not because I constantly make stupid mistakes all the time and I enjoy stupid things and I have stupid opinions and beliefs.)
4) I have so much potential (even if I did, I already wasted too much of my life at 30 years old. Any potential I still may have would only last me maybe like 10-15 more years anyway)
5) I deserve good things (no the fuck I don't.)

Maybe these aren't technically lies because they're usually coming from good intentions or simply being misinformed, but deep in my heart I know the truth. I know I'm so much worse than people think and the only people who could convince me otherwise rightfully don't care about me.
For 1, 3, and 4, I'd chock it up to how low our modern society has set expectations lol. I am probably one of the people you're thinking of who says those things but people can be so bad, just the absence of cruelness, stupidity, or incompetence puts you a good bit above average.

"We love you for who you are" - said by my parents. If they found out I was an ex muslim they'd kick me out
Absolutely. You love who you think I am. You might still say you love me if I were very different, but you wouldn't really, or at least not nearly as much.

• Love
Reactions: kinderbueno
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
For 1, 3, and 4, I'd chock it up to how low our modern society has set expectations lol. I am probably one of the people you're thinking of who says those things but people can be so bad, just the absence of cruelness, stupidity, or incompetence puts you a good bit above average.
Cruelness, stupidity, and incompetence I've got in spades. In my stupidity I sometimes fall short in explaining just how low I am or can get. Then again I suppose anyone who's telling me I don't have these things isn't exactly lying, it just means I haven't made them fully aware and that's my fault.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Absolutely. You love who you think I am. You might still say you love me if I were very different, but you wouldn't really, or at least not nearly as much.
That's the perfect way to phrase it. I love them but they won't love me

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby and derpyderpins
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
1. Your pretty
2. Your not weird just unique
3. I know you have autism but you can still act normal
4. Just apply yourself
5. It's your fault your depressed stop thinking about negative things

• Love
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
This is so relatable. All love is conditional. Unconditional love doesn't exist. Most muslims would always choose an imaginary god and a pedo prophet over their own family. They've been trained to put islam first before family

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby and kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
This is so relatable. All love is conditional. Unconditional love doesn't exist. Most muslims would always choose an imaginary god and a pedo prophet over their own family. They've been trained to put islam first before family
This is so true. They claim to be the most tolerant, peaceful people but immediatley treat you like crap if you don't agree with their personal beliefs. Are you an ex muslim?
1. Your pretty
2. Your not weird just unique
3. I know you have autism but you can still act normal
4. Just apply yourself
5. It's your fault your depressed stop thinking about negative things
2,3 and 5 are very relatable. I'm autistic and it's so frustrating that people don't understand that I cant be like them. Number 5 hits hard because that's just what my parents say to me all the time

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
This is so true. They claim to be the most tolerant, peaceful people but immediatley treat you like crap if you don't agree with their personal beliefs. Are you an ex muslim?
The "religion of peace" isn't peaceful at all. I have to pretend to follow their religion even though I can't care less about their stupid beliefs. Yes, I'm an ex muslim. I've concluded that islam, like all other religions, is man made

• Hugs
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
5) "Your trauma makes you stronger." - No the fuck it doesn't, whoever says this, I really hope they can pull their head out of their ass because this doesn't sound motivational at all.
4) "Be grateful because you don't have to deal with (x, y, z)" - Yeah, I can be grateful for that while still feeling like shit about my current situation. I understand whoever says this is trying to be helpful, but it's overused and falls on deaf ears.
3) "God/Buddha/Muhammad/(insert gods here)will help you heal." - What about the atheists and agnostics that don't believe in a God or Goddess? Are those groups just fucked? What about those who don't give a shit about religion? Are they fucked too?
2) "Stop being so negative!" - Then give me something to be positive about! I hate it whenever my mother says this because she never gives me anything to follow up with and most people who say this don't provide any meaningful alternative.
1) "You can't take constructive criticism." - Then maybe you should ask if I'm receptive to feedback before providing critique and even then, just be more mindful of how you word things. It may take me a while to process how things are said and worded so don't expect me to respond correctly the first time around.

Reactions: permanently tired
danishstarlight

danishstarlight

may the stars guide you.
May 29, 2023
1. "I'm sorry"
2. "I love you"
3. "I understand"
4. "I believe you"
5. "I like you"

• Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
The "religion of peace" isn't peaceful at all. I have to pretend to follow their religion even though I can't care less about their stupid beliefs. Yes, I'm an ex muslim. I've concluded that islam, like all other religions, is man made
Same I also have to pretend and it kills me everyday. Is it okay if I DM you? I'm interested in hearing more about your experiences as an ex muslim because I've never spoken to another ex muslim before. I completely understand if you don't want to

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Same I also have to pretend and it kills me everyday. Is it okay if I DM you? I'm interested in hearing more about your experiences as an ex muslim because I've never spoken to another ex muslim before. I completely understand if you don't want to
Sure, you can dm me. We can talk about this further and share experiences and stuff. I don't know if my dms are even open so, if they aren't, feel free to let me know

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
1. "Help is always avaliable"
2. "Help is always avaliable"
3. "Help is always avaliable"
4. "Help is always avaliable"
5. Idk... People tend to say that pickles are good. They are not. I'm sure they mean no harm though.
Doesn't have to be in specific order, but pls clarify whether it is or not to prevent confusion!

Here is mine in order:

1. "you were never abused/it didn't happen, you're just overexxagerating because you're ill."
2. "Just give it some more time/just be patient, things will improve eventually."
3. "They probably didn't mean it that way, it just feels that way because of your mental ilness"
4. "They didn't mean to traumatize you, they were there to help you."
5. "Suicide isn't the solution because most people can get helped."

As someone who's a victim of abuse by the mental health system "were here to help you.", is definitely the most painful one though.
Ngl, number 4 makes my blood boil.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Lostandlooking