Yuki Tenuki

Oct 30, 2020
a remote place in the woods.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Hotel would be my fist choice. If you drive maybe the beach of you have one nearby or the woods if it's not dangerous. Just make sure you are absolutely right and I'm sorry things brought you to this stage.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I would recommend renting a holiday cottage for the week and doing it there. Make sure your not traceable in case people, friends or family try to find you.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I would recommend renting a holiday cottage for the week and doing it there. Make sure your not traceable in case people, friends or family try to find you.

Wouldn't recommend a holiday cottage because that's one way to traumatize the owners, prevent them from selling or renting a cottage again, and destroys one source of their financial livelihood. Cleanup costs for suicides or any kind of death is very costly and goes to the owner. Owner could then sue your family, who's already grief stricken from your death to recoup the money, but that would be too heartless. Either way it's a headache and a giant legal mess that affected one owner who wasn't aware of your mental state. Do it in a hotel. preferably a big chain hotel. They have the legal team to protect them and the money for cleanup crews.

If you don't want a mess and prefer the solitary nature of the forest, get yourself a tent, go out to a primitive site or a state/national forest (camping is free on all property), and die in solitude. It'll take people days/weeks/months to find you and by then you'll either be eaten by the wildlife or decomposed

Reactions: ready 2 go and Deleted member 94
M

marooned

Oct 31, 2020
If I do the deed I intend to get as close as I can to the Medical Examiner's/Coroner's facility entrance as it will save some time and effort for those handling my body.

If I thought my body would be undiscovered the great outdoors would be my choice (a contribution to the foodchain) but no matter where you go someone is likely to eventually find you, which is problematic.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i personally would pick the woods. but thats mostly so i can be alone and i like nature

Reactions: Yuki Tenuki, idk who i am and timetofly
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
oh, that's a dream of mine.
forests cover more than 6 million hectares (15 million acres) of the province's 7 million hectares (18 million) acres of land. i think i got this lol

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Wouldn't recommend a holiday cottage because that's one way to traumatize the owners, prevent them from selling or renting a cottage again, and destroys one source of their financial livelihood. Cleanup costs for suicides or any kind of death is very costly and goes to the owner. Owner could then sue your family, who's already grief stricken from your death to recoup the money, but that would be too heartless. Either way it's a headache and a giant legal mess that affected one owner who wasn't aware of your mental state. Do it in a hotel. preferably a big chain hotel. They have the legal team to protect them and the money for cleanup crews.

If you don't want a mess and prefer the solitary nature of the forest, get yourself a tent, go out to a primitive site or a state/national forest (camping is free on all property), and die in solitude. It'll take people days/weeks/months to find you and by then you'll either be eaten by the wildlife or decomposed
Yes sorry I take it back wrong suggestion. I forgot about an article about Japanese suicides in apartment buildings where the parents were required to pay the whole rent sometimes for the whole building because the landlord said he can't get tenants because of their child's suicide in the apartment/building.

Reactions: Symbiote
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
would've picked woods too but it's freezing outside ._.
yeah canadas a little chilly this time of year and its not going to get any better lol

Reactions: idk who i am
C

CivilizationV

May 21, 2020
Didn't expect cleanup costs for suicides to be much expensive, and can't think of any quick reason why but I don't even know how the process works. I just assumed the paramedics/police/authority removes the body, and the police conducts some basic investigation to rule out othe possibilities, but I don't see where the costs for the owner come from. I'm talking about hanging, not SN, but I guess there's not much diff there either.

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I was thinking of just doing it in my bed. I'm sure the landlady will be thrilled.

Reactions: timetofly
C

ClockChelsea

Sep 13, 2020
I had someone kill themselves in my house that I had rented to them. Nobody cared down the road.

Reactions: CivilizationV
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I was planning to drive down to the reservoir dam where they discharge the water and blow my brains out. I drove over there the other day to check it out. I like how peaceful SN is but I'm afraid I'll drink it, think about my kids, and run for help to get saved. If I pull the trigger, it's over and they say you dont feel much.
Plus if I get saved, I'll lose my job as a truck driver and put more burden on my dad. I can barely make child support now as it is