• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
I can't buy online anything cause my parents go through mail, I wanted to ask if i go into equipment store to buy a rope, what additional item i should by not to make so obvious? Maybe hanging with a very long cord should work?

Reactions: mold
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
A swing? Do you have a cat? Then a block of wood and tell it's for the scratching posts. And ask them not to be so invasive, because that does not help. When I was around eighteen, and brought home some questionable stuff, I got the looks, but got never interrogated. And those rare occasions I was asked things, I just told everyone to shut up and go mind their own business.

Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
I bought rope twice and anyone who would have given a rat's ass could have guessed what for
But no one does at least not enough to deny you a service by not selling
In other words you don't need a prescription to buy a rope

• Love
Reactions: Powderedmonster, fister, Dartz and 8 others
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Unless your cashier is suicidal they're not even going to imagine the possibility that it could be used for hanging. If you get a kinky cashier they might imagine the rope will be used for bondage. So buy a ping pong paddle with it as one might like some spanking to go with that bondage!

• Love
Reactions: Kira, Dartz, ExitTheDay and 13 others
K

Karen

Jun 30, 2019
I bought a rope and said I wanted to do a swing. So they sold me a sturdy rope that supports a person's weight. I live in a poor country so no one suspected anything, this kind of swing made with rope and a piece of wood or an old tire is very common.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fastFWD, not_a_robot, jake3d and 2 others
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Nobody's gonna guess you're using it for the purpose you're using it for
I bought a rope and nothing else from home Depot. Nobody irl is gonna react like that BuzzFeed video lol. It's just a rope. There's thousands of purposes for it
That's your own brain messing up

Reactions: fastFWD, jake3d, mold and 1 other person
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
If you act casually nobody will even think twice about it. They sell ropes for very legitimate reasons. Unless you announce you're going to kill yourself with it you'll be totally fine.

Reactions: jake3d, mold and Soul
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
I can't buy online anything cause my parents go through mail, I wanted to ask if i go into equipment store to buy a rope, what additional item i should by not to make so obvious? Maybe hanging with a very long cord should work?

Pulleys and block and tackle. Tell them you read an article about one man lifting several hundreds pounds of gear by himself and you thought it looked cool and wanted to understand the engineering? Just a thought. Let me chew on it for a bit and see what else comes to mind s'ok?

WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
Rope can be and is used for like a gazillion things.
If it helps easy your mind, when most people see rope, they probably don't even give it a second thought.
You really are overthinking it.
Regardless, if none of whats being said here helps and if you still feel like someones gonna know, just think or perhaps even google rope usage and see what goes with you, then purchase that along with the rope. Even if its just for your peace of mind.

Reactions: fastFWD, not_a_robot and mold
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Buy it from a boating supply store, people are always getting random bits of rope there. Plus a lot more variety! I'd recommend a larger diameter for comfort ~1" would be nice, probably braided nylon or polyester would be the most comfortable and cost effective, avoid the hard plastic or most natural fibers as those can be rough. Sometimes they even have sales or ends of spools where it's dirt cheap or almost free.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeenDoneForSoLong, ExitTheDay and fastFWD
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
honestly man ive used a towel and sheet for practice and it worked. many prisoners hang themselves with sheets so a rope might not be necessary.

Reactions: fastFWD, not_a_robot and mold
T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
Don't worry bought a rope today!!!

Reactions: fastFWD and not_a_robot
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I never had a problem when I bought a rope. Nobody would care, except if you make a noose into it before pay it...

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
I never had a problem when I bought a rope. Nobody would care, except if you make a noose into it before pay it...

I bet not even then. Might do this for fun this weekend and report back.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: fastFWD, Lady black and not_a_robot
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I bought 8mm climbing rope. If they have to ask what it's for, then there's no hope for them.

Reactions: Circles
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Just don't ask for a rope in a noose. They might get suspicious.

LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
If it's a department store you could buy a diary for 2020 as well.

Reactions: deadalready and dreamsofdestruction
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Buy an avocado and a roll of duct tape, that will get them thinking.

BeenDoneForSoLong

BeenDoneForSoLong

Can't wait to be another statistic
Feb 6, 2019
I have basically always had rope in the back of my car. If anyone asks I just say it's for spear fishing (which I did used to do). Maybe just keep some flippers or some shit with the rope once you buy it. But as for buying it? You don't need to buy anything else. Just don't dress SUPER shitty and be covered in dirt smelling like alcohol? People buy rope. It happens, not all of them are necking themselves.

Edit: I'm are the original poster allready bought the rope. I'm just replying in case other people are having similar thoughts.

Last edited: