SnarkyPuppy2002

SnarkyPuppy2002

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
Jun 17, 2023
I'm curious what kind of music you guys listen to. Does it depend on your mood? Who you're with? What you're doing? Personally, I'm having an "Ok Computer by Radiohead" moment right now. What are some songs and artists you all recommend? :)

Reactions: Amelie and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: lu15007 and SnarkyPuppy2002
guinea-pig

guinea-pig

:0
Jul 31, 2023
I listen to anything really but I love Suicideboys, Three 6 mafia, and Lana del Rey

Reactions: SnarkyPuppy2002
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Passenger

plasticbomb

plasticbomb

Aug 15, 2023
Mostly gabber/hardcore. The more approachable and dope the better. I want to feel like I just took a fat shot of speed.

Reactions: l_iawiet and SnarkyPuppy2002
imonadeadline

imonadeadline

Call me Line! :P
Aug 15, 2023
I actually love KPop. I was a big TWICE stan (ONCE!) And I'm actually going to their concert in less than two months. These days, I listen to Laufey, Beabadoodee, and Mistki. The holy trinity of sad girl songs.

Reactions: caraphernelia and SnarkyPuppy2002
Bobbylobby

Bobbylobby

Tonight You Belong to Me
Aug 16, 2023
Usually grunge, stuff like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Though I do listen to Negative XP and Alex G who kinda have there own sound, would recommend

C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
bgm from games and anything close to it.

mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I grew up listening to bands like Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Starset, etc. I still listen to them pretty often so, alternative rock? I also enjoy Indie and J-Metal + J-Pop :)

Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
whatever feels good
but if i had to pick a genre, i'd go with indie and all of its sub genre's

Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
A lot of trance, D&B and rap. At the moment listening to screw music

SpaceBoyEvangef

SpaceBoyEvangef

"Gonna get you like a space boy!"
Aug 16, 2023
Been listening to Queens Of The Stone Age more :)

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
TL;DR: Metal/Vaporwave/Jazz/Glitch Hop and some recs.
I went way overboard 🤣

I listen to most genres of Metal. My favorite subgenres are Power, Progressive, and Heavy Metal.
But I do also listen to Post-, Stoner/Doom, Thrash occasionally, Death metal very occasionally, Black only if it is experimental in some way (Agalloch, Astronoid, Harakiri for the Sky)

For the lighter side, Rock, I also listen to some Progressive Rock but leaning towards the heavier side. I'm less interested in Rush and more interested in, say, Thank You Scientist. Occult Rock too, stuff like Year if the Goat and Ancient VVisdom. Also, Post-Rock as backround chill music for studying? Goated.

I also like Vaporwave/Future Funk(?). Shame that most of their music is on Bandcamp and YouTube and not Spotify.
Surprisingly good music to have sex to.

Jazz Fusion? I like some. I haven't delved too deep but Marcel the Drunkard's channel on YouTube hosts some great stuff. But one album that will never leave my mind is Osamu Kitajima's Masterless Samurai.

Finally, some Dubstep/Glitch Hop. Call "wub wub wub"s stupid but it's what tickles my brain. I don't listen to it too often but I do have an old playlist I visit from time to time.

Until last year (when I lost my job) I would go to a concert around once a month.
Some of my favorite performances were those of SOEN, Mars Red Sky, Amenra, Týr, and Sons of Apollo.

You might say that I love music and that I'm eclectic but I don't really wander too much off the genres I know I like. I don't know a lot of hit songs and am only starting to know a bit more because of playing Beatstar on my phone. I wouldn't say I have an eclectic taste in music.

My favorite bands to rec (certified underrated BANGERS):

Triosphere, Dark Empire, The Order of Chaos (Power Metal),
Darkwater, Colossus, Edain (Progressive Metal),
High Spirits, Vultures Vengeance, Castle (Heavy Metal),
SIKASA (Post-Metal), Boss Keloid (Prog Stoner Metal),
Ludicra (Black Metal), VAK (Prog Sludge Metal),

I'm curious what kind of music you guys listen to. Does it depend on your mood? Who you're with? What you're doing? Personally, I'm having an "Ok Computer by Radiohead" moment right now. What are some songs and artists you all recommend? :)

whatever feels good
but if i had to pick a genre, i'd go with indie and all of its sub genre's

I don't know why, but I feel compelled to recommend Cosmo Sheldrake - Pelicans We to you two. They're a light indie band, and the song's pretty fun. I think you'd like them.

Reactions: Aesthetic guy and SnarkyPuppy2002
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
I've been liking Good Kid alot, Indie band with very upbeat music. I think alot of their songs sound the same but I dont rlly mind.

