Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
I read the book "the Secret" when I was a teenager.
And at the time I believed in it.
I later realized that it's complete nonsense.
I don't believe our thoughts have any actual power, only our actions.

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver, tardis, MiserableBastard1995 and 2 others
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Those who believe in this type of nonsense often have very miserable lives and are searching for any way to find betterment. Their predicament makes them very susceptible to the idea that they just have to visualize a better future and it'll all come true... those who write these books are making a killing out of the suffering and desperation of vulnerable people.

Reactions: Computer Blue, Mm80, BeyondGoodNEvil and 6 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Feels like things like this are similar to religion. You get a free boost in mood/positivity/confidence/trust (good for a lot of things, obviously) without paying much time or effort for your belief, and you most likely won't suffer any penalty for the "incorrect" (I have not gone full-on solipsism yet, wish I could) belief as long as you don't overdo it.

Reactions: nolongerhuman
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
no offense but you seem to use this forum for dating advice/venting about women you feel have wronged you. and if that works for you, then cool, but this is a forum for people dealing with the subject of suicide and i've never seen you mention it... i'm not saying that you should be suicidal you just seem to be a little off topic

Reactions: BeyondGoodNEvil, All Things Must Pass and western_heart
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
but this is a forum for people dealing with the subject of suicide and i've never seen you mention it...
He's mentioned it a couple of times. And it's pretty obvious he's as damaged as the rest of us :ahhha:

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Busticket, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
no offense but you seem to use this forum for dating advice/venting about women you feel have wronged you. and if that works for you, then cool, but this is a forum for people dealing with the subject of suicide and i've never seen you mention it... i'm not saying that you should be suicidal you just seem to be a little off topic
At least the posts are in the off-topic section... unlike many of the "no bf/gf" threads that show up in the suicide section.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Yeah. OP, incels.is is made by the same people and is probably more up your speed.

• Love
Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021

Yeah. OP, incels.is is made by the same people and is probably more up your speed.
Well, this post is perfectly appropriate for the off topic forum. If you have a problem with OP being allowed on the website at all, you should take it up with the mods. I personally see nothing inappropriate with this post and don't see why it shouldn't stand.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Busticket, demuic and 4 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I'm fine with his posts being in Offtopic, not every conversation is going to suicide-specific, but we do allow members to voice their thoughts or opinions in a reasonable manner as long as it doesn't break any rules in a royally fucked up way. If users have a problem with their posts, you could always block/ignore them.

Reactions: Busticket, nolongerhuman, motel rooms and 1 other person
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
I personally see nothing inappropriate with this post and don't see why it shouldn't stand.
Neither do I, I just think he might find more like-minded people there.

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
If you look at @Busticket's previous posts, he has mentioned suicide plenty of times in his threads. I used to see his posts quite a bit in the "Suicide Discussion" section. Personally, I am pleased for him that he is trying to improve his life and has moved away from the subject somewhat, because it's nice to see things get better for some members.

Plus, the "Off topic" section is precisely for posts like these - a place where people can share whatever they like without it having to specifically revolve around suicide.

I may not agree with everything he posts about women and dating, but it is clear to me that he has has own struggles and is in a lot of pain, such as wishing he could have died in an accident at the age of ten. It's sad to know that it went downhill from there. He is so alone that he finds himself drawn to this site over and over again, and said "You are my only friends."

He deserves a supportive space to share as much as any of us.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Quiet Desperation, Celerity and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not believe in the law of attraction, I think people may use this as a coping mechanism. Our mind and our thoughts have no actual power to change anything.

Reactions: demuic, Celerity and Busticket
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
it is just yet another delusion that gives people the feeling of having more control than they actually have

Reactions: FuneralCry, demuic, Celerity and 1 other person
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
At best the thought process/meditation you go through to try to 'create your own reality' can give you the courage to try things you wouldn't be able to otherwise or do better at something because you have less anxiety. At worst, it sets people up for disappointment. I don't think the metaphysical stuff behind the idea is true

Reactions: Celerity and Busticket
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
celebrate season 3 GIF
scared season 3 GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Marine, TriggerHappy and Celerity
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
my bad i didn't see the rest of his posts

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
i can't explain well as i don't remember the exact terms used by a psychologist and my english it isn't too good, so i'll summarize:
Simple and total trash

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
what about hate speech towards women?

L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I feel like The Law of Attraction is not only bullshit, it's also harmful bullshit. It kind of suggests that if someone is having a hard time it's their fault for not thinking positive enough thoughts or something. Which is obviously ridiculous. Also, forget about systemic inequalities and systemic barriers. No need to worry about that stuff! All we need is for individual people to visualize the stuff they want in the right way and it will happen :halo: /s

Reactions: motel rooms
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
what about hate speech towards women?
I don't know if his posts rise to the level of hate speech. It's a fine line. You may be able to take down his earlier post (and I guess his apology) if you ask the mods.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
It's not true as I've visualized catching a bus loads of times and it still hasn't happened.

Reactions: Ame and Celerity
T

tardis

Sep 7, 2019
OP if I can offer you two pieces of unsolicited advice:

1. Don't let people bully you out of this forum. You have a right to be
here as much as anyone else. And succumbing to bullying just shows
them they can keep behaving that way and get what they want.

2.You say things like
I am a virgin and and I never had a gf...[other guys had] many women they had sex with and many cute gfs
I think you should reframe your problem, frankly, in a more
mature way. I am not saying this to be hostile but I think it
can actually help you..

Do you really want "sex with a cute gf" (lol)?
Do you maybe want more serious and important things like intimacy,
love, companionship, etc?

While it won't help you find someone, I honestly believe
*understanding* your problem might help you cope with
it a little better.

I feel people would be more sympathetic to you if

a) you weren't directly addressing women here who literally
don't know you and have their own problems and

b) you maybe talked about your problems more maturely (and
in doing so, more accurately).

Again I apologize for the unsolicited advice. If it bothers
you I'll delete this. but a lot of people decided to pick
on you here so I thought I would be more positive

---

to answer your title question: law of attraction = stupid nonsense.
even stupider when they appeal to quantum physics.

Reactions: Ame, Busticket and Celerity
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
OP if I can offer you two pieces of unsolicited advice:

1. Don't let people bully you out of this forum. You have a right to be
here as much as anyone else. And succumbing to bullying just shows
them they can keep behaving that way and get what they want.

2.You say things like

I think you should reframe your problem, frankly, in a more
mature way. I am not saying this to be hostile but I think it
can actually help you..

Do you really want "sex with a cute gf" (lol)?
Do you maybe want more serious and important things like intimacy,
love, companionship, etc?

While it won't help you find someone, I honestly believe
*understanding* your problem might help you cope with
it a little better.

I feel people would be more sympathetic to you if

a) you weren't directly addressing women here who literally
don't know you and have their own problems and

b) you maybe talked about your problems more maturely (and
in doing so, more accurately).

Again I apologize for the unsolicited advice. If it bothers
you I'll delete this. but a lot of people decided to pick
on you here so I thought I would be more positive

---

to answer your title question: law of attraction = stupid nonsense.
even stupider when they appeal to quantum physics.
First of all I would like to thank you for the advice, feedback and support.
Second, I don't know if you noticed but I don't reply to the offensive replies on my threads.
I ignore them.
I only reply to constructive and positive comments like yours.
Thank you.

Reactions: Busdriver, Celerity and tardis