Itz_d3p

Itz_d3p

Life keep going but I'm not
Apr 16, 2023
What makes people want to live? I've been thinking about it and I still don't know how to answer it. There's people that don't want to but stay here because of someone or something, but how does it feel when you want to live? I have a friend that swim and do sport everyday, have perfect grades, a lot of friends, goes out every weekend, is a good person and I don't get how he enjoy it. Just with thinking about me I feel frustrated for all the things he has to do for the next day, and I kinda envy that I guess. CTB is the only thing I see in my future, it feels so unreal me having a life like that, and I wonder what makes people like him want to live?

I must say that I don't considerate my life bad or that I have suffered, otherwise I feel lucky for the life I got even though I don't want to stay here, I don't think is something I'm capable of, and I'm not planing in staying.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and chocolatebar
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Their life has something redeemable. They are attractive, talented, has a good relationship, has enough fulfillment from hobbies/children/pets, a career they enjoy etc. Of course none of this may matter if you have a severe mental illness or severe trauma.

or the innate human instinct to live.

Reactions: Source Energy and sosotired
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
goals, ambitions, dreams, new experiences, community, good health...just to name a few

Reactions: đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´ and Source Energy
CloudyNight

CloudyNight

Wake me up before you go go
Apr 15, 2023
if it helps I find the small things like food but mostly the gym or mixed martial arts really the only reason it helped me out of my dark place

Reactions: Source Energy
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Perhaps the lack of pain, privilege or other contributing factors.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Life has a delicate balance of joy and suffering... I like the part I enjoy but not the part I suffer... that's why I've made it to 45 years old, although it's been years since I've had a way to enjoy it and that's why I'm on this website.

//

La vida te un delicat equilibri de goig i patiment.. a mi m'agrada la part que gaudeixo però no la part que pateixo.. per això he arribat fins els 45 anys, tot i que ja fa anys que no tinc manera de gaudir-la i això fa que estigui en aquest web.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Life has a delicate balance of joy and suffering... I like the part I enjoy but not the part I suffer... that's why I've made it to 45 years old, although it's been years since I've had a way to enjoy it and that's why I'm on this website.

//

La vida te un delicat equilibri de goig i patiment.. a mi m'agrada la part que gaudeixo però no la part que pateixo.. per això he arribat fins els 45 anys, tot i que ja fa anys que no tinc manera de gaudir-la i això fa que estigui en aquest web.

I believe delicate is per-person basis.
For me it is an unbalanced equilibrium. Living is pain, the road to and the dreams of passing is peaceful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost
MissionSucksAssFul

MissionSucksAssFul

Any help I can offer is gladly given :)
Mar 2, 2023
I'd say lack of awareness and total denial of fact

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I believe delicate is per-person basis.
For me it is an unbalanced equilibrium. Living is pain, the road to and the dreams of passing is peaceful.
I agree, of course, the perception of everything is completely subjective and you cannot argue for a generic balance model that is valid for everyone.
//
Estic d'acord es clar, la percepció de tot plegat és plenament subjectiva i no es pot argumentar un model d'equilibri genéric que sigui vàlid per tothom.

• Informative
Reactions: unnormal9
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that if someone actually wants to continue this futile and unnecessary process that only leads to us ceasing to exist anyway then they must be very delusional. I could never understand the appeal of existing, to exist in this world is completely undesirable to me especially as there is unlimited potential to suffer so extremely. I view it as always being preferable to not exist no matter what.

• Love
Reactions: unnormal9 and Itz_d3p
kansatsu

kansatsu

Jan 11, 2023
What makes people want to live? I've been thinking about it and I still don't know how to answer it. There's people that don't want to but stay here because of someone or something, but how does it feel when you want to live? I have a friend that swim and do sport everyday, have perfect grades, a lot of friends, goes out every weekend, is a good person and I don't get how he enjoy it. Just with thinking about me I feel frustrated for all the things he has to do for the next day, and I kinda envy that I guess. CTB is the only thing I see in my future, it feels so unreal me having a life like that, and I wonder what makes people like him want to live?