Here's one of their songs

SnarkyPuppy2002

SnarkyPuppy2002

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
Jun 17, 2023
TL;DR: Metal/Vaporwave/Jazz/Glitch Hop and some recs.
I went way overboard 🤣

I listen to most genres of Metal. My favorite subgenres are Power, Progressive, and Heavy Metal.
But I do also listen to Post-, Stoner/Doom, Thrash occasionally, Death metal very occasionally, Black only if it is experimental in some way (Agalloch, Astronoid, Harakiri for the Sky)

For the lighter side, Rock, I also listen to some Progressive Rock but leaning towards the heavier side. I'm less interested in Rush and more interested in, say, Thank You Scientist. Occult Rock too, stuff like Year if the Goat and Ancient VVisdom. Also, Post-Rock as backround chill music for studying? Goated.

I also like Vaporwave/Future Funk(?). Shame that most of their music is on Bandcamp and YouTube and not Spotify.
Surprisingly good music to have sex to.

Jazz Fusion? I like some. I haven't delved too deep but Marcel the Drunkard's channel on YouTube hosts some great stuff. But one album that will never leave my mind is Osamu Kitajima's Masterless Samurai.

Finally, some Dubstep/Glitch Hop. Call "wub wub wub"s stupid but it's what tickles my brain. I don't listen to it too often but I do have an old playlist I visit from time to time.

Until last year (when I lost my job) I would go to a concert around once a month.
Some of my favorite performances were those of SOEN, Mars Red Sky, Amenra, Týr, and Sons of Apollo.

You might say that I love music and that I'm eclectic but I don't really wander too much off the genres I know I like. I don't know a lot of hit songs and am only starting to know a bit more because of playing Beatstar on my phone. I wouldn't say I have an eclectic taste in music.

My favorite bands to rec (certified underrated BANGERS):

Triosphere, Dark Empire, The Order of Chaos (Power Metal),
Darkwater, Colossus, Edain (Progressive Metal),
High Spirits, Vultures Vengeance, Castle (Heavy Metal),
SIKASA (Post-Metal), Boss Keloid (Prog Stoner Metal),
Ludicra (Black Metal), VAK (Prog Sludge Metal),

I don't know why, but I feel compelled to recommend Cosmo Sheldrake - Pelicans We to you two. They're a light indie band, and the song's pretty fun. I think you'd like them.
Oh that's awesome dude, lots of cool stuff to look into!! I'm also super into jazz fusion (think like Casiopea) and future funk/vaporwave although I don't listen to it much anymore, was a big fan of Saint Pepsi back in the day lol.

I've heard a few Cosmo Sheldrake songs before and I must admit that he's not exactly my thing but I'm enjoying "Pelicans We" so far :)

Reactions: l_iawiet
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Lately, a lot of melancholy stuff like this (it's actually quite beautiful)

DrekSS

DrekSS

"I rather die than live under your control"
Sep 3, 2022
It's a really nice album, my fav song from it is "climbing up the walls".

My personal recomendation is the album "the downward spiral" by Nine Inch Nails.

It really goes down deep, it's a bit dirty and with harsh sounds, contrary to radiohead's delicacy. If you can handle that, you will see the amazing story that the album has to offer. :)

caraphernelia

caraphernelia

what’s so good about picking up the pieces
Aug 24, 2023
At the moment I have been listening to a lot of Pierce The Veil, I love their songs so much but my favourite song by them is probably Caraphernelia

Reactions: l_iawiet
medipoison

medipoison

the government HATES her!
Aug 21, 2023
i quite like rock and punk. the vandals "hitler bad, vandals good" album is all ive been listening to for the past week. im fully serious, ive barely listened to anything else. its not as hard as id usually listen but its still good and pretty funny.

velocitydesigncmfrt

velocitydesigncmfrt

Aug 13, 2023
alex g, sweet trip, radiohead is my top three right now
i think i like music that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

FallenForestry

FallenForestry

No Longer Human
Aug 26, 2023
Recently I made a playlist thats a mixture of Radiohead, Alex G, Dandelion Hands, Merchant Ships, Mitski, Flatsound, The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, Sign Crush Motorist, Car Seat Headrest, Crywank, and the occasional Boygenius. Before that we were on a really big Noah Kahan and Sleeping at Last kick. Also Ethen Cains album "Preachers Daughter" is a recent concept album that we got really into. Any kind of music that stirs up emotions is a go-to

cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
i lovee rock, jazz, rap, and goth rock. depending on what type of music u like i can give u a bunch of recommendations, but if u want my favorites id say earl sweatshirt, dazey and the scouts, lily chou chou, bahaus, type o negative, MF DOOM, nas, and metricas frias

l_iawiet

l_iawiet

mrjapanlover69
Jan 7, 2024
I don't really consider any artist to be my favourite right now but I find myself being into speedcore/breakcore most of the time. My music taste is too random