Life is overrated

Feb 21, 2022
What music do you listen to?

Reactions: cassxtho, Death_of_a_Phynixx and DisillusionedDragon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I quite like classical music, in particular those that are sad and depressing. My favourite piece of music is called Funeral Cry by Dark Sanctuary and the lyrics are about wanting to die. I can relate to it a lot. I have also always liked bands such as Evanescence and Within Temptation.

Reactions: rogeriocansadinho, Death_of_a_Phynixx, Huntfish34 and 4 others
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
Generally more mellow music. Most of it without lyrics. From classical to temporary composers, orchestral to solo piano. Even some traditional folk music, e.g. from the British Isles. And the stuff with lyrics is mostly mellow indie music.
I have very sensitive hearing (sensitive everything, really), so loud/hectic music really isn't for me.
Though of course I do enjoy a good bop, to sing or sometimes dance to if I feel like it. Though most of them aren't your usual bop, I guess. I recon very few people e.g. put on some Irish jig if they want to have a private little dance party :D. But I like it, so whatever :)

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Huntfish34 and Life is overrated
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020

Lyrics translated

In the heat of some beers
Waiting for judgment day
If it is true that it is the end of humanity
That he catches us really drunk

The apocalypse, they said it will come
That the end of this planet will come in a few days
But what the Bible never told us
It is that we drunkards were not granted forgiveness

Oh there's only one certainty
Penalties with beers are easy to carry
Oh if you open your bottle
You will be immune, friend, to general punishment

If the end of days catches you out there
In Mexico, in Colombia, in Costa Rica or in Beijing
Drink your tequila and listen to some rock
Well, they say that the Devil doesn't like pop at all

Oh if your life is quiet
Now have tequila and you'll swim in the truth
Oh if you take my advice
You won't grow old, but you'll have fun

Waiting for judgment day

Oh there's only one certainty
Penalties with beers are easy to carry
Oh if you open your bottle
You will be immune, friend, to general punishment

Oh don't fear the pests
Hold on to some panties, that will protect you
Oh, I have to insist
My friend, there is still a lot of tequila to live for

Waiting for judgment day
Under the sun of the apocalypse
breathing radioactivity
You will be a zombie, you will be immortal
That feeds from bar to bar

Reactions: Ringo and Life is overrated
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I always call my iPod an iPod of emotions. I have everything there since Enya to Marylin Manson and everything in between. All tates basically.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Looooser
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Video game music, usually only from games I've played which are surprisingly not many. I tend to prefer things that are catchy.

Reactions: EternalOblivion, rogeriocansadinho, Death_of_a_Phynixx and 2 others
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Industrial, Noise, Gothic, Alternative/Indie...

But I'm a basic bitch for anything Electronic/Trance or Hyperpop.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Un- and Ringo
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
rock, metal, blues, rockabilly, some country. Pretty much anything except rap or death mental.

Reactions: meatclown, Huntfish34 and Un-
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I listen to everything honestly but i would say mainly Pop music

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Checking my playlist I suppose progressive, both rock and metal together with jazz fusion and orchestral, especially Symphony, Concerto and Opera, is what I have the most hahaha.

I could really answer that a bit of everything, from a very young age I was very exposed to all kinds of music, my parents at that time were very musical people and with almost opposite tastes, the same can be said about my older siblings, things got worse when they insisted me on learning to play instruments.

• Love
Reactions: meatclown, Rocinante, rogeriocansadinho and 1 other person
Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
Rap, R&B, Reggaeton, Trap, Pop, Argentinean Trap

K

KimKevorkian

Experienced
Feb 23, 2022
Very eclectic. Presently, I want the mellowest stuff possible with everything as nuts as it is. Just found this. Sounds great with headphones. Perfect to play while doing other stuff on web (like visiting SS), or while closing eyes and contemplating the "something or nothing" question.
www.youtube.com/channel/UCRA1O1myxsOJmL5BlG1Qavw

Just be careful; don't blow a chakra.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
No music is better than silence. But the music I do like is mostly rock music with a dark, somber, or angsty sound to it from the 70's-early 2000's. Nostalgic stuff that I heard as a child (from family members) and teenager. The song I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage is a good example.

Last edited:
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Classic rock, late 60's early 70,'s. Too many to mention

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I can go from country , rap, classical and Numerous things in between.

Beatles , Hendrix, Joplin, Zepp.. classic rock I guess ?

And I love trance , house, progressive, techno .. when Im trippin.

Reactions: Eternally Dottie
Sun

Sun

Jul 17, 2019
Me gusta casi todo tipo de música, soy ecléctica.

Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I enjoy a variety of music. I like classical music, some light hearted, some dark and horror-film sounding, and some warrior sounding operas - (think of Skyrim, the music that plays when you are preparing to battle).

I like some folk music. Hungarian/Magyar music with an abundance of violins is another type of music that I enjoy!
I like tribal music, preferably African, like Zulu. Though I use these sounds from more of a meditational standpoint.
Depending on my mood, I prefer rock music, like Linkin Park, Evanescence, Alien Ant Farm, The Offspring, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Julie Christmas and some others.
I enjoy some disco tunes, and old 90's hip hop songs. The best music that I really enjoy though, is the music that I write myself! Thanks for a fun thread!

C

CrescendoChiller

Mar 15, 2022
In general, I'm more likely to enjoy music that paints a scene in my head that pairs with the music perfectly — but really that can be pretty much any genre (though pop songs with singing are less likely to stand out to me). However, speaking very broadly off the top of my head, if I had to give my favorite genres, it might be moog/synth/library music, jazz fusion, and maybe minimalist music.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Emo, sad alt rock, post-hardcore

Reactions: CrescendoChiller
nonutscera

nonutscera

Jan 10, 2023
Any J-pop or anime music lovers out here?

Reactions: Unsure and Useless
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I consider my top three favorite genres to be jangle pop, power pop, and twee pop (I like to call these the three pillars of indie pop music). I love studying music history and seeing how my favorite genres have evolved. If you're into niche music genres, looking on a site like Rate Your Music and using the chart system is a great way to become more familiar with whatever genre you're interested in.

For anyone looking to get into each of these genres, here are some recommendations.

Jangle pop: Any of The Smiths' albums, but my favorites are Strangeways Here We Come and the self-titled. Johnny Marr is my favorite guitar player of all time, and his ability to make one guitar feel as cinematic as an orchestra is amazing. Morrissey is both an incredible vocalist and lyricist, and I imagine his cynical and morbid views towards life are things many people on SS can find relatable.

Power pop: Big Star's #1 Record or Radio City. Two of the most influential records of the genre and nobody did it better than these guys. If they were more commercially successful, they could've become The Beatles of the 70s. Beautiful harmonies and irresistible, fun choruses. Almost every track here feels like it could be a single.

Twee pop: Belle and Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister is an incredibly personal album for me as someone who struggles with ME just like lead singer Stuart Murdoch. Twee pop is often simplified as being cutesy and childlike, but Murdoch combines the simplicity and sugary sweet joy of 60s pop with incredibly vivid literary storytelling.

egirlsuicides

egirlsuicides

Feb 14, 2023
im obsessed with taylor swift

• Love
Reactions: Ultracheese