TiredLostHope20

TiredLostHope20

SN Arrived!
Aug 24, 2022

This is mine, the noir jazz music allows my mind too forget and explore worlds i make up.

Reactions: jodes2
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I've been listening to this song on repeat for 5 hours, lol.

• Love
Reactions: ManicNarcissus and MentalStefan
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022

Reactions: Grav and leeloosnow
BusTicketholder

BusTicketholder

Ticket Holder
Oct 7, 2022

• Love
Reactions: voyager and didn't-it-rain
DrPhilm&m

DrPhilm&m

Do you miss me, miss misery, like you say you do?
Mar 11, 2023

• Love
Reactions: MentalStefan
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020

Probably not a good choice given current state of mind, but hell just listened to Animals.

Reactions: voyager and Rocinante
QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
Exact one, Her Theme @1:57

Reactions: voyager
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019

"More Than This" by Roxy Music

This is a tune that explores existentialist themes of uncertainty, longing, and the search for meaning. The lyrics convey a sense of nostalgia and contemplation.

You can enjoy the song for what it is, but if you're into song lyrics, here is what I think it addresses:

Uncertainty and Change: The opening lines reflect a feeling of not knowing what the future holds, symbolized by fallen leaves in the night. This theme of uncertainty is prevalent throughout the song.

Freedom and Exploration: The reference to being "as free as the wind" suggests a desire for freedom and a willingness to explore new experiences, even if the outcome is unknown.

The Inevitability of Change: The lines about the sea on the tide having "no way of turning" could symbolize the inevitability of change in life, suggesting that some things cannot be altered.

Longing and Reflection: The repetition of "More than this" and the question "Tell me one thing" convey a sense of longing for something more meaningful or significant in life. It's as if the singer is searching for answers or deeper meaning.

Nostalgia: The song also carries a strong sense of nostalgia, particularly in the line "It was fun for a while." This suggests a fond look back at past experiences and perhaps a yearning to recapture them.

Themes such as these are ones I have contended with my whole life—reflection and contemplation that invites listeners to ponder the mysteries of life and the quest for something more profound. It's a classic that resonates with me.

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Sword from the Stone by Passenger

A

atlas

Apr 26, 2021
Miles Davis - It never entered my mind

Miles Davis - It never entered my mind

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019

"More Than This" by Roxy Music

This is a tune that explores existentialist themes of uncertainty, longing, and the search for meaning. The lyrics convey a sense of nostalgia and contemplation.

You can enjoy the song for what it is, but if you're into song lyrics, here is what I think it addresses:

Uncertainty and Change: The opening lines reflect a feeling of not knowing what the future holds, symbolized by fallen leaves in the night. This theme of uncertainty is prevalent throughout the song.

Freedom and Exploration: The reference to being "as free as the wind" suggests a desire for freedom and a willingness to explore new experiences, even if the outcome is unknown.

The Inevitability of Change: The lines about the sea on the tide having "no way of turning" could symbolize the inevitability of change in life, suggesting that some things cannot be altered.

Longing and Reflection: The repetition of "More than this" and the question "Tell me one thing" convey a sense of longing for something more meaningful or significant in life. It's as if the singer is searching for answers or deeper meaning.

Nostalgia: The song also carries a strong sense of nostalgia, particularly in the line "It was fun for a while." This suggests a fond look back at past experiences and perhaps a yearning to recapture them.

Themes such as these are ones I have contended with my whole life—reflection and contemplation that invites listeners to ponder the mysteries of life and the quest for something more profound. It's a classic that resonates with me.

Patrick, that you babe?

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Just kidding, love that song and beautiful interpretation. Don't hear so well, therefore don't always listen to the lyrics and instead let the music carry me, but of course hear the major lines in this one and feel it too. Only thing I might disagree/add on, the line "more than this" and "tell me one thing", I'm not sure he's just longing, but actually saying is there anything more (important) than this, because he also says "no, there is nothing" and since the song does have a strong nostalgic feel to it, I'd say he is referring to a moment he indeed felt so. Something pure. Love, sure, but really the beauty and bliss of the moment shared with someone else. It comes across well in "Lost in Translation" (2003) when Bill Murray's character is singing it karaoke to Scarlett Johansson.

"Who knows where we're going" would then refer to who knows if we'd ever experience it again. 😐

Oh, and as it just so happens was listening to Bryan Ferry myself when I came across your post, haha:

Absolutely love Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music. Too many songs to mention, but "Slave to Love" was so sensual and would for a long time take me back to the 80s, to when I first heard it and the happiest time of my life. "Don't Stop the Dance" likewise. Good times.

According to my play counter "Boys and Girls" leads the list. Then "Your Painted Smile", "Stone Woman" (not quite as good as but carries a similar theme to-->), "StL" and "DStD" (but they'd be closer to the top if I had always used this music player and only got the other songs later), "More Than This" (likewise), "Valentine", "Windswept", "Sensation", and "Jealous Guy" (the guitar riff is so good).

"Oh yeah", "I put a spell on you", "The Chosen One", "Same Old Scene", "Is Your Love Strong Enough" and "Avalon" pretty much have same count as "Jealous Guy", therefore all make Top Ten, and couldn't choose anyway.

Reactions: ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Patrick, that you babe?

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Just kidding, love that song and beautiful interpretation. Don't hear so well, therefore don't always listen to the lyrics and instead let the music carry me, but of course hear the major lines in this one and feel it too. Only thing I might disagree/add on, the line "more than this" and "tell me one thing", I'm not sure he's just longing, but actually saying is there anything more (important) than this, because he also says "no, there is nothing" and since the song does have a strong nostalgic feel to it, I'd say he is referring to a moment he indeed felt so. Something pure. Love, sure, but really the beauty and bliss of the moment shared with someone else. It comes across well in "Lost in Translation" (2003) when Bill Murray's character is singing it karaoke to Scarlett Johansson.

"Who knows where we're going" would then refer to who knows if we'd ever experience it again. 😐

Oh, and as it just so happens was listening to Bryan Ferry myself when I came across your post, haha:

Absolutely love Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music. Too many songs to mention, but "Slave to Love" was so sensual and would for a long time take me back to the 80s, to when I first heard it and the happiest time of my life. "Don't Stop the Dance" likewise. Good times.

According to my play counter "Boys and Girls" leads the list. Then "Your Painted Smile", "Stone Woman" (not quite as good as but carries a similar theme to-->), "StL" and "DStD" (but they'd be closer to the top if I had always used this music player and only got the other songs later), "More Than This" (likewise), "Valentine", "Windswept", "Sensation", and "Jealous Guy" (the guitar riff is so good).

"Oh yeah", "I put a spell on you", "The Chosen One", "Same Old Scene", "Is Your Love Strong Enough" and "Avalon" pretty much have same count as "Jealous Guy", therefore all make Top Ten, and couldn't choose anyway.

Good interpretation on the lyrics of Bryan Ferry. He seems to have similar ambiguities in his words much like the American poet Robert Frost has in his poems, like Frost's poem "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening" where in one line he mentions "The darkest evening of the year" and this leaves the reader wondering if Frost meant the shortest day of the year (i.e. December 21) or his most melancholy moment during that year.

Thanks for posting that other Roxy Music video - have not seen that in years.

permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson

delta.sigma

delta.sigma

Spiritual Warrior
Jun 17, 2023
I've been listening to various dark, ambient, apocalyptic background music things on YouTube. There is plenty of really long videos with really chilled ambience and dystopian vibes.

Fits my mood, my life and my future perfectly.