Very often for a suicidal person tbh

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Azzy69, dandan, BPD Barbie and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I laugh a lot actually despite my crappy life lol! It does help me cope when things make me laugh. I will often read through this forum, looking at responses and I laugh so hard at some of the stuff people say on here lol! I don't always respond because someone might take offense so I keep the laughs to myself. But yea sometimes stuff that is not funny will make me laugh and it bothers me. It's like my brain will turn it into a dark humor situation.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: azucaramargo, TheDevilsAngel, dandan and 4 others
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
Not often. Today I watched the new Jumanji movie with my sister at the cinema. I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't have a good time, and that she would notice. But it was fun, and I laughed several times - ME - laughing! It almost didn't feel like me. Or it felt a little like the person I used to be.

Giphy 2

Still a little nervous for spending Christmas Eve with my sister, but I hope I can laugh again.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, not.happy201, LittleJem and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Not often. Today I watched the new Jumanji movie with my sister at the cinema. I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't have a good time, and that she would notice. But it was fun, and I laughed several times - ME - laughing! It almost didn't feel like me. Or it felt a little like the person I used to be.

View attachment 22000

Still a little nervous for spending Christmas Eve with my sister, but I hope I can laugh again.
I don't really laugh at the forced jollies which christmas is full of. The humour in tragedy though. I'm not a cruel person it always has to find the right target but just things that speak the truth, manage to find humour in it and still have a heart. I really liked After Life with Ricky Gervais

Reactions: not.happy201
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I usually have a good random laugh after not taking my meds for a couple days. Other than that I find it hard to laugh and even smile. I feel like I have permanent resting bitch face.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LMLN, Sensei, not.happy201 and 3 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I laugh at dark humour. After my daughter informed me that she disliked me so intensely that I would only ever have limited time with my grandson, I was going to ctb impulsively by train. What stopped me? I checked the local news on the phone and discovered that my house was on fire! Still laugh at that!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: realjunes, SlackJim, dandan and 4 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
The old sitcoms from 70s 80s 90s make me laugh. There was just something about the humour then it wasn't forced like it is now... I find everything nowadays to be so boring and unfunny. If I want to escape I will watch something from the good old days even though I wasn't alive then.

Reactions: not.happy201, LegaliseIt! and EmptyMan
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
How I ruined my life makes me laugh. Because I'm tired of crying. Now I prefer laughing.

• Hugs
Reactions: not.happy201, LegaliseIt! and EmptyMan
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I have a dark sense of humor, so I laugh at death. I poke fun at my misfortunes. But other than that, what makes me laugh? Hm... Memes. My pet. My friends. Television.

Reactions: not.happy201, mediocre, EmptyMan and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
My cooking. Which is why I don't..

• Love
Reactions: not.happy201, mediocre and LegaliseIt!
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
getting caught spraying perfume under my armpits in Lush at a big London train station before a night out - the store assistants were so taken aback, we all burst out laughing. That was the last time I really laughed.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Soul, not.happy201 and 3 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Pretty often, despite everything that's wrong I never lost my sense of humor :)

Reactions: dandan, not.happy201 and LegaliseIt!
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
How often do you laugh? It can cure depression and make your life easier <3

It is rare now. But some of us here had a good time a while back on this thread.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/who-can-keep-down-sn-the-longest.25757/#post-468319

dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Love to laugh at incongruent shit, dark and also child like humor, also some smart humor is funny, the following video made me laugh, but almost no one else , some people dont even get the joke

Anyways whatever makes me laugh and smile is so cool

Reactions: marcusuk63
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I used to laugh a lot, people always said I'm at minimum always smiling with my eyes. Last time I laughed... I don't remember. What did I laugh at? I don't remember.
I haven't laughed in the last 3 months now, I'm getting these wrinkles from the corner of the mouth downwards and two between my eyebrows. I was told my eyes look dead now.

What makes me laugh now? Not much. Mostly the idiotic futility of my hope that somehow still doesn't want to go away. Despite the fact that I get more worthless by the minute.

