Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
Could be a book, movie, comic, series, song, literally anything.

For me the story that forever stays with me is oyasumi punpun, the bleak way the story is told and the progression of the characters growing and becoming morally degenerate adults due to their childhood trauma. Love that ✨

Reactions: Forever Sleep, edu0z and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
silent hill 4. probably pretty obvious considering the UN and profile pic. Henry's a loner and i was like "hey its me" lol

its also got some of the best music Ive heard in a video game (in my humble opinion)

Reactions: doormat25, edu0z and Pg.964
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
silent hill 4. probably pretty obvious considering the UN and profile pic. Henry's a loner and i was like "hey its me" lol

its also got some of the best music Ive heard in a video game (in my humble opinion)

That's really sick I love the aesthetic of silent Hill especially the earlier games! Video game wise I like dark souls the most cause I love suffering apparently? (Also great aesthetics)

Reactions: edu0z and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
That's really sick I love the aesthetic of silent Hill especially the earlier games! Video game wise I like dark souls the most cause I love suffering apparently? (Also great aesthetics)
I own all the souls games, (including demon souls). never finished a single one of em only cause i hate suffering lol.

Heard amazing things about Elden Ring though so ill put myself through the torture for that one.

Reactions: Pg.964
K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
There is a Japanese children's book called "See you anytime I want" by Mariko Kikuta that still gets me emotional to this day.

Maybe the plot itself is cliche, and some people might call it a "typical sob story", but it always makes me cry lol.

"A Dog of Flanders" (old anime version) also devastated me when I was a child, so maybe I'm weak against animals/pets dying.

• Love
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
There's a lot of Vocaloid and voicaloid covers and 3rd party Japanese/Korean singers that hit close to me. Either about how my life situation feels, or just the bleakness in general.

Will Stetson's English cover of Hated by Life Itself by Lori Kanzaki hits me really hard

The 30 person version also is pretty powerful. Having 30 people scream at you 'just live'... gives me shivers. (use English subs, or subs of your language, OG is Japanese)

Will's cover of Unknown Mother Goose by Wowaka

You wished me to die, but.. by LeeHyunNim / 이현님

And Unwavering Heart by LeeHyunNim / 이현님 - the song's about rising up even when you're smashed into the ground

For mainstream, Sia's Breathe Me

Various Storms and Saints by Florence and the Machine (really any of their songs)

There's really no end to songs that I can think of.

• Love
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
There's a lot of Vocaloid and voicaloid covers and 3rd party Japanese/Korean singers that hit close to me. Either about how my life situation feels, or just the bleakness in general.

Will Stetson's English cover of Hated by Life Itself by Lori Kanzaki hits me really hard

The 30 person version also is pretty powerful. Having 30 people scream at you 'just live'... gives me shivers. (use English subs, or subs of your language, OG is Japanese)

Will's cover of Unknown Mother Goose by Wowaka

You wished me to die, but.. by LeeHyunNim / 이현님

And Unwavering Heart by LeeHyunNim / 이현님 - the song's about rising up even when you're smashed into the ground

For mainstream, Sia's Breathe Me

Various Storms and Saints by Florence and the Machine (really any of their songs)

There's really no end to songs that I can think of.

Thank you, I'll listen to them :) my favorite is tigersuit by raein. Great listen if you like screamo ❤️

• Love
Reactions: doormat25 and Cherry Crumpet
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
It's really hard for me to pick one thing. But if I had to maybe Halo.

I think a lot of people would be quick to dismiss Halo as just "Oh, you shoot at people and it's like an action movie." But there's actually a lot of emotional depth to that game, its story, its characters and its setting.

Halo is a game about inevitable defeat. You are constantly outnumbered and outgunned. Humanity is on its last legs. It seems like things are completely hopeless. And yet there you have the Master Chief. This symbol of hope. Who fights on in spite of the terrible odds and the almost impossibility of victory. And in the end... he wins.

There's sacrifice and pain along the way, but despite the hopeless situation he fights on and wins anyway. And a better world comes of it.

I think it should be obvious why to someone like me who's suffered from feelings of hopelessness and depression for over a decade that resonates so much.

Although recently I played "Life is Strange" and shed tears multiple times. Which is quite impressive because I don't cry often. Though, granted, it was not JUST about the game but also about my current state of mind. Still, it really resonated with me.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Pg.964
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Frankenstein. I relate to the monster a lot.

Also The Trial by Kafka. Just look at the summary: ", it tells the story of Josef K., a man arrested and prosecuted by a remote, inaccessible authority, with the nature of his crime revealed neither to him nor to the reader"/

That's pretty much how I have related to life.

• Love
sadBeing

sadBeing

Dec 23, 2023
Probably the first season of True Detective. It is not only one of the greatest television shows of all time IMO but Rust Cohle is also one of the most intriguing characters I've seen in fiction.

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Frankenstein. I relate to the monster a lot.

Also The Trial by Kafka. Just look at the summary: ", it tells the story of Josef K., a man arrested and prosecuted by a remote, inaccessible authority, with the nature of his crime revealed neither to him nor to the reader"/

That's pretty much how I have related to life.
The final chapter of "The Trial" is one of the most powerful things I've ever read.

TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
Been Reading One Piece weekly for the past 8 years this manga hold a special place in my heart at one point it was literally my only reason to live (Still kinda is lol) but the word building and characters are amazing and that fact the mangaka is still dropping chapters that have enough emotion to make me cry (Chapter 1102) over 26 years into the story is crazy id recommend anyone to watch it if their into Action/Adventure Shows although it's very long Shout Out (🐐 manga btw)
Shopping

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have a few different ones for different reasons...

Both Jane Eyre and The Phantom of the Opera get to me because both the female characters had difficult childhoods but both were helped by a guy. I probably always had this dumb fairytale hope that that would happen to me. Lol. (It hasn't... They don't tell you you probably need to be slim and gorgeous for that to happen.) I also admired Jane Eyre for being so principled and independent. Which, I can be.

I try to draw strength from the film 'Spirited Away' 2001- in that- life can be difficult and scary but you just have to try and sometimes, you succeed.

Recently, I saw the heartbreaking film, 'The Whale' 2022. I'm overweight myself- although not morbidly obese but- I related to that guy a lot. I've had that sense of disgust with myself and I've been that out of control binging food before. I cried through most of that film!

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I have a few different ones for different reasons...

Both Jane Eyre and The Phantom of the Opera get to me because both the female characters had difficult childhoods but both were helped by a guy. I probably always had this dumb fairytale hope that that would happen to me. Lol. (It hasn't... They don't tell you you probably need to be slim and gorgeous for that to happen.) I also admired Jane Eyre for being so principled and independent. Which, I can be.

I try to draw strength from the film 'Spirited Away' 2001- in that- life can be difficult and scary but you just have to try and sometimes, you succeed.

Recently, I saw the heartbreaking film, 'The Whale' 2022. I'm overweight myself- although not morbidly obese but- I related to that guy a lot. I've had that sense of disgust with myself and I've been that out of control binging food before. I cried through most of that film!
Growing up fat I totally relate to that feeling of disgust in your own body, I have mild body dysmorphia as an adult now. There's truth in your words, most people won't go out of their way for you if you're not beautiful, it can be really isolating. For me it's either trick myself into being "body positive", try really hard to reach unrealistic beauty standards, or just rot lmao.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic and Forever Sleep