WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
"Suicide is cowardly/easy way out" pisses me off the most. Pro-lifer NPC lines like these only show that they don't know or care about someone's suffering, and yet, feeling they are entitled to interfere in somebody else's life, will "save" them to score brownie points.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game and 8 others
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
"You'll get through this..." ::- Nowadays my least favourite platitude!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, MeltedJello, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
''Life is what you make out of it'', ''others have it worse than you'', ''suicide is parmanent solution to temporary problem'', ''you just like to suffer'', ''love yourself so you can be loved by others'' i'll edit this if more come into my mind.

• Love
Reactions: KTbear, Élégie, patheticpartner and 8 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
"It'll get better, it always does"

What a load of rubbish.

• Love
Reactions: pudds, KTbear, Élégie and 14 others
NotStrongEnough

NotStrongEnough

Nihilist extraordinaire
Oct 3, 2021
"It'll get better, it always does"

What a load of rubbish.
It never gets better. We just find better ways to deal with the bullshit.

"life is what you make it". Lies. All lies.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, patheticpartner, MeltedJello and 4 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
"There is always hope" has now become number 1 on my shitlist.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, littlelungs and Cheers
Cheers

Cheers

✨suicide is self-care✨
Oct 8, 2021
In my language the peak of toxic positivity is saying ''There is no problem, only solutions!"
But yeah, honourable mentions to ''it gets better'' and ''suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem'' bc fuck

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, patheticpartner, facel and 4 others
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
:- "what doesn't kill us; will make us stronger..."

I swear, we should go into making mis-fortune cookies (containing way more than just mere trace amounts of arsenic - no repeat business necessary / expected?! :wink: )
Oh wow :: just found out it's already been done!!!

:angry: where's the emoji puking up green vomit?!
- it's my most favourite :: used constantly to describe my daily experiences / interactions / etc.
♤ now I'm really miffed!
*it's those pro-lifers messing with my sanity again, [I'm so easily gas-lightable - I come with my own fire extinguisher!]... or even worse / better [paranoid self-delusions r me /us!]
*it's one of yu SS trollfriends hey..?! I mean I gave u my email & home address & creditcard info & everything : I thought u loved me [was it only for my darkweb contacts!? couldn't have been for my {dodgy designer} underwear, no?!]

One Samhain / Halloween celebr8iton i illustrated & made Voodoo Doll fridge magnets :: with monster pins & dimemberable bits :: loads of fun. (I wrote it off to me learning about 3d printing even! Friends advised that I make microwaveable / freezable dolls even...!? I wanted to expand it into Cluedo type game ("lil'Miss Babysitters' kidneys are hidden in the basement freezer** of the Principal's house, murdered in Satanic (yawn) cult frenzy") **but where are her feet i wonder? Clue :: not in the local dam, they're on the athletics track, coscshes still wearing her jogging trainers!?
I got sidetracked making 'Star Whores' collectable dolls... back then I was 3d designer for k.t.v (nickelodeon-ish kids channel :: warping young minds :: my design career sadly circumvented with a visit to a rehab, then asylum (erm: mental preparedness recovery facility)
Hey if I don't laugh, I'll cry. Oh wait, I am crying.... damn psychmeds makenme feel nothing.
off to oversharers anonymous....!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, patheticpartner, littlelungs and 1 other person
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
"God will never give you more what you can handle"

• Love
Reactions: KTbear, Élégie, patheticpartner and 7 others
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
When someone says "hang in there" I get the sudden urge to hang myself in their front yard.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: symphony, wannaseepenguins, TriggerHappy and 6 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
When someone says "hang in there" I get the sudden urge to hang myself in their front yard.
Are you going to have a sign with that disgusting quote taped on your hanging corpse? Most humans aren't capable of putting two and two together. I picture that optimistic imbecile losing so much shit at the sight in its front yard, it would fill its entire home and drown in it.

