Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I don't understand this craze where people go to a site dedicated to savagely denigrating members to the point where enormous warning signs deter depressed/suicidal people etc from joining. Presumably for legal reasons, to prevent the site being shut down if there's a suicide.

Now what kind if person volunteers to be savagely denigrated? What kind of personality do they have? What personal history might drive a person to inflict this upon themselves? Mental illnesses is an obvious one IMO!!!

But then again I don't understand boxing or people that join the army either..

Edit: sorry mods, wrong section? please move to off-topic maybe?

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Made4TV and 2 others
Flash

Flash

Stealing your MHz
Dec 19, 2018
idk...I've witnessed it on reddit. I would never want to know my undiscovered flaws. In a way it's attention seeking at the lowest level. I've considered posting on a "rateme" thread. But the thing is, i take so much offence to negative feedback. I'm really sensitive. so sensetive that i have to medicate myself just to fit in.

It is degradation and the youth is getting into it. Everyone wants their moment as charlie sheen.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
. In a way it's attention seeking at the lowest level.
You know, you're right. With the perceived potential to elevate to power. Both sick and deluded. My heart goes out to everyone involved.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Flash
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
It is degradation and the youth is getting into it
got me thinking.... imagine their parents. Or is it media. I just can't blame the kids, as evil as some of the little shits might be

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Flash
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I dunno, guys. I really admire people who can laugh at themselves. Maybe some of them are overconfident and don't think they have any flaws to roast. Maybe they want to test their endurance to being insulted. Maybe they lost a bet, who knows.

I myself love a good roast-- I think Greg Giraldo was the king of this-- but I would never, ever subject myself to that kind of savage teardown, I don't have the ego for it.

I can live on a good compliment for a month, but if a hurtful comment worms its way into my psyche, it'll be there forever.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pineapplecrown, wxtyubidi7y and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I dunno, guys. I really admire people who can laugh at themselves.
So do I, now that you say it. Does that require an ego? I suppose ego is healthy. Or can be. Or is usually. I've never understood enough people to have the faintest idea

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Flash and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
So do I, now that you say it. Does that require an ego? I suppose ego is healthy. Or can be. Or is usually. I've never understood enough people to have the faintest idea

I don't think it takes an inflated ego; I think it's the opposite, a healthy, stable ego. People who can laugh at themselves are well-adjusted, secure, resilient, and value their own worth above outside opinions... basically, self actualized. I'll probably never get there, but it's an admirable goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes and wxtyubidi7y
Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Student
Nov 13, 2018
I think I am one of those people that likes to be roasted. I am confident in my ability to find the faults in myself that I try to test it out with others. I don't care about what others say. It doesn't affect me unless I want to let myself be affected. For example, fueling myself to ctb and intentionally letting those words affect me. Personally, it's better to know what people really think of you. I dare you to find someone who doesn't have one or two bad thoughts about you. Having someone who can truthfully burt out what I am lacking in will just help me improve or compensate that with something else. If I can't be handsome, I can be witty and communicative. If I lack muscles, I can compensate with mental wellness and emotional stability or go to gym.
How can you improve if you don't know where you lack? Why hide yourself? Isn't it better to learn to differentiate between genuine criticism and blind envy roast?
I am not sure how I feel about it but I have learned to recognize myself as a person. If need to be, I can compliment myself because why not? In the end, I am a person? What is the difference in complimenting yourself when you do good? Are you living for others or yourself? Is this life truly yours? Who is the one that decides what is valuable and what isn't? It's you isn't it?
So knowing that there's at least one person (me) is happy with who I am and is genuinely trying to look out for me, why do I need to be sad about what I can't be or isn't?
Beyond that, it's fun to watch people roast me because that just tells me how important I am, that they are wasting their precious time on me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry if I've insulted anyone btw. And I can't believe I just typed that LOL

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Flash and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Sorry if I've insulted anyone btw. And I can't believe I just typed that LOL
Hey, no worries. The warning on your profile acts as a legal disclaimer ;)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Flash, Made4TV and 1 other person