Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
I have SN but antiemetics seem way harder to get. I know that you need a prescription so that equals a doctor visit. Where you would have to lie. So what would be the best thing to say to get prescribed the desired antiemetics for SN?

Reactions: stuckinthemud
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
There are online pharmacies that will prescribe them with very little effort.

If you are going to your GP or family physician, make sure to mention that you have tried OTC drugs and they haven't worked. That way there is a greater chance they will prescribe you meto. It's not guaranteed though.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I went to my dr's and said I had been drinking more than normal to cope with issues at home. Told them I had stopped the drinking because of stomach pains and that I felt nauseous still after every meal. I specifically told them i was looking for Zofran or something similar. Worked like a charm.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I went to my dr's and said I had been drinking more than normal to cope with issues at home. Told them I had stopped the drinking because of stomach pains and that I felt nauseous still after every meal. I specifically told them i was looking for Zofran or something similar. Worked like a charm.
Did you get Zofran from your doctor? Ain't that OTC and the wrong kind of antiemetic

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I have Zofran but I'm wondering how I could get meto as well

S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Same dilemma here. I filled out an econsult form with for my GP and I'm awaiting a call back,stated feeling nauseous and headaches-hopefully I can persuade him to prescribe me domperidone, I'm going to say a family member takes it and it was recommended to me and see what he says
Did you get Zofran from your doctor? Ain't that OTC and the wrong kind of antiemetic
Reading the guides here they recommend a dopamine blocker antiemetic as suppose to be more effective . But some have taken other things and been fine

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Just use online pharmacy, bit more expensive but less hassle.

Trying to see a doctor here is harder than getting time with the pope.

Escape Artist

Escape Artist

Jun 3, 2019
What worked for me: told the doctor that another doctor prescribed meto a while back and it worked well. There was some slight resistance since there are more drawbacks to meto than other nausea meds, but this worked.