B

bob mcbob

Feb 19, 2021
I love my little dog to pieces - he's been with me a few years and is the only thing keeping me alive. I dont want him here when I ctb but I'm not sure if I should give him up for adoption ahead of time; if I failed at ctb or changed my mind last minute but he was gone, I'd be heartbroken.

I'm just not sure what to do. Whenever I ctb I want to make sure he has a good loving home.

• Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape, The Lonely and Dead Meat
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
That's a tough one because you don't want to tip anyone off that you're about to kill yourself. Can you arrange for a friend to take him, say that you have to go away for a few days or a week? That way, if you fail, then you can take him back and not raise suspicions. If you're successful, well then how can your friend refuse to give your dog a loving home? Don't know if this is possible but that's the best I can come up with.

Last edited:
B

bob mcbob

Feb 19, 2021
That's a tough one because you don't want to tip anyone off that you're about to kill yourself. Can you arrange for a friend to take him, say that you have to go away for a few days or a week? That way, if you fail, then you can take him back and not raise suspicions. If you're successful, well then how can your friend refuse to give your dog a loving home? Don't know if this is possible but that's the best I can come up with.
That's a possibility.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
When you take on a dog you take him/her for their natural lifetime then once their gone you're free to ctb!

B

bob mcbob

Feb 19, 2021
When you take on a dog you take him/her for their natural lifetime then once their gone you're free to ctb!
I agree, but he's going to live another decade or more (hopefully) and by that point this disease (physical and mental) will have crippled me; there's no way I'll survive another ten years.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: The Lonely and LONE WOLF.
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
This is a tough one. He probably loves you so much - the purest, most unconditional love there is. The only thing I can literally think of is to ask a friend or family member to watch him for a few days, you can think up some excuse. If you fail, just take him back. If you succeed, I'm sure they would keep the dog for you in your memory. Though if you have nobody in your life you trust to look after him, the only other option is to rehome him to a shelter, I guess. Though that breaks my heart. Ah, this whole situation does. I'm sorry you're in this predicament.

Reactions: The Lonely and LONE WOLF.
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I agree, but he's going to live another decade or more (hopefully) and by that point this disease (physical and mental) will have crippled me; there's no way I'll survive another ten years.
Dogs Trust have a scheme called "A CANINE CARE CARD" You should look into to, it's free and you get a yellow credit card sized yellow card that you carry around in your wallet/purse that states that in the event of your death they will take in and care for your dog for the rest of its natural life, and they operate on a NO KILL Policy! Just call them up and ask for a application form and they'll send you a card within 2 weeks, then your Dog will be taken care off! Problem sorted! Hope this helps! P.S l have one in my wallet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathbydemo
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
Dogs Trust have a scheme called "A CANINE CARE CARD" You should look into to, it's free and you get a yellow credit card sized yellow card that you carry around in your wallet/purse that states that in the event of your death they will take in and care for your dog for the rest of its natural life, and they operate on a NO KILL Policy! Just call them up and ask for a application form and they'll send you a card within 2 weeks, then your Dog will be taken care off! Problem sorted!
This is great. I really hope this service is available where you are OP!

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
This is great. I really hope this service is available where you are OP!
It's available across the whole of the UK and N.I.
It's available across the whole of the UK and N.I.
The RSPCA also have a similar scheme called "A HOME FOR LIFE" which works in the same way as Dogs Trust Canine Care Card! You can ring them and ask for a application form or go online and request one be sent to your address! Personally I would go to Dogs Trust first! I hope this helps you Bob mcbob, What breed of dog is he and what age?

Attachments

• p-5ef7247a16f0944d1e1c9302-1.jpg
    p-5ef7247a16f0944d1e1c9302-1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Deathbydemo
B

bob mcbob

Feb 19, 2021
Dogs Trust have a scheme called "A CANINE CARE CARD" You should look into to, it's free and you get a yellow credit card sized yellow card that you carry around in your wallet/purse that states that in the event of your death they will take in and care for your dog for the rest of its natural life, and they operate on a NO KILL Policy! Just call them up and ask for a application form and they'll send you a card within 2 weeks, then your Dog will be taken care off! Problem sorted! Hope this helps! P.S l have one in my wallet!
Ah nice, glad you have this service. Doesn't look like we have this in the US but I'll see what we do have.