I must say that I don't considerate my life bad or that I have suffered, otherwise I feel lucky for the life I got even though I don't want to stay here, I don't think is something I'm capable of, and I'm not planing in staying.
to create art is what works for me

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy, Myforevercharlie and Itz_d3p
damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
The dream that I can get out of this place. I have nothing to lose, so when the time comes I'll give everything I have and get the hell out of here. If I fail I can always CTB.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Itz_d3p
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I'm not sure there is one complete answer.

Reactions: Source Energy and Itz_d3p
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think most people are just wired a certain way. With a sort of tenacity I'll never know. Or else they're just genuinely glad to be here and don't mind working through the pain. For most, the idea of ending things early isn't something they seriously or frequently consider. It's a non option.

I envy that to some degree. I don't think there's anything good or productive about moping around, wishing for non-existence as I've spent most of my life doing. My feeling deep down, or rather the one I want to have, is that life is fleeting and I'm going to be dead forever one day anyway, so why not try to make the most if it. But I just can't. I'm nonfunctional, isolated, and sick, and simply very alien in my way of doing things.

I'm getting older so I don't beat myself up as much about not checking out. I'm halfway through the movie, so I may as well see how it ends. But I do know I'll suffer every day until it's over.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´, WorthlessTrash and 3 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@Angst Filled Fuck Up that's pretty much how I feel. I definitely get you about moping around wishing for non-existence being a waste of time but I'm just wired that way as well. I've never enjoyed living, not when I was a child and certainly not now. I must be missing some huge thing in my brain that makes other people think life is worth it. I've always felt different and not wanted to join in with life and if this is all due to some imbalance in the brain it just seems really unfair. I wish this mistake of a life had never happened.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Source Energy and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Given the choice: to have been born or not? I would always choose not to have been born.

Nevertheless, we are here and we formed attachments. There are people we love, dreams we have, things we enjoy. Plus that annoying SI that makes it very difficult to just ctb on a whim.

For me personally, there are still things I would like to experience and I would love some success before ctb. Like, not ending it on a such sore losing note. My mood fluctuates a lot - as a result of this inner struggle.

Life itself is not worth it to me - but per my spiritual beliefs, life is all there is...can't do anything about it, except ctb and maybe change forms. If there was a big red button for all consciousness to cease, I'd press it in a nanosecond.

Reactions: Itz_d3p
đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´

đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I have a friend that swim and do sport everyday, have perfect grades, a lot of friends, goes out every weekend, is a good person and I don't get how he enjoy it. Just with thinking about me I feel frustrated for all the things he has to do for the next day, and I kinda envy that I guess. CTB is the only thing I see in my future, it feels so unreal me having a life like that, and I wonder what makes people like him want to live?
That sounds like my life when I was running on autopilot mode before I burnt out, the only indication that something was wrong was that I'd keep getting psychogenic fevers from sexual abuse and domestic violence. I think most people want to live until they reach their limit of what they can endure.

• Hugs
Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
Nothing special I guess:
Being healthy, friends, love, a decent job

AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
the absence of anything bad enough to make them want to die. unless theres something specifically bad, most people will just continute to live because its the normal thing to do, because theres no reason for them to go against their survival instinct

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't know. I think even weirder- some people don't even consider suicide. Someone at work once responded to some media piece about suicide- along the lines of- how could anyone think of doing that? It was one of those times where you realise how different your views on life are.

I don't know how much of it is just acceptance- people just seem to accept that they have to live- for better or worse. Plus- they make it harder for themselves to leave by forming families and relationships. I guess others just genuinely find value and enjoyment in life- despite the struggles.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
People who want to end their own lives and people who don't live two fundamentally different existences. One cannot even try to understand the other.