A

AndyM

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, it seems like partial hanging is a good way to go. However I tried this and my si kicked in, I read people on this page try this method over 50 times with no luck.
But it's such a popular method and you hear of people passing this way a lot. So what separates the people who are constantly trying this method with no results and the people that use this method and are successful.
I asked because I tried partial hanging from a tree and all that happened was my si kicked in and left me with a sore throat / neck for days along with a headache.
I'm just confused what do you have to do to make this method work first time around?

Reactions: Couldydays, conveniently_dead and Mauve87
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Frankly......................as with any method, you have to be intent on exiting life. Basically, devoid of ALL hope, rock bottom.

Reactions: Wantodisappear, Hollowman and Mauve87
Mauve87

Mauve87

Aug 30, 2023
Did you manage to lose consciousness?

From my experience , the hardest part is dropping down.

It's similar to a trust fall. I'm planning to try it soon and feeling very restless lately

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
Ultimately it boils down to losing consciousness quickly enough to not have your 'conscious' SI hinder you, and then make sure that the rope doesn't come loose when/if your body shakes when you're unconscious (this is also SI). The latter is why I failed my attempt, and it did take me some trial and error to get that perfect angle on my neck.

I'm sorry I don't have any better advice. Getting the angle of the rope correctly on your neck, and also dropping down immediately instead of slowly, should help. Make sure to have a slipknot as well.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Fortitude. SI will kick in and you need to power through it.