• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I've been wondering tonight. I believe that if someone chooses to go down this path they should evaluate everything rationally beforehand and not act on sudden feelings, I think that's the way people should not be blamed for their own decision, because they are decisions and sensed decisions should be respected, that's what I believe. So here's my question:

Are there problems life will throw at you that one cannot solve? Or do you think all problems are physically solvable if one tries enough? What should be considered enough to justify an end?

My personal answer is that mind determines what one and cannot do, as it's the thing that determines our actions and will after all. So I think that enough would be if your own mind fails to solve the problems on a long term and nothing sufficiently beneficial rises up from there, that's what I believe is the deal-breaker here.

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamorolls
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
Parent separating at an extremely young age, brain is just not developed enough to understand the implications of it in the first place.

Reactions: vak
M

ms-lovely

Jun 22, 2024
What is a simple problem for one may be an impossible dilema for another, it is well understood that people go through problems in a very different manner and it is encouraged to remove yourself from things that are harmful for yourself (toxic people, job that makes you unhappy, etc.) well that being the case even if life can become better and problems can be worked out why would one not be allowed or have the option to not want to go through with it. Life is nothing but an everlasting pursuit of happiness through problem solving, and everyones minds are very different and some may be in constant stress from not being able to cope with any of it to the point where they become a danger to themselves and sometimes to others. Mental illness is real and sometimes its not about the "problem" that may cause one to ctb but more about other complexes factors that may be determining that desire that most times one selves are not aware because how our mind works is what is the most natural to us, which leads to alienation and not feeling understood by others.

Anyways that is just my opinion.

Reactions: SoulWhisperer
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
You can have illnesses or disabilities that can't be cured.
You can have a stalker who won't quit.
The people you love the most can die.
etc.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, Ghostgirl and avoid
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
The problem that can't be solved is having to submit to society and become a wageslave for the rest of your life just to survive. It's insane that my parents and uncle are pressuring me to get a job. It's like they want me to be miserable. I don't dream of labor and it's honestly unfair that this will be my eventual fate unless I rope. I don't understand how people are okay with working their lives away

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Ghostgirl, ToMoveOn and 1 other person
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I've been wondering tonight. I believe that if someone chooses to go down this path they should evaluate everything rationally beforehand and not act on sudden feelings, I think that's the way people should not be blamed for their own decision, because they are decisions and sensed decisions should be respected, that's what I believe. So here's my question:

Are there problems life will throw at you that one cannot solve? Or do you think all problems are physically solvable if one tries enough? What should be considered enough to justify an end?

My personal answer is that mind determines what one and cannot do, as it's the thing that determines our actions and will after all. So I think that enough would be if your own mind fails to solve the problems on a long term and nothing sufficiently beneficial rises up from there, that's what I believe is the deal-breaker here.
There are certainly problems that can not be solved and are likely to be permanent. For example, some physical illnesses, some mental illnesses, some aspects of your external circumstances. If those problems are only minor, then it's probably best just to put up with them. If they are serious and are making someone's life intolerable then ctb may be a rational choice. However it's worth putting quite a lot of effort into trying to solve them (unless the situation is obviously hopeless) before concluding that they are insoluble.
I completely agree that impulsive suicide is almost always a bad idea and should be discouraged.

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, divinemistress36 and AvwJ
lamargue

lamargue

algernon
Jun 5, 2024
really interesting. i somewhat agree with this, although it would be required to demonstrate the limits of articulating these problems. that is, if there is a problem which might ease our own suffering, how can we define or articulate that this specific problem needs to be addressed? moreover, i think many situations like this are conditionals, whose value is determined by ones own adaptability: it's quite simple to say that one should be more diplomatic, for instance, in dealing with people, yet one would have to modify their own behaviour and past rapport in order to fit in and 'mesh' with others, in the same way that we play suck-ups to those in positions of power. one pays a price for social mobility in this case, and instead has to accommodate for the interests of others, which may be only a short-term solution as problems with interpersonal continuity and discontent (conflicting interests in the orbit of the group) abound. we are subject to our own inherent biases, and consequently it is very hard for us to view or predict consequences. we are limited by our architecture.

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Societal issue, one of my biggest reason for not wanting to be here and solving it would be near impossible without collective efforts from a large group of people (which is impossible these days). Like I can go on and on and on about why society sucks and why I want nothing to do with them. Even people who claims their nation to be "holier than thou" have their own issues.

Reactions: Cinnamorolls and DeIetedUser4739
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree that the decision to suicide ideally needs to be well thought out. Both the actual act of it- and whether it is indeed the option we really feel is most suitable for us.

The individual circumstances will differ though. Just how much of this is about what other people think we should be content with and how much does it depend on how we feel ourselves?

A physically disabled person who otherwise loves life may never get their head around why a physically able and 'healthy' person would suicide. Does that mean they shouldn't? Why? What impact does it have on the disabled person? Surely- if they could give their healthy body to that person and be free- they would but- we can't. We're all stuck with our own circumstances.

What if we don't want to solve our problems? What if we don't think the 'prize' is worth it?

Personally, I feel like- as long as we can know that we've considered all our options and have reasons for the choices we make- that should be enough.

So- for example: Someone may have a feeling their ideation stems mainly from depression. They've already tried therapy and medication and- it hasn't helped. Or- maybe they haven't. Maybe they don't believe in all that. They've still considered their options though. Just how many rings of fire someone is willing to leap through is going to be down to them. Some people try to recover for years, decades. Others simply don't feel motivated to do that. I suspect it hinges on what else they have in their life. If they feel like they're living for no good reason though- why should they? Ok, it could be anhedonia wreaking havoc but- if they can't seem to get over that- why is that viewed differently to a chronic physical illness someone can't get over?

I just think the focus has to be on the individual. If it comes to assisted suicide- (if they are ever humane enough to introduce it) definitely- ensure that the person has thoroughly considered all their options but- if they are resistant to trying to recover- should they be forced? I say no. It's their life- they will be the ones making the effort and suffering it. It ought to be up to them what they get put through.

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, SoulWhisperer and AvwJ
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Aging and cancer: biological problems with no solution

Reactions: Cinnamorolls and divinemistress36
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
PTSD is one. There is no real treatment available for PTSD. Unlike other disorders such as depression, anxiety, etc there are no meds for PTSD, and therapy cannot do much for it either. There's just... nothing you can do. The flashbacks can't be stopped, nor can the reactions to them even be dulled or anything. It is an endlessly looping roller coaster of anguish.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36