Draconian Alone

Draconian Alone

Jul 20, 2024
Never thought I'd be say this on a suicide forum but eee I'm so excited! I've been saving up a good amount for this and have a ~$500 budget.
I was maybe thinking of buying one of those medieval daggers. Of even slowly getting together an actual costume! Wearing leather armor and a mask would be as intimidating as a five foot nothing nerd, but hey, I might pull it off?
So what outfit parts or items should I maybe get? Post your ideas down below!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Honestly, nothing. Most things there are ordered from china and marked up. If you're really looking to put together a costume you can find all the same shit on the internet for cheaper.

Some of the vendors are actual artists/crafters though, so I would try and buy from them.

Draconian Alone

Draconian Alone

Jul 20, 2024
Honestly, nothing. Most things there are ordered from china and marked up. If you're really looking to put together a costume you can find all the same shit on the internet for cheaper.

Some of the vendors are actual artists/crafters though, so I would try and buy from them.
Yeah I'm going to the New York renaissance faire. I've been there a few times and from what I've seen, all of them seem pretty legit. Except for maybe this wooden swords booth but that's up to debate.

fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
Yeah I'm going to the New York renaissance faire. I've been there a few times and from what I've seen, all of them seem pretty legit. Except for maybe this wooden swords booth but that's up to debate.
ive only been to 1 ren faire ever as a kid and it was in ny. so amazing i still remember it well. enjoy yours!

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
You think people are sewing the clothes they sell there? Handmaking the jewelry, weapons, etc? 95% of that stuff is mass produced.

That being said, the ren fair is fun, and I've bought stuff there even though I knew I could find it online cheaper. I guess it's part of the experience.

JohnnySack

JohnnySack

Boss of the Lupertazzi crime family.
Sep 17, 2024
a BIG turkey leg🦃if they have one

Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
If you see a performer you really like you could buy something from them as a memento.
That's what I did when I used to go to ren faires.