L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Happiness might be temporary thing but it makes us distracted sometimes and could be a way to cope.

I see happiness clearly as a group of brain chemicals. Thats why I think its very important for mental health and people generally. Its not the happiness mentioned in platitudes, its actually the state of mental relaxation and feeling good somehow.

If you like to do something and it makes you feel good, then don't hesitate about it. Its way better than meds or whatever many people say in their platitudes.

It shouldn't always be a big thing, sometimes small details makes one happy also.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad, Amumu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Hugging my cat always gives me the endorphins I desperately crave.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad, GrumpyFrog, Time Travel and 3 others
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
Nothing makes me happy.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: d3ad, GrumpyFrog, Life sucks and 5 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
My current dog. But also my dog that passed. Looking at pictures of her makes me happy.

Hugging my cat always gives me the endorphins I desperately crave.
Awe give your cat a hug for me. I love cats I wish I had one.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, GrumpyFrog, Life sucks and 1 other person
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
crocheting brings me peace. the constant counting and focusing on where the hook goes keeps me focused and I always have a movie going on in the background where when I'm crocheting is the only time I can focus on the tv so it's kind of a two for one.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Life sucks and Sinai Silence
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
Yesterday I fixed something of mine that broke, and that made me happy, haha. But I couldn't help but feel it wasn't really an amazing feeling. And it required me to have actually broken the thing to experience the joy of fixing it, so I had to suffer a bit first. That reminds me of another fairly recent time where I felt some happiness; it was around when lockdown was beginning and I had finally finished my coursework by blitzing most of it in a night. It felt like a weight off of my shoulders, but I realise that I had to go through the suffering of putting it off and then working on it for hours to feel that relief. I don't think I want to go around messing things up and then fixing them to feel happiness, hah. And there are certain times when I'm playing a game or looking at some kind of media where I can capture a positive feeling, so that's probably closest I've come to 'consistent happiness'. Although even that's not too consistent; you probably said it best in your opening post: it's usually small details in life (or fiction) that make me happy. I don't think it's worth experiencing the entirety of life for just the little things though, unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Sinai Silence and acondiva
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Freedom makes me happy.
It opens up access to possibilities.
As opposed to being a slave doing something you don't enjoy/being someone you are not.

As for small things,
Food, shelter,
learning new languages
make me happy.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Viro_Major, Life sucks and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Nothing. I have anxiety 24/7

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Life sucks, Sinai Silence and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Food, games and science stuff. Also anime and scary stories.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Life sucks, Sinai Silence and 1 other person
Time Travel

Time Travel

Jul 4, 2020
music and anime

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, GrumpyFrog, Life sucks and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Thinking about non existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, KleinerWolf and Life sucks
VoidGirl

VoidGirl

Longing for the Void's embrace
Jul 21, 2020
Being loved by someone makes me extremely happy but all my relationships were short lived. It's been an eternity now since I've had a partner because I'm an ugly piece of shit and it's just killing me slowly.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager (D), Deleted member 4993, ocd is bad and 4 others
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Nothing. I no longer know what happiness feels like.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, GrumpyFrog and KleinerWolf
ItsOverIsntIt

ItsOverIsntIt

Experienced
Sep 9, 2020
I used to like art but it feels like such a chore lately. Now I just drive around to clear my head and listen to music

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, GrumpyFrog and KleinerWolf
BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
I like men (when there's a mutual love there) and cats.
If those two things didn't exist, I wouldn't hesitate to CTB.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Animals make me happy. I love spending time with my cats, I like watching other people interact with their pets outside and watching animals interacting with each other, and feeding cats that I suspect aren't really homeless, I like watching animal videos on YouTube (I liked YouTube so much better back when it was all about cats and short funny videos, not advertizement and "cancelling" people).
I used to be very happy when I was writing, but I completely lost my ability to write, I haven't felt inspired or got any new ideas in years.
Music makes me happy too. I am trying not to rely on it too much though, because I used to listen to my favourite songs over and over during difficult times, and now I can't listen to them without bringing up traumatic memories.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Valium & Whisky

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It's always nice to see my loved ones happy. My dad has been working on a project lately and I went into his workshop to ask him a question the other day. He was just painting and listening to music, but I couldn't help but watch for a minute because he just seemed so happy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Brick In The Wall