bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
I was reading The Body Keeps The Score and the book goes over how the therapist spent some time with college students and in the nighttime they'd vent to him about the terrible acts that was committed to them during childhood, the book also goes over a little how many feel more comforted during nighttime. With this information in mind: i wanted to ask everyone on the thread what time of the day/night is most comforting to them cuz' even though the book goes over nighttime specifically i've also seen threads on this very same site saying how the nighttime scares them. (That, and fear of the dark is one of the most common fears in human beings, especially children.)

in case you wanted my opinion: i think nighttime, around 3:20 is most relaxing. The atmosphere of being completely alone and in darkness brings some peace to my mind. I don't care much for nature or other people (antisocial) so i like times where no one is awake to bother me with their presence, and i don't mind not getting to see the trees or anything like that very well.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case, the only thing that I find comforting is the thought of no longer existing, but I have always preferred the night time to the day.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle and bubo
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Nighttime, definitely. There's so much more pressure and commotion during the day, it's loud, bright, more people are out and causing problems like they do... nighttime is just calmer all-around. Not that I can leave the house or anything anyway because of how ill I am, but still... I've always preferred night over day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, bubo and lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Watching the sun go down lil by lil is very comforting to me.

Sun rises are pretty but once that ball of hellfire is up in the sky my anxiety increases.

Reactions: bubo
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
No doubt it's night time...idk if my Circadian Rhythm is off (probably is) but I always have more energy at night.

Less active too since everyone is settling down for the night which leaves more time for myself.

Reactions: bubo
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I would say nighttime since that is traditionally the best time for me, but mornings are full of so much possibility; I enjoy that if I get enough sleep.

• Love
Reactions: bubo and nightnightnitrite
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Nighttime in a sense where that's the only socially acceptable time for me to sleep, and sleep is the only time where my mind is silent.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and bubo
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
It use to be the morning but now it's the night because less people are out and can't see me. I wish all 24 hour grocery stores were open again so I could shop in peace and quiet.

Reactions: bubo and lofticries
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
After 8

• Hugs
Reactions: nightnightnitrite and bubo
D

Dida

Apr 15, 2019
Mornings, I really don't know why.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marine and nightnightnitrite
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Mornings ☀️ My apartment gets direct sunlight in the morning and it's really beautiful. The air is also fresher and it makes me feel hopeful about the possibilities of the day to come, plus I love my morning coffee ☕ It feels most relaxing yet energizing at the same time 🙂

Reactions: Dida
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
The couple of hours before dawn, when I begin my daily reading and writing.

B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
Night. I've always been a night owl for some reason and I have more energy during that time. There's been many times where I'm tired during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down and darkness sets I'm brimming with energy again.

Reactions: Yavannah
WhitePill

WhitePill

Pilferer
Jul 27, 2022
100% nightime around 12am-2am. I feel more comfortable both inside and outside the house because I know that other people are not as active. Similar feeling with winter vs summer.