BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I'm on Effexor and Pamelor at the moment. They don't really help me. I was dumb and stopped taking them for a few days and the Effexor withdrawals made me a bit crazy. I was very anxious, literally couldn't sleep, felt very dissociated, and I hurt myself a few times. It wasn't fun. I guess I'm hooked for the time being. It sucks and feels so embarrassing.

I've tried ten other medications in the past. None have really helped, and two other meds made me impulsively suicidal while I was on them.

It's been awful and I wish I could just stop all medication.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Strattera, Lamictal, Adderall, and just recently Klonopin.
Strattera helps. Adderall is only taken as needed, and works when I take it as long as I've got like a plan. Otherwise I'll just focus on the dumbest thing.
I've only been taking Lamictal for about a month and a half, it's supposed to stabilize my mood or just keep me from having lower moods. I haven't noticed it do much yet except when I take Adderall, then it's like I have the energy and focus to do everything. We'll see if the Klonopin helps with my anxiety, I'm supposed to take it as needed.

For the most part, anti-depressants either didn't work or had a bad effect on me. I think it was Lexapro that made me extremely apathetic, and so did Celexa. Pristiq made me overly emotional. Trintellix did nothing, Wellbutrin did nothing. I think after that I started opting out of antidepressants, and my psychiatrist agreed because we'd tried different ones from different groups. I can remember taking Abilify, but it did nothing. The only medication that's affected me as far as bad withdrawals were the times I stopped Strattera, everything else was pretty manageable.

PatheticGirl43

PatheticGirl43

A good impression of myself
May 22, 2020
I was on 200mg of Zoloft/Sertraline for at least a year.

It helped manage my moods a little bit, but the side effects made me feel worse than I did before. I stopped taking them when I was on the verge of ctb.

Reactions: Epsilon0
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I take 40mg prozac daily and 500mg of keppra twice a day.
They both make me miserable. Prozac keeps me from having the urge to CTB and keeps me from making irrational decisions when I get overwhelmed.
Keppra is for seizures and it's the worst medicine I've ever taken in my life. It makes me absolutely miserable and the side effects are horrid, it makes me so irritable I cannot even stand myself.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I am on Escitalopram/Lexapro and it makes me numb, apathetic, I cry less - the usual. Still very suicidal.

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I am on Escitalopram/Lexapro and it makes me numb, apathetic, I cry less - the usual. Still very suicidal.

Citalopram did that to me. I had never experienced numbness before, so it freaked me out, but I got used to it after a while. I must say it was nice not to feel everything so acutely.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Sertraline, omeparozle, folate tablets, hay fever tablets... none of them work. But I am pressured to take them by my psychiatrists. I am very wary of taking any meds I believe they can do more harm and make you feel worse than you already do.

Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
Im on Lithium, Vraylar, Lamictal, Effexor, and Wellbutrin.

It has worked wonders. I no longer have any serious suicidal thoughts. I'm more grounded in reality. I'm not manic or depressed. My boyfriend has said if I care about our relationship ill never go off my meds.

I was originally diagnosed as borderline and given nothing but therapy that didnt work. Once I turned pure manic and delusional I was hospitalised again and they changed the diagnosis to Bipolar 1 and I was finally medicated. It took about 7 months to find the right mix.

I really like Lithium because it does the most to reduce my suicidal ideations. Unfortunately, ive gained weight and have the worst acne now. Also, it's hella toxic on the body.

I dont want to be on medication forever but I probably will have to be.

kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
i take sertraline and while i don't notice a change in my mental state, it's definitely helped with my physical symptoms of anxiety - such as my daily nausea, which now i rarely ever feel (:

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Lamictal gabapentin and just started Lexapro today.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I've been on so many but none have done anything for me and it wouldn't really make sense for them to, in my situation.
They've either done nothing or made things exponentially worse. Same for talk therapy or anything like that.

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've been on so many but none have done anything for me and it wouldn't really make sense for them to, in my situation.
They've either done nothing or made things exponentially worse. Same for talk therapy or anything like that.
Which ones though? I guarantee that doctors have given you shite anti-depressants/antipsychotics.

Things like benzos, though with having horrific withdrawals work instantly. There's a reason their so addictive