tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I arrived at the Airbnb. I specifically chose this one to ctb in since reviews said that its the only apartment in this house, since the apartment above this one is currently getting renovated. The last review that mentioned this was from five days ago, so I thought this would be perfect.

The first suprise was that I didn't get a code for the door like it was mentioned, they just asked me to ring the doorbell. I thought maybe there would be someone waiting at the Airbnb for some odd reason. But as soon as I arrived and rang the doorbell I heard a dog barking, and a very friendly woman opened the door.
Turns out; this sweet woman is actually the owner of the Airbnb, and someday during this five-day span since the last review she actually MOVED IN WITH HER THREE KIDS AND HER DOG.
I have been crying for the past two hours. This is not what I imagined, I wouldn't even care that much but I actually can hear them talking in their apartment, thats how poor the sound-isolation here is.
I'm uncomfortable, I'm scared that they'll hear me making noises after I've taken the SN. I really wanted to leave in the morning, and I don't know what to do now, I feel completely lost, I'm scared and stressed and I'm so sick of life playing its little games with me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, suffocatingseraphim, boddibo and 12 others
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I suggest you abort for now. Waste of money, I know.

Might be safer to pick a large hotel for any future attempt. Unfortunately, some unlucky person will have to find the body but better a hotel employee than a mother with young kids in tow.

Reactions: boddibo, CasTheFriendlyGhost, voidstar and 8 others
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
To me it would be like a sign. You were close to reaching your goal and life threw one more curveball at you. Why would that happen? Either you were about to finally escape or maybe now isn't the time/place.

I agree with @Old Friend and would try a large hotel if possible.
Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slow_Farewell and MrFreshTheCat
MrFreshTheCat

MrFreshTheCat

Im tired, I love cats <3
Jan 9, 2024
I agree with the other comment, as you said the sound isolation is bad, with SN you will probably vomit even if you take meto and they will probably check on you, I wouldnt risk it, try to calm down and I send you all the love, im here if you want to chat :heart:

tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I suggest you abort for now. Waste of money, I know.

Might be safer to pick a large hotel for any future attempt. Unfortunately, some unlucky person will have to find the body but better a hotel employee than a mother with young kids in tow.
I agree with @Old Friend and would try a large hotel if possible.
Best of luck with whatever you decide<3
I agree with the other comment, as you said the sound isolation is bad, with SN you will probably vomit even if you take meto and they will probably check on you, I wouldnt risk it, try to calm down and I send you all the love, im here if you want to chat :heart:
Thank you for sharing your advice 💛 I guess deep down I already knew the answer to this, realizing that I'll have to go back home tomorrow just hurts like hell.. I feel so miserable, but I want to be comfortable while leaving, and this just isn't right. I will probably try to take a shower or something and get some sleep.. again, thank you, also for your kind words, they mean a lot to me 🫂💛
To me it would be like a sign. You were close to reaching your goal and life threw one more curveball at you. Why would that happen? Either you were about to finally escape or maybe now isn't the time/place.
I appreciate this a lot, even tho it definitely wasn't the first thought I had in mind when I realized what was going on. Maybe it is some kind of sign, and if this really shouldn't be my time and place and still things won't improve, I can just try again. I guess I'll try to look up some big hotels near me.. this is a hard pill to swallow, I have to admit. I have a hard time trying to calm down :c

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, CasTheFriendlyGhost, Old Friend and 2 others
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Thank you for sharing your advice 💛 I guess deep down I already knew the answer to this, realizing that I'll have to go back home tomorrow just hurts like hell.. I feel so miserable, but I want to be comfortable while leaving, and this just isn't right. I will probably try to take a shower or something and get some sleep.. again, thank you, also for your kind words, they mean a lot to me 🫂💛

I appreciate this a lot, even tho it definitely wasn't the first thought I had in mind when I realized what was going on. Maybe it is some kind of sign, and if this really shouldn't be my time and place and still things won't improve, I can just try again. I guess I'll try to look up some big hotels near me.. this is a hard pill to swallow, I have to admit. I have a hard time trying to calm down :c
Of course. I'm sorry this even happened I can imagine it's extremely frustrating.
I hope your next location works out better if you give it another try. Here for a chat if you need<3

Nortu

Nortu

Longing for an ending
Apr 7, 2023
Yikes thats quite unfortunate of a situation to end up in. Agreed with what the others are saying about postponing it until you arrive someplace you're not to be disturbed or feel uncomfortable doing it at. Another day is sure to work out better for you. Hope you're doing alright enough with the delay ❤️

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
Vielleicht ist es ein Zeichen, vielleicht auch nicht.
Auf jeden Fall (noch) nicht das Ende der Welt. Versuch runter zu kommen und dich irgendwie mit etwas angenehmen zu entspannen bzw abzulenken. Eine warme Dusche oder vielleicht ein Bad? Wenn es hilft kannst du dich mit einer Serie ablenken und/oder Essen bestellen?
Fürs nächste Mal auf jeden Fall irgendeine Hotelkette, das war ja mal wirklich unerwartet 😵

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Am sorry, it is an unfortunate situation to be in. It's a good thing you didn't go through with it. Not only would you have been uncomfortable but distracted aswell with a high chance of being interrupted.

It might help to check out the place in person next time If it is possible to do so in your area. Wish you all the best ❤️