Along with the other saccharine verbal diarrhea described by the other posters, here are some more abhorrent phrases that make my blood boil:

"Stay positive!"/"Think positive!"
"Stay strong!"
"Keep trying!"/"Don't give up!"
"Smile!"
"Cheer up!"/"Keep your chin up!"/"Chin up!"
"Life is precious."/"Life is a gift."
"Life is journey."
"Happiness is a choice."
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." -Anne Frank (Fuck you, bitch!)
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you."
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt (Fuck you, you victim-blaming cunt!)
"Pull yourself together."/"Get a hold of yourself."
"Love makes the world go round."
"Man up!"/"Don't be a pussy!"
"Pull yourself by your bootstraps."
"Calm down."
"Take a deep breath."/"Breathe."/"Count to ten."
"Fake it until you make it."
"A smile will open more doors than a frown will."
"Get over it!"
"(Insert offender's name) didn't mean it."/"(Insert offender's name) means well."
"Honor thy mother."/"Honor thy father."
"Family is everything."
"Life is like a box of chocolates."/"Life is a bowl of cherries."
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
"Forgive and forget."
"Forgiveness will set you free."
"I'm sorry you feel that way."
"If everyone around you is an asshole, you're the asshole."
"You're okay."/"You'll be okay."
"Be brave."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, TriggerHappy, patheticpartner and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
"You have to love yourself before someone else can love you."

I don't even care if it's true. I hate this statement because my dumbass self won't understand it and instead insists on craving external romantic love first before it will have the slightest reason to start even remotely liking myself.

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy, patheticpartner, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 3 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
"You have to love yourself before someone else can love you."

I don't even care if it's true. I hate this statement because my dumbass self won't understand it and instead insists on craving external romantic love first before it will have the slightest reason to start even remotely liking myself.
This quote tends to shift the blame onto the unloved individual.

It also disregards the question of whether a human can independently produce their own love, like how an autotrophic organism produces their own energy, without first receiving the proper guidance, attention, and care of human caretakers since infancy.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, patheticpartner, Dr Iron Arc and 3 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift; that is why it is called the present," and "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain," make me want to throw up everything I've ever eaten.

There's also the classic line from a parent: "Be resilient and move forward," which for them really just seemed to mean, "Don't talk about uncomfortable things or 'dwell on' your trauma; just let it fester and destroy your psyche, and then when you try to kill yourself I'm going to tell you that I don't feel sorry for you at all."

Also: "You just need to push through it." I did that my entire pathetic life, and look at where that fucking landed me.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, TriggerHappy, patheticpartner and 5 others
F

facel

No good deed goes unpunished
Aug 23, 2021
''Life is what you make out of it'', ''others have it worse than you'', ''suicide is parmanent solution to temporary problem'', ''you just like to suffer'', ''love yourself so you can be loved by others'' i'll edit this if more come into my mind.
God I hate that one in partcicular. It's along the childish lines of "eat your food, there are kids starving in Africa". My therapist the other day said something similar to me: "other people have it worse, I once had a client who was homeless, a drug addict, and had only £20 to his name". It really pissed me off as it invalidates your feelings/position, so I flippantly replied (very out of character for me), "did you comfort him by telling him you had a client who only had £19?".

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Élégie, littlelungs and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hate it when pro lifers say 'suicide is never the answer'. We have the right to take our lives at a time of our choosing, we have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist. It is our life, our decision and nobody else has any say in it. Only we are experiencing what we are going through anyway. This saying is incorrect as many countries have legalised euthanasia. It is cruel expecting someone to suffer for decades against their wishes. At least in my case it is the only answer, it is the only thing that makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Élégie, patheticpartner and 3 others
existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
"Our thoughts and prayers are with you"

"Sending you some love"

"Jesus is the way"

And anything else that's imaginary.

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Rogue Proxy, patheticpartner and 1 other person
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
God I hate that one in partcicular. It's along the childish lines of "eat your food, there are kids starving in Africa". My therapist the other day said something similar to me: "other people have it worse, I once had a client who was homeless, a drug addict, and had only £20 to his name". It really pissed me off as it invalidates your feelings/position, so I flippantly replied (very out of character for me), "did you comfort him by telling him you had a client who only had £19?".
Wow, that therapist sounds like they need a refresher on empathy ASAP. What a shitty and invalidating thing to say – your comeback was perfect.

I hate when people use other people's piss-poor life circumstances just to make you feel guilty about your own for the sake of "perspective", when all it does is make you less likely to want to talk about your problems and feelings because they've been so grossly invalidated.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, facel, patheticpartner and 4 others