carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
preferably a concise straight forward pathway. for example bachelor of science -> mbchb -> radiology specialty . i just need a path that will take me to 80k a year not really anything crazy or at least a job that will ensure im employed like a trade?

i need inspiration im 19 and have no idea what to do with my life, i am really really into sh these days and i just want some sort of purpose or goal since im too pathetic to think of my own.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
You can take some self-assessments for this. From there, narrow down the pie-in-the-sky basketweaving shit that pays like crap to the professions that make good money. In the US, engineering or something medical would offer the best opportunity for the $$$.

• Love
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
When I read the title, I was going to suggest the Kanji Study app on Google Play, but now that I've read the OP, I'm clueless.

Reactions: Celerity
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Depends on your area. Trade work is good money, hard on your body over time. You can look into Workaway or WWOOFing if that is within your means so that you may collect a wide range of experiences to learn more about yourself. Or perhaps forest service--nature is a wonderful antidepressant (imo).

Honestly, I went to college. I did great up until the very end and then collapsed completely. I do not regret it, but sometimes I wish there was someone to guide me when I was younger. I think I would have benefited from some early volunteer work or something to get my mind and body inspired to contribute to this world. As of right npw I am trying to manifest that later in life and it is difficult.

Good luck

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Celerity
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
l
When I read the title, I was going to suggest the Kanji Study app on Google Play, but now that I've read the OP, I'm clueless.
lol i meant more career wise , i already know enough kanji to navigate streets for the record anyways haha
You can take some self-assessments for this. From there, narrow down the pie-in-the-sky basketweaving shit that pays like crap to the professions that make good money. In the US, engineering or something medical would offer the best opportunity for the $$$.
any assessments you reccomend? i dont really enjoy anything so whenever i take these the result isnt exactly guiding.

• Love
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
If you are in college, your school's career center may be able to help with this. Mine actually had a course devoted to it. There are also books that purport to help.

I did not get a lot out of it myself, but a lot of people find the Strength Finder test helpful.
Amazon product ASIN 159562015X
You may also benefit from reading about different careers, some of them quite niche. Amazon product ASIN B088C357GV
This book was written in 2018, so some of the advice may be outdated, but I found it to be interesting and to offer a more realistic (and perhaps life-affirming) perspective than most career books. The author has you consider whether a given career will actually make you happy based upon important factors like stress, task variety, upward mobility, and workforce demand. Do I have the perfect personality for my intended career? Probably not, but it is in high demand, pays well, and is very flexible if I want to move on to something else. That is enough for me. My career does not need to fulfill me.

• Love
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
it depends. what are your interests?

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
it depends. what are your interests?
nothing.... i can fake a interest i just wanna kinda get told what to do so i can wrap my head aroudn and just do it and stop being pathetic and worthless

real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
nothing.... i can fake a interest i just wanna kinda get told what to do so i can wrap my head aroudn and just do it and stop being pathetic and worthless
aww there are plenty of things im sure you'd like you just need to find out what they are. the world is to interesting to just want to do a repetitive job. do you watch any particular types of youtube videos? aren't you somewhat interested in history, politics, science, or art? i guess you like anime/manga from your profile pic although i'm not really sure you could get a job to do with that...
also why do you think you are pathetic and worthless? you seem nice to me :D

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
aww there are plenty of things im sure you'd like you just need to find out what they are. the world is to interesting to just want to do a repetitive job. do you watch any particular types of youtube videos? aren't you somewhat interested in history, politics, science, or art? i guess you like anime/manga from your profile pic although i'm not really sure you could get a job to do with that...

also why do you think you are pathetic and worthless? you seem nice to me :D
yeah games and manga dont really translate to careers :/ kinda embarassing tbh but im pathetic and worthless cuz im 19 and ive done nothing with no plans of doing anything:/