GoPeaceful

GoPeaceful

Message me if you need someone to talk to :)
May 14, 2018
I feel totally numb inside, nothings seems to touch me anymore. It's such a pain, I can't even describe it. Has anyone else felt like that before? How have you overcome this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Skathon, essic. and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I feel totally numb inside, nothings seems to touch me anymore. It's such a pain, I can't even describe it. Has anyone else felt like that before? How have you overcome this?
Hey, I'm sure most people here have felt this but I'm sure no one knows what to do either cause I sure don't. It's like after a certain point of feeling like this it's hard to turn back. The only thing that has ever 'helped' I guess was being outside being around nature simply taking a walk or hike to get away. Another suggestion might be that you may have anhedonia which is the inability to enjoy anything and feel numb because of it. There's an anhedonia subreddit on Reddit that may give other suggestions like trying different meds. Also it doesn't have to be anhedonia related it could be just what happens after being depressed for a long time or other factors like simply that emptiness is part of the human condition and such. Ultimately everything feels empty to me too so apologies if what I say doesn't help. Just know people understand, it just fucking sucks almost nothing can help with this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, GoPeaceful, essic. and 1 other person
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
I just have to say that I thought your title said "What to do against inner dumbass".

Appropriately enough; if I laugh at enough shit, that feeling subsides somewhat. Smelling nature helps a little too. Just the smell of the woods gives me something to appreciate.

Reactions: GoPeaceful
Fear191829218

Fear191829218

Jun 16, 2020
Find a way to turn yourself into a pickle.

Just so that you can pikill yourself.

(A little reference to your profile picture hehe)

On a serious note, I have no idea how to deal with the eternal numbness, maybe just accept it. I find humor and making jokes to be a good coping mechanism :)

Reactions: Finis Autem Spero and GoPeaceful