Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Sounds reliable or too risky? Hanging is out of the picture now.

F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022
Absolutely not reliable. It's not just about what speed you go, it's about what you hit. At least in the U.S., roadways are generally designed to make it hard for people to hit something in a manner that could end their life.

• Love
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, elbjr, 710 and 1 other person
elbjr

elbjr

TorturedSoul
Apr 8, 2022
Way too many variables, almost impossible to calculate. You could hurt others or hurt yourself in a very painful way without dying. I'd say this is the best way to achieve a worst-case scenario.

• Love
Reactions: toxictunes, Rabbit50, ornitier199 and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
0, if the car that crashes into you is big enough and you're in a tiny car.

Reactions: Anónimo
Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
0, if the car that crashes into you is big enough and you're in a tiny car.
I was thinking more about crashing into a concrete wall. I wouldn't want to involve anyone in a crash

Reactions: Jezzibell, elbjr and Dr Iron Arc
elbjr

elbjr

TorturedSoul
Apr 8, 2022
I was thinking more about crashing into a concrete wall. I wouldn't want to involve anyone in a crash

I still believe it's too risky. But I'm speaking of a place of paranoia of a worst-case scenario. The worst thing that can happen for me is to be in even more pain and still alive. People have survived the most remarkable accidents. I'd much rather jump from a tall building. Very tall..

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and Anónimo
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think in that case unless you can disable your airbag and forgo a seatbelt, you can't really die in a crash while driving in the driver's seat due to the modern safety standards unless you're going well over 100 miles an hour at the moment of impact. You might get severely injured but will likely still survive if you have those things. Removing those things might lower the required speed though.

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
I think in that case unless you can disable your airbag and forgo a seatbelt, you can't really die in a crash while driving in the driver's seat due to the modern safety standards unless you're going well over 100 miles an hour at the moment of impact. You might get severely injured but will likely still survive if you have those things. Removing those things might lower the required speed though.
Thanks
I still believe it's too risky. But I'm speaking of a place of paranoia of a worst-case scenario. The worst thing that can happen for me is to be in even more pain and still alive. People have survived the most remarkable accidents. I'd much rather jump from a tall building. Very tall..
I understand the "paranoia", it makes sense. We try to go as peacefully as possible without living through brain damage.

DrownFeather

DrownFeather

The proudest communist feather ever
Apr 7, 2022
Too risky, and probably will suffer long severe consequences such as being paralyzed

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, Anónimo and BrokenBliss
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Surviving a car crash could leave you paralyzed, among other horrors. That for me would be worse than my current life. A true living hell.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and Anónimo
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
A possible method involving a car is driving into something with space at the bottom, up to just above the hood, that takes the car's (and your) top half off. Feels like it'd be pretty quick, like a guillotine almost...the issue would be finding somewhere with that one metre-ish gap and a runup long enough to get you to speed. Hopefully people can picture what I mean

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I understand being desperate. Not really a good method though.

H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Please don't do this. I understand that you're in pain.

• Love
Reactions: Anónimo and Freedomindeath4me
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
Are you serious? You know this isn't a good method. Do you like crunching hard metal and glass being thrusted into your body? You can't be serious, it's very obvious why crashing your car would be a bad idea. You already know all the variables, why etc. etc. etc. Give me a break.

Reactions: Riddle and Anónimo
A

ArcherFiles44

Mar 20, 2022

Sounds reliable or too risky? Hanging is out of the picture now.
It's not like you have to go 100 mpr, but it doesn't sound too reliable because of outside factors like what are you crashing into and will there be collateral damage.

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
My problem with this sort of idea—and by no means would I want to guilt or make you feel worse—is that someone else has to come along and clean up after. And car wrecks are hard to clean up. There are less drastic means, surely…

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Ask Aubrey McClendon. He definitely knew the answer to this.

If you can get ahold of his number in the world that is next from this one he might also be able to answer the question "how much methane is enough to make the whole world civilization blow a gasket ".