Last edited:
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I don't laugh, i don't cry. From the outside it looks like im drained from all human emotions. Inside i feel alot.
@Back2topic i rarely giggle, if i do than its slapstick, dark humor. I still find Mr. Beans one of my alltime favorite, it doesn't age.
When i was a kid it was the complete opposite, i laughed all the time and alot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lotus and DevilInHell667
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I do if I watch library prank videos on YouTube

• Hugs
Reactions: DevilInHell667
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I laugh at dark humour. After my daughter informed me that she disliked me so intensely that I would only ever have limited time with my grandson, I was going to ctb impulsively by train. What stopped me? I checked the local news on the phone and discovered that my house was on fire! Still laugh at that!
It gets better!
I reserved a vacation rental to ctb in, and (because I have no income, had to use my husband's credit card.)
Since 1986, he has spent Easter weekend in the US with his now elderly parents.
I sent him an email today so that he would know that $550 was on his card.
This is darkly hilarious!
He suddenly wants to spend Easter with me!
We've been married since 1991!
And now he suddenly wants to spend 48 consecutive hours with me? WTF?

I am repulsive as heck!
His parents have a puppy!
They give him big cheques!
We have a "lavender" marriage!
I am LMFAO!

• Love
Reactions: Soul
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
It gets better!
I reserved a vacation rental to ctb in, and (because I have no income, had to use my husband's credit card.)
Since 1986, he has spent Easter weekend in the US with his now elderly parents.
I sent him an email today so that he would know that $550 was on his card.
This is darkly hilarious!
He suddenly wants to spend Easter with me!
We've been married since 1991!
And now he suddenly wants to spend 48 consecutive hours with me? WTF?

I am repulsive as heck!
His parents have a puppy!
They give him big cheques!
We have a "lavender" marriage!
I am LMFAO!
There is a reason for everything ;)

Reactions: Soul
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Freud categorized humor as a defence mechanism, so...

Lately I've been joking a lot about suicide but you have to be careful with that. Honestly I'm not impaired in my ability to laugh as long as I'm not acutely suicidal or dissociated.

Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019

View attachment 22000

Looking back at this post, I miss laughing. My Christmas Eve with my sister was terrible (because of many reasons). Maybe I will go and watch this movie again and try to have a good time again. I know it's possible to have a big sofa for myself at the cinema, so maybe I will buy a ticket again and try to relax.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I laugh at the fool who married my ex-wife. Hope you enjoy the bullshit I had to put up with for 14 years.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, dandan, azucaramargo and 3 others
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I stopped laughing a lot this year. I love to laugh. I have a weird sarcastic cynical sense of humour and laugh alot.

Right now what gets me to really LOL is stupid/funny anime :3

" Asobi Asobase " is something ive watched a few times recently and die with laughter

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
11935086 10152989845532687 4114212775448048506 n2

This made me laugh.

Reactions: realjunes
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I laugh at the fool who married my ex-wife. Hope you enjoy the bullshit I had to put up with for 14 years.
My ex husband seems to be a masochist: he's been married 3(!) times since I left him. Why on earth does he keep doing this? The latest wife is 22 (he's 58) and once she learns English, she is clearly going to jump ship!

Reactions: azucaramargo
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Pretty much never. I'm kinda grim, I guess. If I am in a social situation I'll laugh at people's jokes/ act happy etc but that is rare.

L

Loveordie

Dec 28, 2019
I really dont know... Sometimes i realice that i dont laught so much like other people...and i dont know how to change that :notsure:

R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
I laugh a lot actually despite my crappy life lol! It does help me cope when things make me laugh. I will often read through this forum, looking at responses and I laugh so hard at some of the stuff people say on here lol! I don't always respond because someone might take offense so I keep the laughs to myself. But yea sometimes stuff that is not funny will make me laugh and it bothers me. It's like my brain will turn it into a dark humor situation.

I totally agree with @FinalEscape here. In my whole life it takes something ironic and wry to make me laugh. I don't know why, but some suicidal people are so funny, either with witty remarks, or gifs, or memes. I am alone and sometime involuntarily laugh so loud I think my neighbors wonder what is going on. Likewise to @FinalEscape though, I don't respond because I don't want it to be thought I am anything but serious for our members' plight. But it is very odd indeed to get my laughs on the Sanctioned Suicide forum! Weird.