Xe-

Xe-

Seems better than Tinder
Jul 29, 2024
My question is the title of this post. I don't mean SI, I am thinking on a philosophical level. I know relationships and mutual agreements play a big part in the brain's function to make the endorphins as a will-to-live. This could be an attitude change, or the way someone looked at you. Or an understanding or acceptance through finding something in the other person that was once being searched for. Either way, what ever situation, there is reaction in the brain that forces the self to keep trudging, almost like a drug that needs to be searched out for more of. I have noticed through some of the community writing people seem to have a strong will just by the connections I see being made on this site. Which, is a good thing for them, but I feel I am done being jaded. I know genuine connection is still dishonest. For this, I can not live. Not because of this online community, but in every aspect of my being.

So what is your personal definition of a will-to-live?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I see it as motivation to try basically. For that, you need hope. As to what people try at- could be anything- relationships, career, hobbies, interests, building a comfortable life. But, something or multiple things about life encourage them to keep at it I suppose- to get as close as they can to what they want. When they no longer want anything- I'd say that's when the will to keep trying starts to fail. Then, it can simply be a matter of going through the motions for the sake of other people.

Sadly, I think we can keep lingering on when our will to live is gone. In some weird limbo, zombie state. Plus, SI will still remain- even if logically we feel like we've got nothing left to live for.

Reactions: Xe- and rozeske
Xe-

Xe-

Seems better than Tinder
Jul 29, 2024
Have you ever noticed when you personally know you're ready to die- just in the way people talk or write- you see life in how thoughts are formed, like in how they process words and thoughts. I'm not mentally handicapped, maybe autistic, but I know what life has thrown at me has made my mind... slower, and my way of life more cynical.

Reactions: divinemistress36
FoxInWaiting

FoxInWaiting

A forest spirit, waiting for his time to escape.
May 27, 2023
A purpose.

Reactions: Xe- and yvesapple
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
For me the only reason l keep living is because I fear a suicide method failing and Remaining alive in an even worse state.They made guaranteed suicide methods into crimes like assisting suicide, nembutal , suicide booths, cyanide capsules etc.

I don't have any will to live or to do anything. The only reasons I do anything is to avoid worse pain. There is no reason no purpose to live or to do anything.

I have a will to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: voudebase and Xe-
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Having a reason to want to live.

I don't have one, therefore, I have no will to live.

Reactions: sugarb
Rhymester

Rhymester

No longer happy me
Aug 9, 2023
Insanity.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
In my opinion, a will to live is a genuine desire to make the most of your time on this planet. No matter how bad things get, there'll always be a light at the end of the tunnel, and those moments of suffering and pain are worth enduring so that you can be happy...well thats what some people think

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Will to live is just that, a desire to live. Whether out of obligation or personal pleasure, it is a desire

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
Will to live to me is the natural feeling you don't question until your life starts to go south. Like gender in some sorts, something you don't really pay attention to until someone starts to feels wrong. Some people live and continue living because they can survive the problems, others face the struggle by acknowledging the pain and finding a reason to grip onto while others instead just lose it as a result of great unbearable pain.