Attachments

• 3D0BEB6A-446F-4A75-98A3-F773CC3EAD79.png
    3D0BEB6A-446F-4A75-98A3-F773CC3EAD79.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
In a cashless society it'll be too easy to lock people out of their accounts and make them slaves to the system. It's all about control and It's becoming more and more like a police state here in the states. Imagine if they controlled your money. They already pushed it telling you what you couldn't buy and where you can't go when we were first locked down. Imagine if a computer algorithm stood between you and your next meal. That's where we're headed if we allow them to use this epidemic to push for control.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Walilamdzi, LoNatural, Lost in a Dream and 6 others
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
That's when the looting and rioting starts, if I'm not mistaken. Hunger is a great way to shake off complacency.

Reactions: Final Escape
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020

Its already started.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
One of my favorite research topics, Makhnovia, had an ultimate goal of being cashless.

There were times in the Spanish civil war that parts of Spain were entirely cashless. If I'm remembering it correctly Alcalatén was operating as cashless.

Last edited:
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I can tell you here where I live we are nowhere near ready to go cashless. All this futuristic stuff they keep talking about feels like hundreds of years away. Driverless cars? They can't even fix the potholes on the roads. Our infrastructure is very poor for a "first world" country. I don't want any of it anyway the state already has too much control over our lives.

Reactions: Oyoy, Final Escape, BlackPoppet and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah I don't like a totally cashless society as it makes it too easy for institutions, government, and what not to control what you do. Plus, having only digital currency and not paper currency opens up a security risk. If your digital currency gets hacked and stolen and you don't have proof or any other backup (physical/paper currency) then you are essentially broke. This is coming from someone who has studied cyber security a little bit during college.

• Love
Reactions: throwaway_2620, Walilamdzi, Final Escape and 4 others